IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 Used Lexus IS250 Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 01:28 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
35k is too much for a used IS250 even with Nav. remember, navs are worthless on used cars and don't add that much to the value of the car in used lots. Someone here bought a used IS350 with nav and ML for $30k, had like 19k miles on it.
Dare I even start--but nav is far from "worthless" in a used car. You will not get back the full amount of what you paid for nav when you trade or resell. Part of the issue is that most people lease for 3 years, or own for more than that, so by then, the maps are outdated, and the technology may be better in a new car. But, unless you are talking about cars that are over 5 years old, to think that the price for 2 used and otherwise equal cars, with and without nav, will be the same is just not true. this is even more so when the car is barely a year old. However, you should play that argument up that the nav detracts from the value--see where it goes. You also should convince him to knock $300 off the price to pay for the cost of the current version of the nav DVD.

The basic premise asserted by others is correct--$35k for this car is outrageous if its RWD. My '07 is AWD with nav, luxury package (not premium--make sure you know the difference: Lux has power tilt steering, rear sunshade, memory seats and rain sensing wipers), wood, headlight washers and all weather mats was $36,150.

If the pictured car is AWD, it has 18" wheels added--maybe that's part of the reason they jacked the price up.
Old 01-31-08, 01:59 PM
tjZ06
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my '06 about a year ago (so the '07s were out, basically a similar situation as you). It had 2,800 miles on it, it's loaded (NAV, heated/cooled etc), auto and a tough to find color combo. Their asking price was somewhere north of $35k (I don't recall exactly) and KBB was around $34,500 at the time. I paid $31k. Hope that helps.

-TJ
Old 01-31-08, 01:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

lowball them for $29K and see what they say....
Old 01-31-08, 02:06 PM
mmoore3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OutCaster
Hi,

I'm stopping by my Lexus dealership today after work to look at a used 2007 Silver IS 250. It has about 9100 miles on it, a spoiler, and nav package. The sticker price is about $35,000. I told them that's too expensive, they said to come in and we'll work out a deal.

I was wondering if I can get it for $30,000 or at most $31,000. What strategies should I use to negotiate? There's another Lexus dealership that is selling a similar car, but with more miles on it for $30,995. Can I ask the dealship to beat that price? If they can't, I'm gonna walk away?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Yeah $35000 is way to much for that vehicle. I paid a little under 35 for my 07 IS 250 awd w/lux pckg no nav. You should b able to pay between $30000 and $31000 that's more than a reasonble price. My dealership just took in an 07 250 awd for $28000 no nav and in the the Texas region manheim auction lists them goin for around 28000-29000 w/those miles but I cant see the options on all the vehicles. The bottom line is when it comes to negotiating the deal just stick to your guns & tell them what u want to pay. If the dealership can make the deal and they want to make the deal then you will be fine. I personally don't think that there will be any problem with that dealership getting you the price at $31000 give or take. As far as you price shopping them, you can try that but its kind of a tough thing to do because there's no set invoice on a used car and every dealer can own their car for a different price. You can also always use the data I just gave you. Good luck hope you get it.
Old 01-31-08, 04:29 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

just came back from dealership, loved the way is250 looks. i said 29k, salesperson asked manager, came back and said they couldn't go lower than 33k. i left. there's no way i'm paying 33k for that car. the rear passenger side door has 2 small nicks too. i highly doubt they will sell that car at 33k.
Old 01-31-08, 07:43 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Good move especially if it is not AWD. You could probably get a brand new 2008 for around $33k. Just look at the invoice price on Edmunds.com and go from there. With RWD, Lux and Navigation, the invoice price is approx. $33,600. You can easily get one for $500 over this price and if you work at it, you can get it for less than that. I got $100 over invoice on my car and had one dealer willing to give me $250 under invoice if I took the silver car they had in stock but I really wanted black so I walked.
Old 01-31-08, 08:38 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

You don't seem to be in a hurry, so you could special order the car you want. My special order was $34.9 plus $490 dealer prep/doc plus 6% tax. Many dealers won't give you a good deal at all on special orders.

Their negotiated price is still too high, and would you rather have a car no one ever drove or possibly abused, plus AWD instead of NAV for $2K more?

