IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Does any1 have front dash rattle TSB file for 07 2IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 05:33 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any1 have front dash rattle TSB file for 07 2IS?

anyone has the PDF file please post here. I need to print that file to bring it to my damn dealer.

Thx a bunch
Old 02-22-08, 06:26 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not just ask the dealer to address the issue. Perhaps they have it already...
Old 02-22-08, 07:09 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here you go. It says it is only for '06's, but if you have the same type rattles it is worth a try although you'll probably get some pushback for them to do it. Not aware of one specifically for the '07's:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
InstPanelRattle_TSIB.pdf (82.7 KB, 443 views)
Old 02-22-08, 08:43 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Here you go. It says it is only for '06's, but if you have the same type rattles it is worth a try although you'll probably get some pushback for them to do it. Not aware of one specifically for the '07's:
I also have the 06 ones,,been trying to find for the 07's. If any1 have the 07 please post it .. anyway thanks for the file man.. really appreciated for posting it

Cheers!
Old 02-22-08, 08:44 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Why not just ask the dealer to address the issue. Perhaps they have it already...
My dealer sucks to the core!!!! that's y i need to show them the damn paper
Old 02-23-08, 07:52 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

my service advisor said every car's problem is different, he means every 2IS has its own unique dash rattle. so they have to test drive my car and see which is causing the problem.

MY QUES IS:

Isn't is obvious it's the dash? And since there's TSIB, so isn't it kinda fixed where the problem inside the dash is?
Old 02-23-08, 11:18 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

There isn't a TSIB for the '07 or '08. They changed the design and incorporated the TSIB fix into the car's production, so there is no TSIB related to dash rattles, buzzes, vibrations, or noises for the '07 and '08 model years.

So your service advisor is telling you the truth. Let them do their jobs and quit complaining about a non-existent TSIB.

Also, this seems to bear repeating - TSIBs address problems Lexus is finding complaints about. Those complaints are common enough and frequent enough to get their attention to authorize a common procedure under warranty to address the complaint. TSIBs are NOT recalls. They address specific complaints. Nothing more, nothing less. MANY TSIBs get "fixed" at the factory, so there is a cutoff in the VIN for affected units. Units built after the fix are NOT subject to the TSIB. TSIBs also include things like predelivery inspection procedures, and other issues common across the Lexus line, so the NUMBER of TSIBs you see on a website is NOT indicative of quality issues or even common failures.

Having a dealer do a TSIB for an issue you have not experienced is just plain DUMB. If you are NOT experiencing a problem - if the dash doesn't squeak, if the engine doesn't make noise on start up, if the brake dust doesn't bother you - LEAVE YOUR CAR ALONE!!!
Old 02-23-08, 11:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer did it for my '07. They told me they won't do TSBs unless they hear/see the problem, so they obviously heard it. Interetstingly, they didn't want the printed TSB, because they like their techintions to trouble shoot the problem on their own, in case it's something else.

I recently discovered where my noise is coming from. The hood over the guages has 2 screws. If I push in on the screw on the right side, I hear the noise. Of cousre, I discovered this AFTER I had them do the TSB (which helped, but didn't solve it).
Old 02-23-08, 11:42 AM
VF84
Pole Position

my 07 has a rattle above the center vents .. sounds like my volvo
Old 02-23-08, 03:32 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There isn't a TSIB for the '07 or '08. They changed the design and incorporated the TSIB fix into the car's production, so there is no TSIB related to dash rattles, buzzes, vibrations, or noises for the '07 and '08 model years.

So your service advisor is telling you the truth. Let them do their jobs and quit complaining about a non-existent TSIB.

Also, this seems to bear repeating - TSIBs address problems Lexus is finding complaints about. Those complaints are common enough and frequent enough to get their attention to authorize a common procedure under warranty to address the complaint. TSIBs are NOT recalls. They address specific complaints. Nothing more, nothing less. MANY TSIBs get "fixed" at the factory, so there is a cutoff in the VIN for affected units. Units built after the fix are NOT subject to the TSIB. TSIBs also include things like predelivery inspection procedures, and other issues common across the Lexus line, so the NUMBER of TSIBs you see on a website is NOT indicative of quality issues or even common failures.

Having a dealer do a TSIB for an issue you have not experienced is just plain DUMB. If you are NOT experiencing a problem - if the dash doesn't squeak, if the engine doesn't make noise on start up, if the brake dust doesn't bother you - LEAVE YOUR CAR ALONE!!!
I had this fixed on my 07 because it was getting to me. They had the car for a week and installed a noise kit, no more rattles, you all should get this done.