IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Feedback on this grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-08, 07:10 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm... the carson one has hinges that will fit right into your factory chrome bezel...
Old 02-13-08, 12:16 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah whoever is gonna buy the grill from ebay don't. I guess since I got it anyways... I'm just gonna go through everywhere to find some good 3m tape that's black that has enough cushion/foam to fill in the gaps and just tape that sucka on. I guess if it doesn't work out or it just falls out suddenly then I'll put the stock one back on. Kinda shady that they don't provide 3m tape or anything. oh well. So WARNING to everyone don't get the grill on ebay. unless you wanna 3m tape it on like i will be doing.
Old 02-13-08, 06:22 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

hmmmm i see. you should complain to them. But anyways i might just buy from nextmod.com
Old 02-13-08, 08:04 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Batmobile
no not at all... i found pics of what i'm trying to say... not on the IS but you'll get the picture....

so pic one of the grill (my favorite by the way)
i hope he doesn't mind me posting

it looks beautiful right?

but for the grill... i personally have the carson grill similar to the one you have found on ebay
No probs man, it´s ok!
In the meantime I´ve got the Carson CF Grille. It is just as perfect fit as the other one, I really like it. When I read about the fitment issues of the eBay piece, now I´m glad I spent a bit more as I had considered that too for a moment.

Last edited by Letz250; 02-13-08 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-13-08, 08:23 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I likes when your close up and could see the mesh but from far it looks like something missing... This grill makes the car sportier looking IMO.
Old 02-13-08, 11:30 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

So I just installed my grill and it makes my car look like a rice rocket yes.. just the look I'm going for. I got my grill off of ebay and the only way you can install that sucka is 3m tape. got it at kragen (autoparts store) and after you tape it down you gotta drill holes in the grill 'cause they're not pre-drilled. Also try to tape down the top and bottom. Don't try to do the sides 'cause the sides won't stick to it. Well here's the outcome of 3m tape and drilling holes. I guess this will be temporary until I can find a reason/logical reasonable explanation to myself to spend 300+ to get the carson cf grill.
Old 02-14-08, 05:36 PM
gman1227
Pole Position

^^^^^very nice love the look is that a real cf hood or overlay?
Old 02-14-08, 08:46 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

real cf hood from seibon. if you're gonna get that make sure you get new bolts for your hood or else it won't fit right.
Old 02-14-08, 09:04 PM
likwid8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Letz250
No probs man, it´s ok!
In the meantime I´ve got the Carson CF Grille. It is just as perfect fit as the other one, I really like it. When I read about the fitment issues of the eBay piece, now I´m glad I spent a bit more as I had considered that too for a moment.
Do you have any pics of the Carson CF Grill on your car? Thinking about getting that one.
Old 02-15-08, 02:41 PM
Letz250
Pole Position

As close ups I only have these 2 below with the installed grille. On the further away pics, the CF patterns aren´t recognisable.
BTW, the emblem is a DIY I did myself with a rear "L", an aluminum sheet and a CF inlay from eBay.

Old 02-15-08, 07:27 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As close ups I only have these 2 below with the installed grille. On the further away pics, the CF patterns aren´t recognisable.
BTW, the emblem is a DIY I did myself with a rear "L", an aluminum sheet and a CF inlay from eBay.

wow hot!!
Old 02-23-08, 10:45 PM
likwid8
Pole Position

Hows the grill fit? Did it you have to use any 3m tape?
Old 02-24-08, 01:16 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by likwid8
Hows the grill fit? Did it you have to use any 3m tape?
I´ll send you a PM with pics, don´t wanna threadjack too much.
Old 02-24-08, 08:48 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

I´ll send you a PM with pics, don´t wanna threadjack too much.
Hey threse no problem man, I dont mind go ahead and post away
Old 02-24-08, 11:31 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

OK thanks, here we go!

Upper one in both pics is the CF, lower one is the painted grille. You can see it comes with 3M tape at the bottom. (pic of the painted grille is after removal, therefore it has no more tape) Tape is needed because the lower tabs don't hook into the bumper like the OEM do. It would probably work without but it adds a bit stability. The upper tabs are just the same as OEM. Fitment is near perfect. I installed the painted just as it came, without any modification. The CF left a small gap at the top corner passenger side but I could fix it easily by drilling one hole slightly larger so it could slide back with the clip in it.
BTW, both grilles came with a different mesh, the CF has a narrower pattern, which I personally like better. And as it is held with small metal clamps it's changeable.

Quick Reply: Feedback on this grill