You are in control. You have the money! They have cars to sell in a tanking economy. If they took your phone number, count on a call or 3 in the next 2 weeks.
Old 02-01-08, 07:43 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lex Law
You don't seem to be in a hurry, so you could special order the car you want. My special order was $34.9 plus $490 dealer prep/doc plus 6% tax. Many dealers won't give you a good deal at all on special orders.

Their negotiated price is still too high, and would you rather have a car no one ever drove or possibly abused, plus AWD instead of NAV for $2K more?

You are in control. You have the money! They have cars to sell in a tanking economy. If they took your phone number, count on a call or 3 in the next 2 weeks.
Problem is, I've been driving a rental car for 5 days and today's the last day for that. I need a car now and cannot wait any longer.
Old 02-01-08, 07:56 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Problem is, I've been driving a rental car for 5 days and today's the last day for that. I need a car now and cannot wait any longer.
Can I ask why you aren't looking at a new one? The dealers typically have 250s in stock so they are usually willing to deal. I'd call a few of the other Dealers in Texas, such as Sewell or Park Place Plano/Grapevine in Dallas. See what they can do for you and use their prices to put pressure on your local dealer.
Old 02-01-08, 08:39 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Buds
Can I ask why you aren't looking at a new one? The dealers typically have 250s in stock so they are usually willing to deal. I'd call a few of the other Dealers in Texas, such as Sewell or Park Place Plano/Grapevine in Dallas. See what they can do for you and use their prices to put pressure on your local dealer.
I'd like a new IS250 RWD with Nav, but the MSRP is $38k and I don't want to pay anything over $32k. I do not know if that's possible.
Old 02-01-08, 09:03 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I'd like a new IS250 RWD with Nav, but the MSRP is $38k and I don't want to pay anything over $32k. I do not know if that's possible.
MSRP may be $38k, but invoice is around $32k. You should be able to get a 250 at or close to invoice. My sticker price was just at $39k, but I got it for $35.4k
Old 02-01-08, 09:07 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

MSRP may be $38k, but invoice is around $32k. You should be able to get a 250 at or close to invoice. My sticker price was just at $39k, but I got it for $35.4k
I'll see if I can go to two dealerships and bargain the $38k to $34k. Then I'll test drive a used 07 is250 for $30k and see if they can go to $29k. Then I'll think about which one to get.
Old 02-01-08, 02:15 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I'll see if I can go to two dealerships and bargain the $38k to $34k. Then I'll test drive a used 07 is250 for $30k and see if they can go to $29k. Then I'll think about which one to get.
Cool. Keep us posted.
Old 02-01-08, 02:23 PM
JensBoo
Pole Position

Yeah my 07 250 BRAND NEW cost was $35,400 for Nav, Spoiler, and Premium pkg. Like some have said, you can get a brand new '08 for less than 35k with those same options if you find the right dealer.
Yea I have the same set-up as you and only paid 33k for it and some have been even lower and this is with NO miles. You can definitely do better than 35k for a used one.
Old 02-02-08, 03:00 PM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badpinoy
you are doing the right thing by pinning the dealers against each other. just tell them that you are looking at all the dealerships in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth.
And you all wonder why it's so hard to buy a car these days. They say car salemen are liars, but from what I'm reading here, the customers are not only worst, but they are probably the reason why car delearships operate the way they do.

People who are always trying to get something for nothing will always end up getting jerked around - and deserving it rightly so. As an auto sales consultant, I've heard all the lies in the world, all from the customers' mouth.

The ones who got the best deals from me are the ones who were straight forward and honest.

The ones who try to play games and give me bull**** stories are the ones I try to stick it to or kick them out. If someone comes to me interested in a used IS and try to give me some bull**** Acura has more horse power story, I'll tell them if that is the case, why aren't buying the acura?

If you can't appreciate the value of my car, if more horse power is what you want, than why would you expect me to devalue my car to please you. Go buy the acura and get what you really want. However, if you are still sitting in front of me, it's because you prefer to buy my Lexus instead, thus you will pay what it's worth. Not what you think it's worth agaisnt an acura.

Having said that, I suggest you go in there and let them know your goal and at what price you are willing to do business. Don't bring in some stupid HP story. If they rather let you go, it's because it doesn't make sense to sell at that price. From that point you can decide how far up you want to go.

Just remember, you don't work for free, neither will a saleperson work for free, so dont even try the "I'll buy it at cost" line. Business is business and all businesses have the right to make a profit.

Good luck

Quick Reply: 2007 Used Lexus IS250 Price