IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

To all those running anything other than amber in your city lights...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 03:36 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

but i never gotten pulled over and iv driven beside and behind a cop many times. Is it differnt for every state? I see many cars here with purple head lights. Oh well ill just ask my cousin whos a police officer.
Old 01-16-08, 04:03 PM
AUbeast86
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Jail? For blue parking lights? Next thing you are going to tell us is that he took out his baton, smashed your tail lens, and busted you for a broken tail light.
hey man, im just telling you guys what the inbred cop told me while he had a plug of chew in his mouth. i mean, i AM in ala-freakn-bama!!
Old 01-16-08, 04:11 PM
AUbeast86
Rookie

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ROFL... you put blue lites in your car and you wonder why you get pulledover???
from what the cop said i would have been pulled over if i had green lights in. and yes they are the ones in the high beam housing. like i said, it took the morons over an hour to find the freakin code in the book. they pulled me over for something they assumed was illegal, but wasnt exactly stated like they thought, so rather than tell me they made a mistake, they slap me with an improper lightning ticket. same one you get for no tail light. and plus, the detective called me in as "flashing my blue lights" which is impossible to do unless you turn them off and on manually, which is rediculous. so go figure.
Old 01-16-08, 04:15 PM
AUbeast86
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian231
Cops in Chicago are roough about that as well. They assume you are a young punk I guess. This is why I have not changed them. Kind of rediculous if you ask me!!!
well, i can assure you im not some young punk. im a project engineer for toyota.
Old 01-16-08, 04:17 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by AUbeast86
from what the cop said i would have been pulled over if i had green lights in. and yes they are the ones in the high beam housing. like i said, it took the morons over an hour to find the freakin code in the book. they pulled me over for something they assumed was illegal, but wasnt exactly stated like they thought, so rather than tell me they made a mistake, they slap me with an improper lightning ticket. same one you get for no tail light. and plus, the detective called me in as "flashing my blue lights" which is impossible to do unless you turn them off and on manually, which is rediculous. so go figure.
wait is it your daytime running lights or your parking lights?
Old 01-16-08, 04:27 PM
AUbeast86
Rookie

Originally Posted by iKenn
wait is it your daytime running lights or your parking lights?
its the 194 lights in the high beam housing. they are on the ones everyone is changing out for the leds, which is what i did, only with blue smts.
Old 01-16-08, 04:34 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^ Think the positive way......at least:

1. they didnt send you to jail
2. didnt really FINE you (just a fix-it ticket)
Old 01-16-08, 05:10 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by AUbeast86
its the 194 lights in the high beam housing. they are on the ones everyone is changing out for the leds, which is what i did, only with blue smts.
whats a smts. heres a quick pick of mine. i have a led with some chip that makes it more blue.

this is it on during the daytime
Old 01-16-08, 05:11 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

during the daytime the DRL lightens it up so its not as blue
Old 01-16-08, 06:22 PM
Rehab_Pain
Rookie

at least they didn't tell you "you got such a pretty mouth" and no banjo music was playin.
Old 01-16-08, 06:53 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rehab_Pain
at least they didn't tell you "you got such a pretty mouth" and no banjo music was playin.
lmao
Old 01-16-08, 07:26 PM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fight the power! lol
Old 01-24-08, 10:18 PM
lexXxus13
Driver

That's just plain stupid... The lights are in your actual housing which officers dont have blue lights in their housings (usually in front grill - back and front windshields - and roof mounted. In your case though, those are the only blue lights on your car, and they dont flash/strobe. Sounds to me like you caught that dude on the first day of "that time of the month"

I say keep em in, might look like your a cop (lol), but at least people will slow down and drive safe when they see them since the real 5-0 are backin up the drive thru at crispy cream!!!

PS. I dont NOT like cops, so dont misread this post, my dad was one and my neighbord is one, but serioulsy... YOU show me a cop that drives and IS350 on duty and Ill stick my foot in my mouth! Just my .02 though.
Old 01-24-08, 10:44 PM
jerom332
Driver School Candidate

Cops in Alabama have nothing to do... cops here in miami could give two sh!!$ about that
Old 01-24-08, 11:18 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I give both you guys with the blue led's tickets. Not for breaking any law. Just having bad taste in looks. Those are rice/ugly. And this is coming from a dude that has changed out his parking/city lights as well.

Quick Reply: To all those running anything other than amber in your city lights...