IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 Used Lexus IS250 Price

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-08, 03:27 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helriser
And you all wonder why it's so hard to buy a car these days. They say car salemen are liars, but from what I'm reading here, the customers are not only worst, but they are probably the reason why car delearships operate the way they do.

People who are always trying to get something for nothing will always end up getting jerked around - and deserving it rightly so. As an auto sales consultant, I've heard all the lies in the world, all from the customers' mouth.

The ones who got the best deals from me are the ones who were straight forward and honest.

The ones who try to play games and give me bull**** stories are the ones I try to stick it to or kick them out. If someone comes to me interested in a used IS and try to give me some bull**** Acura has more horse power story, I'll tell them if that is the case, why aren't buying the acura?

If you can't appreciate the value of my car, if more horse power is what you want, than why would you expect me to devalue my car to please you. Go buy the acura and get what you really want. However, if you are still sitting in front of me, it's because you prefer to buy my Lexus instead, thus you will pay what it's worth. Not what you think it's worth agaisnt an acura.

Having said that, I suggest you go in there and let them know your goal and at what price you are willing to do business. Don't bring in some stupid HP story. If they rather let you go, it's because it doesn't make sense to sell at that price. From that point you can decide how far up you want to go.

Just remember, you don't work for free, neither will a saleperson work for free, so dont even try the "I'll buy it at cost" line. Business is business and all businesses have the right to make a profit.

Good luck
After reading that I'd say, not a dollar over $28.5K on the used one.

This guy just made the case that "sales associates", quite obviously, have too much time on their hands.

And contrary to your argument I think it has never been easier to buy a car...and buy it at a truly fair price too. Are some customers ridiculous? Of course, and the good sales person accepts that has been, and always will be, the case.

I'm surprised the hackneyed "car is an investment" or "buy the car, not the deal" lines wasn't trotted out somewhere during this screed. The fact of the matter is Lexus dealers are notorious for having inflated prices on the used cars in stock...and personally, I think it helps them sell the new ones.

Last edited by CRB; 02-02-08 at 03:34 PM.