V-Leds Parking Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 04:50 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Leds Parking Light Question

Hi CL,

I am looking for a close mach to the OEM HIDs and wanted to know which is whiter small or large White 6 LED Light Bulbs? I know how lighting pictures can be misleading and I am hoping to hear from people who have installed it or seen it in real life.

-Hamza
Old 02-19-08, 05:01 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You want the SMT bulbs either the 5smt/9smt or 11smt in white. They actually match stock 4300k hids AND 6000k hids so dont worry. Click on my sig to see a nite pic of my car with 5smt/6000k hid.
Old 02-19-08, 06:16 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

llamaboiz,

Which of the 5smt/9smt or 11smt did you utilize for a replacement wedge bulb, your night pic looks awesome and I would like to acheive that same look of having the highbeam housing whitish/blue as well?
Old 02-19-08, 11:14 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok i use 5smt since that was what they had last yr, vleds product line is expanding very fast, the 9's look great too, 11's are newer and i just seen the 27's. One reason i stick with the 5's is because they still work and look great, im asian so im tight with the money .

Only dig i have against what VLED's runs personally is that it appears to be a forward firing led, not sure how much it will light up the housing. I ran forward firing LEDs the first time from PIAA and they totally sucked ****, overpriced and overrated.

VLED thx for comming to our boards, your SMT products are the best at a good price and the shipping times are outstanding *for someone in hawaii*. I recomend vleds to all hawaii club members Good job.
Old 02-19-08, 06:57 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

wow i think i want to change my parking lights....

As you see V-Led, you got a huge customer base on the forum

Any idea when you will re-add the 'wholesale deals' on the site? i need to get a crap load of LEDs for various cars as well as mine.. I need to get the door lights,New parking lights,trunk lights,vanity mirror lights.

Man, i spent at least 70 bucks on LEDs so far...
Old 02-19-08, 07:19 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait so what happens when you turn on the high beams? Does it just intensify the LED's?
Old 02-19-08, 07:27 PM
06-IS250
Pole Position

DAMN! i just made a purchase :P

I want to change my foglights to something WHITE though...if you got anything, can you hit me with a PM?
Old 02-19-08, 07:33 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Doh! ah well I don't think the $3 would have killed me. GBs are always welcome though.

Props
Old 02-19-08, 10:30 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

almost all your questions about looks and installation can be found in the FAQ.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322099

there to be exact.
Old 02-20-08, 12:00 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

^+1 to mikeho & combfilter, thank you for the write up and the pix. VLEDS thank you for your kindness

comb,
so i read that the pictures don't do the lighting justice but how close is it to the OEM HIDs? in your picture they looked very different.

llamaboiz,
yours match perfectly, so these are not the OEM HIDs i suppose?

VLEDS,
thanks man... whenever you can plz post a pic of the housing in the morning with the lights off

Here are my priority list in what i want in an aftermarket parking light:
  1. a matching colour when the lights are on with 4.3k HID fog lights and OEM HID
  2. a matching clear colour with the housing when the lights are off (not yellow or blue)
  3. parking lights alone will not appear ricy blue
so far the image of the lighting here is what i am looking for
Old 02-20-08, 12:24 AM
06-IS250
Pole Position

I just installed the 9 SMT VLEDS and I can shed some light for you.

The housing does not change colour in the day. The lights are like plastic material type thing (dont I sound educated), so it does not reflect in the housing. At least I sure as hell didnt see any color changes.

The colour matching...it'll never be PERFECT, cause they are not HIDs. I have 5000K HID kit from xenon depot, and it looks sick with them on. The light itself is white when you look at it, but kinda gives off a blue hue. Its not ricey, and when the HIDs are on, they become overwhelmed, people wont even really realize whats going on there cause they dont know. They'll just assume its part of your HID light.

Thats how I see it...they are nice. get them.
Old 02-20-08, 06:17 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kattanh3

comb,
so i read that the pictures don't do the lighting justice but how close is it to the OEM HIDs? in your picture they looked very different.
They are so cheap and better then the stock ones so I don't think it matters.

Does it match the oem light?? No, not at all. Like vled even said it has a hint of blue in it, which sucks to me because that instantly puts it into the ricer category. Is it better than stock? Absolutely. The stock ones looks like crap *** yellow faded crude.

They would be better if they were straight up just white with no blue tint.

The 5mt ones that lama and I have are the perfect brightnesss for parking lights though.

for very few $$$$ it's a great "mod" if you can call it a mod. Quit overthinking it and just click the button. Looks like the vled dude is even hooking you up with 10% off.

I might even purchase some more of the leds for parts of my interior.
Old 02-20-08, 08:10 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
...Does it match the oem light?? No, not at all. Like vled even said it has a hint of blue in it, which sucks to me because that instantly puts it into the ricer category. Is it better than stock? Absolutely. The stock ones looks like crap *** yellow faded crude...They would be better if they were straight up just white with no blue tint...Quit overthinking it and just click the button
i just pulled the trigger... of a machine-gun lol i ordered 6 different types:
  1. V-LEDS HID WHITE 11 SMT LIGHT BULBS
  2. SMT HIGH POWER HID WHITE LED LIGHT BULBS
  3. SUPER HID WHITE 4 LED WEDGE BASE
  4. HID WHITE INVERTED CONE WEDGE BASE LED
  5. HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS s
  6. HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS LARGE
This is cheaper than buying one then making a second order if i didn't like the first, the shipping costs is that brutal. i'll try them all and let you guys know what i think, i'll try to take pix as well but don't count on it, my camera is not all that so don't expect vivid results

-Hamza
Old 02-20-08, 02:36 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06-IS250
I just installed the 9 SMT VLEDS and I can shed some light for you.

The housing does not change colour in the day. The lights are like plastic material type thing (dont I sound educated), so it does not reflect in the housing. At least I sure as hell didnt see any color changes.

The colour matching...it'll never be PERFECT, cause they are not HIDs. I have 5000K HID kit from xenon depot, and it looks sick with them on. The light itself is white when you look at it, but kinda gives off a blue hue. Its not ricey, and when the HIDs are on, they become overwhelmed, people wont even really realize whats going on there cause they dont know. They'll just assume its part of your HID light.

Thats how I see it...they are nice. get them.
You should change your profile grill shot with HID to reflect your current mod (LOL). I can't wait to change the wedge bulbs out as well.
Old 02-20-08, 02:39 PM
NOVAGFC350
Pole Position

Why so many? Are you intend to keep them all? I'm also looking to get some light bulbs to replace my parking, interior, door's lights. Therefore I as well as others are very interested in some pics. Please take and post them when you have a chance .

Originally Posted by kattanh3
i just pulled the trigger... of a machine-gun lol i ordered 6 different types:
  1. V-LEDS HID WHITE 11 SMT LIGHT BULBS
  2. SMT HIGH POWER HID WHITE LED LIGHT BULBS
  3. SUPER HID WHITE 4 LED WEDGE BASE
  4. HID WHITE INVERTED CONE WEDGE BASE LED
  5. HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS s
  6. HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS LARGE
This is cheaper than buying one then making a second order if i didn't like the first, the shipping costs is that brutal. i'll try them all and let you guys know what i think, i'll try to take pix as well but don't count on it, my camera is not all that so don't expect vivid results

-Hamza

Quick Reply: V-Leds Parking Light Question