IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$5,000 Accident. Funny Story. This is insane, we are cursed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 04:47 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think people are reffering the "keeping the change" part as the fraudulent part, but rather the part of him claiming it was a hit and run. I really don't think it's considered a hit and run if both parties come out of the car, conversate with eachother, figure they will pay for their own damages, and simply just decide to not exchange info. To me, hit and run would be if someone hit your car and ran off without stopping and saying anything.... hence the term "hit and run". I'm sure your premium would have went up more as well if you said it was your fault instead of some stranger you never saw.
Old 02-12-08, 04:51 PM
thisisj0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread should be locked so no more bad mouthing comes out of anyone
Old 02-12-08, 04:54 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

wow and i thought the other thread i posted in was a good example of insurance fraud.
not only did he lie to this insurance company but he also didnt pay his deductible and the body shop helped him do it!
im curious,
who is your insurance company?
Old 02-12-08, 05:20 PM
subliiime
Rookie

Don't tell him what your insurance company is. From what I can tell he sells insurance for a living and might want to be some sort of a hero make some phone calls..

There are lots of people claiming FRAUD on this incident, yet still nobody has given me a definitive answer as to how you WILLFULLY and PURPOSEFULLY deceived your insurance company for a personal FINANCIAL gain.
Old 02-12-08, 05:33 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by subliiime
Don't tell him what your insurance company is. From what I can tell he sells insurance for a living and might want to be some sort of a hero make some phone calls..

There are lots of people claiming FRAUD on this incident, yet still nobody has given me a definitive answer as to how you WILLFULLY and PURPOSEFULLY deceived your insurance company for a personal FINANCIAL gain.
ha ha well if he didnt commit any insurance fraud then what the harm?
Old 02-12-08, 07:33 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by subliiime

Because he said "I told him I got backed into in a parking lot, and didn't know who did it."

And that's only partially true. He did know who did, but neglected to gather the normal information. Why? Because if he did know who did it and he was found to be at fault, then his rates would increase.

If I recall the original story correctly, he entered the parking lane going in the wrong direction. And judging by his enjoyment of spirited driving, he probably backed up really quickly as well.

How did he deceive his insurance company? He neglected to give them the whole story and circumvented the police when they should have been at the accident site.

How was it for his own personal gain? I don't care about the body shop money, that's something the insurance company has to worry about. I'm thinking about the raise in premiums that probably isn't going to come now.

Of course this is all based on a story I read nearly 12 hours ago, so if my memory fails me please correct me.

P.S. if he didn't mention the 120 mph driving on public roads he probably wouldn't have been flamed so hard. Speeding is one thing, double the speed limit is another.
Old 02-12-08, 07:46 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
Because he said "I told him I got backed into in a parking lot, and didn't know who did it."

And that's only partially true. He did know who did, but neglected to gather the normal information. Why? Because if he did know who did it and he was found to be at fault, then his rates would increase.

If I recall the original story correctly, he entered the parking lane going in the wrong direction. And judging by his enjoyment of spirited driving, he probably backed up really quickly as well.

How did he deceive his insurance company? He neglected to give them the whole story and circumvented the police when they should have been at the accident site.

How was it for his own personal gain? I don't care about the body shop money, that's something the insurance company has to worry about. I'm thinking about the raise in premiums that probably isn't going to come now.

Of course this is all based on a story I read nearly 12 hours ago, so if my memory fails me please correct me.

P.S. if he didn't mention the 120 mph driving on public roads he probably wouldn't have been flamed so hard. Speeding is one thing, double the speed limit is another.

very well said, one other point i would like to make, by doing it his way he would have to pay the deductible which it seems he weasled his way out of anyway. but had he filed a police report and the cop found the other party to be at fault the other guy's insurance would pay the claim assuming he had insurance.
and the other guys rates would increase. now nobody knows who was at fault it actually was, no witnesses present and i didnt bother reading about the speeding on public roads but if i found out one of my insureds was doing that i would call the home office and see about getting it cancelled.

and last but not least i sure as hell wouldnt go on a public webforum where literally the entire world can view his comments and brag about all of the stupid things he has done. sooner or later this will catch up with him.
if i really wanted to i am sure even not knowing his name but knowing it was a IS-250 the state he lives in and the date of the incident all posted here i could easily call allstate, farmers, state farm, american family, shelter, progressive, esurance and gieco which would cover about 90% of the insureds in his state. im sure one of thoes 8 calls would find a dead ringer to investigate. it would only take me about 30 minutes to complete this task.
Old 02-12-08, 08:03 PM
Burst32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Why try to define the incident yourself for the insurance company? What's wrong with just telling the complete truth about what happened and letting the insurance companies do their job? Isn't telling the entire truth precisely the definition of "entirely truthful?"

