IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$5,000 Accident. Funny Story. This is insane, we are cursed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 11:08 PM
Burst32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $5,000 Accident. This is insane, we are cursed!!

OK.

I tell a story on here and get flamed because:

A) I was speeding! Are you joking? We talk about that all the time on here. We drive cars that are either really fast (350) or somewhat quick but look fast (250) and you yell at me for speeding. haha. This is a car forum. wow.

B) I made a little bit extra money from the insurance. I got the estimate from them and the check before going to a body shop, the fact that they said they would do the work for less is not my issue. I payed the deductible with the leftover.

C) My insurance agent is a good friend and he has a small insurance agency in town. I told him I got backed into in a parking lot, and didn't know who did it. That is the same as what actually happened, because we didn't even trade information after the collision.

This is a car forum, shouldn't we be "for" each other? As far as making it out pretty well after a pretty expensive accident considering how much it hurts when we do get in an accident and how much we are paying for the insurance? And "for" each other when we speak of a great road to drive on and how good it feels when we open the throttle a bit?

I can't believe I received so much backlash over those couple of issues. How often do we talk of our driving habits on here, legal or illegal? I see threads all the time like "How fast have you driven" and "POLL: have you hit the top speed yet?" And I am sure that as far as the insurance situation went, you probably would have done the same thing because we all have a certain resentment toward the insurers, we are car enthusiasts, it's a pretty natural thing.

Last edited by Burst32; 02-12-08 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-11-08, 11:16 PM
LexyIS350
Driver

I glad your insurance company came through for you. Out of curiosity, who did the insurance company claim was at fault? I'm guessing it might be you since you came in the wrong way.
Old 02-11-08, 11:18 PM
Burst32
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexyIS350
I glad your insurance company came through for you. Out of curiosity, who did the insurance company claim was at fault? or was it both?
Well since it was both our fault, we just agreed to have our own insurances cover it. I just told my insurance company that I got hit and run'd in some parking lot. They didn't even ask for a police report or anything. But it was my first accident in 6 years and my first claim so I guess they were lenient. I reallly made out though. Lucky.
Old 02-12-08, 03:31 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't find your story that funny, and I certainly didn't find the two instances of insurance fraud funny either.
Old 02-12-08, 05:10 AM
Noz
Lead Lap

Ummmm... which part of this story is suppose to be funny? The part where you admit breaking the law by speeding at speeds of 120MPH? or maybe the part where you obviously backed up way to fast considering the damage on your car. Maybe it's the insurance fraud that you commited and shouldn't be bragging about on the internet? And do you not have a deductable that you need to pay? What part of this story is suppose to be funny?
Old 02-12-08, 07:17 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

people on this board are uptight. gotta remember they are not 18-25 year olds trying to live it up anymore... old and married with kids so they have to take it on the young'ns of CL. lol
Old 02-12-08, 07:26 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Noz
Ummmm... which part of this story is suppose to be funny? The part where you admit breaking the law by speeding at speeds of 120MPH? or maybe the part where you obviously backed up way to fast considering the damage on your car. Maybe it's the insurance fraud that you commited and shouldn't be bragging about on the internet? And do you not have a deductable that you need to pay? What part of this story is suppose to be funny?
While I agree that there is nothing funny in the story, if you remember the Insurance Institutes report about luxury cars and their bumpers... our IS's were proven to produce significant damage when hit at a measly 6 MPH.

See here:
http://www.iihs.org/sr/pdfs/sr4208.pdf
Old 02-12-08, 07:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I didn't find your story that funny, and I certainly didn't find the two instances of insurance fraud funny either.
because OP and a complete stranger completely planned and executed that accident in the parking lot. There is no fraud here. Having extra money leftover from an insurance settlement isnt fraud either
Old 02-12-08, 07:48 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

and the story goes.....
Attached Thumbnails ,000 Accident. Funny Story. This is insane, we are cursed!!-needpics.gif  
Old 02-12-08, 07:51 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

You told your story in such a cheerful, upbeat way I won't even flame you.
Old 02-12-08, 08:18 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PorSiempre
Hey Bro, don't feel bad about what they be sayin' about you on here. It's not insurance fraud when you take the cheque and agree to get the work done yourself (or not get it done for that matter). Also, it ain't speeding if you don't get a ticket. Sorry to hear about your car.
Oh really? telling the insurance that it was a mysterious hit and run when it clearly wasn't isn't fraud?

So everybody else's rates go up to pay for this guy's lie isn't some sort of fraud?
Old 02-12-08, 08:53 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
because OP and a complete stranger completely planned and executed that accident in the parking lot. There is no fraud here. Having extra money leftover from an insurance settlement isnt fraud either
Did you miss the part where he filed it as a hit and run???
Old 02-12-08, 09:05 AM
DVac3
Pole Position

I just don't get why it's funny that you smashed up your IS. If I get a hairline scratch I cry.
Old 02-12-08, 09:13 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I agree with the above. And and what about all that karma talk?
Old 02-12-08, 09:16 AM
Burst32
Pole Position

I feel you are all being a bit too uptight around here. Thought you would side with the person who owns the IS, and don't we all speed?? I mean come on, are you really going to flame me for speeding?? this is ridiculous!! They should change the site from, Club Lexus, to uptight people who are hypocritical while criticizing people for doing things that they obviously do (speeding) and would do (keeping extra money when the insurance company told you to get it fixed yourself).

By the way, I got the estimate from the body shop after I got the check. they just cut it to me in about one week and said here you go, get it fixed.

RELAX.

and I'll change the name of the topic so as to exclude the word "Funny"

Quick Reply: $5,000 Accident. Funny Story. This is insane, we are cursed!!