IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CD name and track lists does not display...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 08:21 AM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD name and track lists does not display...

I just picked up my 2008 IS 250 this past Saturday, Jan 12. Everything is working great, but when I play CD's I am not seeing the CD name and tracking listings. Whether I play commercial CD or CD's burned from my computer it doesn't work. I have not tried playing a CD with raw MP3 files, so maybe I should give that a shot. But I can't understand why a commercial CD does not work.

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 08:28 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mines never worked either
Old 01-14-08, 08:33 AM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ReLexin
mines never worked either
I don't get it. How could Lexus overlook something like that? It never worked at all for you? Did you take it to the dealership and compain?

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 08:46 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It works for some people. There was a thread about this a week ago and they said if you use Nero to burn your CD then it would show up. It depends on which program you use to burn it.
Old 01-14-08, 08:52 AM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iKenn
It works for some people. There was a thread about this a week ago and they said if you use Nero to burn your CD then it would show up. It depends on which program you use to burn it.
Ok, I'll search for it. Thanks

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 08:55 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes,

It is a Nero issue. Nero will have the track recognition encrypted in the burn process. Also, some radio stations should have ID logic broadcasting in their analog signal and thus, you should be able to ID the artist and track title.
Old 01-14-08, 09:09 AM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brian231
Yes,

It is a Nero issue. Nero will have the track recognition encrypted in the burn process. Also, some radio stations should have ID logic broadcasting in their analog signal and thus, you should be able to ID the artist and track title.
But is it possible with the correct settings to use NERO for burning CD's to have the track information display properly?

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 09:15 AM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iKenn
I can't find that thread. Can you send me a link to it? Thanks

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 10:19 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And one today.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...66#post3192466
Old 01-14-08, 06:10 PM
sdub74
Rookie

There aren't many music labels that put CD-Text info on the CD. Sony is the only one I know that does it reliably. But everyone's right, if you burn it with Nero, there's an option to add CD-Text info, and you can edit it yourself. I've been wondering why more labels don't add this info, since it seems easy enough to do, and is a very nice feature.
Old 01-14-08, 07:04 PM
SAFNYC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdub74
There aren't many music labels that put CD-Text info on the CD. Sony is the only one I know that does it reliably. But everyone's right, if you burn it with Nero, there's an option to add CD-Text info, and you can edit it yourself. I've been wondering why more labels don't add this info, since it seems easy enough to do, and is a very nice feature.
I just downloaded a trial of Nero and burned an audio CD with text title and tracks. It worked in my IS, but for some reason the last track I burned does not display. I burned 3 tracks but only the first 2 are recognized. The folders appear to be working as well.

Another annoying thing I noticed is that if I browse music folders while playing a track the player switches to the first track in the new folder. It should allow you to browse folders until you find the track you wish to play, then upon selecting it should it change to the new track. Am I doing something wrong?

SAF
Old 01-14-08, 10:00 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

some commercial CD's also display the track names, but its a hit or miss with those, dunno why.
Old 01-15-08, 10:45 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I asked this very question months ago and here was the answer...

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Side question...?

When playing "store bought" CD's... Do the Track List buttons display the song names??

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Bichon
Yes and No. The song titles should be displayed on store-bought discs produced with CD text extensions, but not for normal CDs. You can identify discs that include CD text by this logo:

Also, if you burn CD's from I-Tunes, pick the songs with the Text...

Jz
Old 01-15-08, 11:10 AM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you burn a cd with MP3 or WMA files the text will show up too.
Old 01-15-08, 04:24 PM
sdub74
Rookie

Originally Posted by SAFNYC
I just downloaded a trial of Nero and burned an audio CD with text title and tracks. It worked in my IS, but for some reason the last track I burned does not display. I burned 3 tracks but only the first 2 are recognized. The folders appear to be working as well.

Another annoying thing I noticed is that if I browse music folders while playing a track the player switches to the first track in the new folder. It should allow you to browse folders until you find the track you wish to play, then upon selecting it should it change to the new track. Am I doing something wrong?

SAF
Not sure why your CD is only playing 2/3 tracks. Maybe something bad with the MP3? I've had a whole folder not play even though it showed up.

I think that folder behavior is by design. Remember, this is a car audio system you're dealing with, not a PC where you can browse folders while the system continues to play the current track.

Quick Reply: CD name and track lists does not display...