IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Skipping the Free 30 Day/1,000 Mile Servicing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 06:20 PM
phillies
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skipping the Free 30 Day/1,000 Mile Servicing?

Maybe this is a silly question, but has anyone skipped on the complimentary 1,000 mile 30 day servicing? When my car reached that point I was too busy with other thngs and it seemed like a waste of my time to go down to the dealer so that can look at it as the car is still brand new. I was just planning on waiting until it's time to change the oil before taking it in to the shop....
Old 02-12-08, 06:22 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it doesn't matter if you skipped it. Just make sure you go for your free first oil change.
Old 02-12-08, 06:33 PM
likwid8
Pole Position

You can skip it and bring it in at 5k.
Old 02-12-08, 06:33 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I didn't want them to mess with the new car smell so I skipped it. Seriously, I didn't skip the first free oil change though.
Old 02-12-08, 06:51 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

its pointless.. all it is is water for your windshield wiper fluid and tire pressures.. and techs get paid .4 for it.. again pointless.. im starting to rat lexus out since i work there and its just full of BS. i work in quick lube but do a bunch of bs work (10ks, 15ks which im not suppose to do..) waiting to become a apprentice then a tech.. lexus robs all of us

Last edited by Pnuge88; 02-12-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 07:41 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I just waited till 5k and got it done for free.
Old 02-12-08, 08:47 PM
DVac3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
its pointless.. all it is is water for your windshield wiper fluid and tire pressures.. and techs get paid .4 for it.. again pointless.. im starting to rat lexus out since i work there and its just full of BS. i work in quick lube but do a bunch of bs work (10ks, 15ks which im not suppose to do..) waiting to become a apprentice then a tech.. lexus robs all of us
What do you mean water for your winshield?
Old 02-13-08, 06:25 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I'm at 28K miles, and I've never taken it to the dealer. I would much rather do the work myself.
Old 02-13-08, 06:45 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
Maybe you can elaborate more on this? I knew service guys at lexus that are told to lie to the customer. Two different dealers and the same philosophy. This is why i do everything myself. as for the first free service, it is added into the sticker price, so nothing is really free. I did not have a 1,000k service, but I did change the oil at 1,100 to be safe and then had Lexus perform the 5k service which all they did was change the oil and did not remove the dust covers or rotate the tires although the tech signed off on everything being done. they also had me wait two hours for a ten minute oil change.
Old 02-13-08, 05:56 PM
fdelement
Driver

i think the 1k service is more for you to program your keys and cars.
Old 02-13-08, 06:17 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

yeap thats right water from a hose.. you dont get windshield wiper fluid! lol but thats just the lexus i work at so i dont know about others.. and we arent told to lie to customers theres the fact that service advisors could be lieing to you! lol i just do whats on the paperwork. LOF (lube,oil,filter) thats just a straight up oil change. 5k is LOF and ROT (tire rotation). automatically we are suppose to do tire pressures and refill your windshield wiper fluid (we use water from a hose. theres another hose next to it which is suppose to have windshield wiper fluid in it but lexus is just too dam cheap to do anything about it along with other crap the shop needs) although if you specifically ask for windshield washer fluid you might get it.. lol i dont think it makes a big difference anyways.. dont even bother coming in to GET ROBBED doing a 15k service.. its just LOF ROT and air filter.. and they charge you out the ***. when you could pay 35 bucks for just a oil change since we dont need rotations. and buy and put in the fiilter in yourself.. no need for brake inspection since your car only has 15k.. and so forth.. all i gotta say is come in only if you have some serious problems with your tranny or something or service when your brake pads are low.. lol or FREE TSIBS lol basically im just saying doo all the simple stuff yourself or you'll get robbed.. i never even thought i could do it but its just soo SIMPLE.. just ask people around here thats what this forums for

btw even with my discount.. tires are EXPENSIVE AS HELL at lexus.. go to a tire shop for some cheaper tires.. i was qouted 215 for bridgestone potenzas (MY PRICE which is 10 percent more then what lexus pays for em) for my fronts when i can get falken tires for 122 a piece.. also they have more treadwear.. even though the potenzas are performance tires what good is performance tires needed when my car is slow as hell.. lol besides those potenzas are loud...

* and yes you will be waiting forever to get your car serviced.. lets just say the car wash takes longer then me performing a oil change with a tire rotation tire pressures reset maintenance and tire lights with your little stickers... lol ive timed myself for 11 mins by myself doing an RX350

*sorry if this is long but i guess working there just pisses me off and i just have the need to rat them off on how its just a ripoff to get your car serviced here. i have my reasons why im stll there but yeah.. you get robbed at STEALERSHIPS* as some people call it lol

Last edited by Pnuge88; 02-13-08 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-13-08, 06:43 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gernby
I'm at 28K miles, and I've never taken it to the dealer. I would much rather do the work myself.
for you! lol
Old 02-13-08, 09:15 PM
isduong350
Driver

i just got mines done today and it only took them about 20 mins to get it done. they said it would take about 45 to and hour, the guy said that they was going to change the oil and check the tires and other things plus a free car wash! i told him to skip the free car wash and just do the rest so thats why it took so fast!
Old 02-13-08, 09:51 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I skipped the 5,000 mile FREE oil change. I dont want the dealer touching my car.
Old 02-14-08, 12:07 AM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Props to you, M1sTa801, on the straight dope. I've read alot of posts these last 6 months, but nothing like your rant. Keep it up! I'll also say no-thanks to free car scratches, I mean washes. I'll get Toyota 1-block away to knock out the oil changes and sign my Warranty and Services Guide. I'll do my own A/C filter and try to use the TSIB for the brakes.

Lovin' the knowledge.

I've heard the dealerships make more in the service department than on selling cars, and I believe it.

Quick Reply: Skipping the Free 30 Day/1,000 Mile Servicing?