And how in the world do you get into an accident that serious and somehow not exchange ANY information?
Read what I said in the quote in your last post.

" If I said it was my fault, that isn't the whole truth"
"If I said it was HER fault, that isn't the whole truth either"

We both played a role getting in the accident.

We didn't exchange any information because it was both our faults, and we just agreed to have our own insurances cover it.

WE BOTH GOT BACKED INTO BY SOMEONE WE DON'T KNOW.
AND
WE BOTH BACKED INTO SOMEONE.
Old 02-12-08, 08:09 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

No one is 100% at fault in this case and there isn't a need to have one person take all the blame, someone just needs to be 51% at fault. And seeing as you went down the wrong lane in the parking lot that 51% would have been you
Old 02-12-08, 08:12 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ correct again!

edit, i forgot to mention Nationwide is very common in OH that might be a call worth making.
Old 02-12-08, 08:17 PM
Burst32
Pole Position

The incident occurred on a college campus on private property.
There were no witnesses.
We both were at fault because we backed into each other.
We were both innocent because we got backed into by another vehicle.
We agreed to have our own insurances cover it and left without getting any information from each other.
If the police were notified, they wouldn't know who to blame because no one else saw it.
I wrote "hit and run" originally because it was a lot less typing than to explain and explain what really happened.

I told the insurance company that I got backed into by somebody and I have no idea who it was. Since there is no police report they obviously cannot prove me innocent, but at the same time it was my first claim EVER so they were very lenient. They came and estimated it, and cut me a check. Then I went to the body shop where I have been before for some minor scratches and they quoted me and we set up the appointment.

I have a $500 deductible which I PAYED out of the extra money so cool your jets Bass Mech.

**ALSO**
The insurance company was in contact with the body shop after they cut the check, I believe to make sure I was getting my car fixed so they know that they cut a check for too much.

So as far as I can tell, how many "WRONG" and "FRAUDULENT" things have I done?

Last edited by Burst32; 02-12-08 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 08:20 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

The police arrive and you tell them you went down the wrong lane and backed up while the girl was backing up and you guys hit each other. Like it or not that tips the blame onto your side.
Old 02-12-08, 08:22 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burst32
Read what I said in the quote in your last post.

" If I said it was my fault, that isn't the whole truth"
"If I said it was HER fault, that isn't the whole truth either"

We both played a role getting in the accident.

We didn't exchange any information because it was both our faults, and we just agreed to have our own insurances cover it.

WE BOTH GOT BACKED INTO BY SOMEONE WE DON'T KNOW.
AND
WE BOTH BACKED INTO SOMEONE.
Stop playing word games. All I am saying is that you should have just told your insurance company and/or the cops the complete, unspun, uninterpreted truth. Anything less is deceptive. How hard is that to admit?

You don't get to decide for the insurance companies who and what to pay. There is a due process for these things that you took into your own hands.
Old 02-12-08, 08:24 PM
Burst32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Allen K
The police arrive and you tell them you went down the wrong lane and backed up while the girl was backing up and you guys hit each other. Like it or not that tips the blame onto your side.
What is this wrong lane stuff? things are getting twisted....

I pulled into a parking lot, into a parking spot. Stopped for a few seconds, looked around, and backed up to the left. and some girl backed up to her right just as I did and we caught each other in our blind spots.
Old 02-12-08, 08:27 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Originally Posted by Burst32
What is this wrong lane stuff? things are getting twisted....

I pulled into a parking lot, into a parking spot. Stopped for a few seconds, looked around, and backed up to the left. and some girl backed up to her right just as I did and we caught each other in our blind spots.
Repost your original post, like I said, I'm trying to remember stuff I read 12 hours ago.

Quick Reply: $5,000 Accident. Funny Story. This is insane, we are cursed!!