IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus warranty sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-08 | 04:25 PM
559IS350
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I am from Fresno too and I take my IS to them also since they are the nearest one here. I never had any problems with the service writers about my intake, lowered. As a matter of fact they always give me a loaner car just for a simple oil change. FYI: Fresno Lexus don`t give out loaners unless it is major service. The first time they said that to me I said " What the ******? to the service guy. Then the service writer guy say oh don`t worry I`ll get one for you. You should tell them, you can only void it if you can prove it and tell them that you will give them a poor rating on their service. They always call you after you pick up your car and mail a survey.
Old 02-09-08 | 06:00 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 1M

This isn't a Lexus warranty issue, this is a dealer issue. Some dealers are more mod friendly than others.

The question is, why would you take your car in to the dealer for something you know is normal? That makes a heck of a lot LESS sense than the dealer not wanting to service a modified car.
Old 02-09-08 | 06:03 PM
Letsrunem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ramon
This isn't a Lexus warranty issue, this is a dealer issue. Some dealers are more mod friendly than others.

The question is, why would you take your car in to the dealer for something you know is normal? That makes a heck of a lot LESS sense than the dealer not wanting to service a modified car.
Oh at the time i didnt know it was normal. I put it in parenthesis because i know now that it is perfectly normal.
Old 02-09-08 | 06:23 PM
jerom332
Driver School Candidate

Everyone does know by now that the clicking is the injectors which having an intake I m sure makes the sound easier to notice? I have an intake an the dealer hasnt told me a word, further more I went in after having lowered my car when the headlights went out of whack and they adjusted it for me for free. Even after they remarked that my car was lowered and thats what caused the headlight to go out of adjustment. I guess it depends on dealer and who you deal with
Old 02-09-08 | 09:23 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Hey maybe use fresno ISx50 guess should meet up once a month. there seems to be a lot of IS floating around
Old 02-09-08 | 10:14 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Default Power trip

Originally Posted by Ramon
This isn't a Lexus warranty issue, this is a dealer issue.
Some dealers may be a little more conservative than others, but it seems in this case it is clearly limited to a service writer issue. He/she is simply on a power trip. It is reflected power, ie, they cannot afford your car, so use their association with Lexus to impose their interpretation of Lexus policies on those who are able to afford something they cannot. This is very common in other "permission" relationships such as border customs inspectors and other officials who are "gate" controllers. Little people with delusions of grandeur/power who unfortunately are in positions of "reflective power". And no, I am not a pshrink, just someone with long life experiences.
Old 02-10-08 | 02:02 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

After taking my car to 3 different dealerships... the last one I went to helped me by covering the parts under warranty. Something to do with the Injectors/Cam etc... ordered a grip load of parts. It's not clicking/grinding anymore at startup.

I believe the mod thing is a case by case basis... take it to another dealer. Some people will try and help, other's will have no clue what you are telling them.
Old 02-10-08 | 08:08 AM
LexFather

Thread title is mis-leading and, well, could u not have described it better?

Dealer issue. I've also read the exact OPPOSITE with Nissan dealers, it depends on your relationship with the DEALER many times.
Old 02-10-08 | 09:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by NGG
Some dealers may be a little more conservative than others, but it seems in this case it is clearly limited to a service writer issue. He/she is simply on a power trip. It is reflected power, ie, they cannot afford your car, so use their association with Lexus to impose their interpretation of Lexus policies on those who are able to afford something they cannot. This is very common in other "permission" relationships such as border customs inspectors and other officials who are "gate" controllers. Little people with delusions of grandeur/power who unfortunately are in positions of "reflective power". And no, I am not a pshrink, just someone with long life experiences.
If your service manager can't afford an ISx50, he's not very good at what he does. Any decent service manager should be able to afford a $40k car easily with employee discounts.
Old 02-10-08 | 11:15 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap
CL Folding 500000

And people wonder why I have NEVER bought a new car..........This hassle isn't worth it after doing mods.