Taste of Lexus 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 07:37 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus 2007

Hello Members,

I was curious if anyone went to the Taste of Lexus either last year or previous years? I was curious what opinions were. I loved the event in Chicago (Arlington Park) this past September. That had an IS-F smoke show. The food was awesome and the exhibits were great. My props to lexus for this event.

Brian
Old 01-18-08, 08:44 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

I had a blast at the Taste of Lexus in Phoenix. Even though my fellow comrades weren't purchasing any of the new Lexus's any time soon, we beat on them like we were.

My wife and I chilled in the back of the 600H while my 21 year old buddy beat on it like he stole it and had 21 cops chasing him. I was screaming out loud laughing the whole time, my wife was screaming out loud *****ing at my boddy. It was a riot. She was not very happy.

She didn't like it when I drove the IS350 either, as if I was trying to set a course record. But the cool thing was that the hosts didn't scream at anybody; they simply asked, "please tone it down a bit." They didn't want to **** off any potential customers. I'm sure they were just happy to see late 20s, early 30somethings interested in the Lexus. The majority of the folks there were the typical blue hair lexus customers.

I enjoyed the IS350 and the GS450h the most. I understand the IS350 praise now. That thing was fun to drive.
Old 01-18-08, 09:13 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

I attended the event in Jackson, NJ and had a good time. They had a white IS-F there, but unfortunately it remained parked under a tent. Glancing at the performance course, you could see all of the rubber left from burnouts that were done a day earlier during a press-only event. I would have paid for a chance to take it for a spin, but all I was able to do was to sit in it.

As for the LS600h, I was more impressed with it when I sat in the one parked in the pavilion, where I enjoyed the massage function of the back seats, than I was with one I drove. Granted the car has amazing acceleration for a car its size and weight, but it was much less fun to drive than the IS350.

I understand that in previous years, they had examples of competitive cars from other makes that could be driven back-to-back with each Lexus; I was disappointed that they eliminated it this year. I'd have really enjoyed the opportunity to drive a 335i and an IS350 on the same course.
Old 01-18-08, 09:46 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

food was just ok for the one in SF...but not bad overall!

lexus also had another IS-F event in Laguna Seca....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=300628
Old 01-18-08, 10:00 AM
Mystery_is
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the event here in Kansas City, Missouri

No IS-F showing, they had it sitting inside on display
Old 01-18-08, 11:27 AM
mr350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shern
I had a blast at the Taste of Lexus in Phoenix. Even though my fellow comrades weren't purchasing any of the new Lexus's any time soon, we beat on them like we were.

I enjoyed the IS350 and the GS450h the most. I understand the IS350 praise now. That thing was fun to drive.
I also went to the Taste of Lexus event in Phoenix. It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving day and my wife and I went early. There was no one there and we just went from car to car. We had such a blast! My wife just loves the SC 430 and I thought the GS450h was an awesome car. I loved the event and would go back in a heart beat.
Old 01-18-08, 12:32 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys, I was unaware that Lexus use to have competitor cars for comparison. That is not bad measure. Probably cost too much to do so they chucked it. I am also glad to see this event at smaller cities other than just Chicago, New York and Los Angeles. I am sure this event cost a bundle as well. The satff alone have to be a bunch.
Old 01-18-08, 12:59 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

One related thing I forgot to mention. There is cool high definition documentary on the Taste Of Lexus event in Los Angeles, shot a few years ago during the introduction of the second generation IS. http://www.iddistribution.tv/Produce...d%20programmes

I've seen it a handful of times on the Voom World Sports HD channel on Dish Network. (I think that channel is also available on Cablevision). If you get the channel, keep an eye out for it -- it's worth watching.

Last edited by Bichon; 01-18-08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-18-08, 01:25 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I attended the Dallas TOL and it was pretty cool. I was a little disappointed in the length of the courses, they could have been a tad longer and still kept wait times to a minimum. They did have an IS-F on display, they didn't drive it around but they did start it up and rev the engine every once and a while. The food was pretty good, especially for free food. My father and I definitely left the event impressed and I just may have convinced him to go for the 450h.
Old 01-18-08, 01:55 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to it in Alameda, CA. Was AWESOME! I drove the IS350 like 9 times and tore that track up! Its was so much fun. Went with the gf and another couple. The girls enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 01-18-08, 07:24 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

We went to the one in Miami. We went for one purpose, to get a $750 coupon to give to the dealer to lower the price of our special order. Thanks to some great people here, we found out about it and signed up. Love ya, guys!

We enjoyed walking around for a little, had something to eat (actually very good) and then went to test drive a car. At that point, the skies opened and they closed all test tracks. We spent some time in the LS600h area while it rained, but then hung it up and left. I really wanted to go out on the track so I was a little disappointed. All in all it was definitely worth it to drive 2 hours to have a nice little meal and clear about $700.

By the way, when we turned in our coupon last weekend (sounds so good) the finance guy said that it was the first one that he had seen in 5 years and that he needed to go find out what to do with it! I felt good to turn it in.