IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Detroit Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08 | 02:49 AM
Kayo
Rookie

Default Detroit Auto Show

Interesting write-up on one of my favorite websites http://www.core77.com about the Lexus booth at the DAS. Click for pictures

Wondering if anyone has extended images..

Here what they said:

Disappointingly, there aren't many new exhibits at the show this year. (I'm usually more interested in the architecture than the cars.) Lexus however has an all new booth - by far their best yet and one of the most well executed at the show.

Designed by Mark Lawrence of the George P. Johnson Company, Lexus' new exhibit combines highly refined materials and strong organizational qualities. Much of exhibit design is marketing through architecture, and this stand speaks very well for the brand. Abundant use of stainless steel and glass is paired with stone and wood, reflecting Lexus' design philosophy of technology balanced with humanity.

Although there is a touch of Japanese influence in the design, it looks more toward a global definition of luxury than Infiniti, who has very successfully embraced its cultural heritage in recent years to establish itself as more of a cult brand. Less than 20 years on, both companies have found strong and distinct identities in a market segment dominated by some of the most recognizable names in the world.
Old 01-16-08 | 06:05 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

i want Lexus to come out with something that totally is different, i mean the IS, ES, and GS. all have pretty much the same look. I wanna see something crazy like a 4 door coupe, or a redesigned SC430. I thought there would have been a new design for the SC430 at the show.