IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Does the IS-F rear n front bumper fit in normal IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-08, 06:41 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by movin_up
IS-F body parts on a non F is not cool IMO. Like people putting M3 body parts on their non-M3 3 series, or Cobra fascia on a GT.
I don't understand comments like this at all. You add things from upgraded editions to make your car unique and look better (in the owner's eyes). It's not like you're trying to be a poser, unless you stick an F badge on it (or a cobra snake in the case of a mustang, or a M badge on a BMW).
Old 02-10-08, 06:45 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
can't change the seats, I have the Cashmere interior
Full interior swap?
Old 02-10-08, 06:54 PM
Mystery_is
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I don't understand comments like this at all. You add things from upgraded editions to make your car unique and look better (in the owner's eyes). It's not like you're trying to be a poser, unless you stick an F badge on it (or a cobra snake in the case of a mustang, or a M badge on a BMW).

Is it worth the cost to have a wider front and a rear with fake exhaust holes?

Then go for it
Old 02-10-08, 07:49 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

To make things easier I would just get an IS F if I wanted the likeness of the parts whether inside or outside. I know it's easier said then done, but at the end of the day I know I will be more happy. That was what I ended up doing instead of getting a IS350 and adding all the mods to get where I wanted.

At first, I didn't care for the car from the pics and hesitant on the body style, but when I finally saw one in person it didn't take long to make up my mind. Oh yeah, it helps hearing that engine purrr too.
Old 02-10-08, 08:42 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fa-suto
To make things easier I would just get an IS F if I wanted the likeness of the parts whether inside or outside. I know it's easier said then done, but at the end of the day I know I will be more happy. That was what I ended up doing instead of getting a IS350 and adding all the mods to get where I wanted.

At first, I didn't care for the car from the pics and hesitant on the body style, but when I finally saw one in person it didn't take long to make up my mind. Oh yeah, it helps hearing that engine purrr too.
Man, I was just asking about rear bumper, not every ISF parts
Old 02-11-08, 12:31 AM
movin_up
Driver

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I'm just not a fan of it myself. It may look good, but it takes something away from the IS-F and just screams poser to me. And considering that the F badge is hideous from what I've seen, your kitted ISx50 would look like my IS-F because I wouldn't want that huge F on the side of my car either.
Old 02-11-08, 01:06 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

I was looking at an IS-F and 350 side by side at the dealer a couple days ago. I doubt the front will fit, but it looks as though the rear may. The problem is, many have said, the much larger exhaust holes. If you could modify it to not look funny with regular exhausts pipes sticking out of it I think it would look good. It would probably be easier to fill in the existing reflectors and add the thiner, more complementary IS-F reflectors. An IS-F bumper does not make an IS-F look-a-like. The exhaust, front fenders, hood or badges, sure, but the rear bumper isn't that distinctive on it's own.
Old 02-11-08, 09:41 AM
Mystery_is
Driver

Originally Posted by sykocus
I was looking at an IS-F and 350 side by side at the dealer a couple days ago. I doubt the front will fit, but it looks as though the rear may. The problem is, many have said, the much larger exhaust holes. If you could modify it to not look funny with regular exhausts pipes sticking out of it I think it would look good. It would probably be easier to fill in the existing reflectors and add the thiner, more complementary IS-F reflectors. An IS-F bumper does not make an IS-F look-a-like. The exhaust, front fenders, hood or badges, sure, but the rear bumper isn't that distinctive on it's own.
the exhaust and the bumper never meet so he would have to hack his oem mufflers
Old 02-11-08, 11:20 AM
GordoNx3o9
Pole Position

I want those rims