IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What I got new from Lexus for FREE

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08 | 11:22 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
All i got was a keychain which i no longer use... OH and a pen in owners manual thingy and i paid in full too...
But.......that is when you bought the car, this is service related......
Old 02-23-08 | 11:25 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pocky
But.......that is when you bought the car, this is service related......
AHH... pssh i got... a free cup of kona coffee, which isnt too bad but i'm a distributer of kona coffee so thats what i have every morning anywayz...
Old 02-23-08 | 11:25 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
AHH... pssh i got... a free cup of kona coffee, which isnt too bad but i'm a distributer of kona coffee so thats what i have every morning anywayz...
LOL. talk about useless!
Old 02-23-08 | 11:55 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MIA IS250
Damn! now that is some service!!! what dealer is that?
Lexus of Thousand Oaks

Originally Posted by pocky
So, installing a new speedo actually gives you the foglight indicator. nice! what about your mileage?
Yeah, I have a 06 and was replaced w/ the 08 unit which has that feature. I'm still getting used to an extra light indicator being displayed now.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The new speedo would also accomodate upgrading the skid control computer if something were to happen to yours and force you to replace it. The new computer when installed in an '06 flashes VDIM test mode on the multi-display if you hold the TRAC off switch for more than 3 seconds (it also turns off the VSC without the pedal dance a la '07 and later.) With the new combometer it would just light the appropriate lights... I've been thinking about this for awhile now...
WOW... I didn't know that. good to know. I'm gonna try it out. thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
is there a TSB for the wind noise?
what exactly is the wind noise from?
I don't think so but after hearing from a couple CL members having the same issue i went to the dealer to have them look into it for me.

does the glovebox open smooth now (i usually need to press my button twice)
Nope... Seems like its something common w/ the 2IS. I have to press twice also. Just like the day I bought the car new.

Originally Posted by MrMut
hows the new sunroof and wind noise? I get quite a bit form mine too, but i don't feel any wind coming through. I thought it was normal *shrug*
There is still a little wind noise but it's 10x better than it was before. I don't hear it at all if the cover is close though... hee hee

Last edited by Shoganai; 02-24-08 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-24-08 | 12:06 AM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

nice congrats
Old 02-24-08 | 06:42 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Do the service advisors draw straws to see who has the unfortunate task of answering to your demands when they see you pull up?
Old 02-24-08 | 10:50 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRB
So to replace the seal on the sunroof you have to replace the whole thing?

Gotta, hand it to the boyz in Toyota City for that bit of design brilliance. That should make out of warranty seal replacement a financial windfall for someone.

[Note to self: Order X-package with sunroof delete.]
Financial windfall is right, maybe Lexus will be a bit more careful with designs for the 09 or gen 3, it must cost them some bucks to pay the respective dealers to perfom TSB's as the parts are a right-off to some extent.
Old 02-24-08 | 01:47 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

The new speedo would also accomodate upgrading the skid control computer if something were to happen to yours and force you to replace it. The new computer when installed in an '06 flashes VDIM test mode on the multi-display if you hold the TRAC off switch for more than 3 seconds (it also turns off the VSC without the pedal dance a la '07 and later.) With the new combometer it would just light the appropriate lights... I've been thinking about this for awhile now...
Okay, I must of misread your post since I tried holding down the trac off switch for more than 3 secs to achieve the VSC off light indicator to turn on too. By reading your post over again I take it your saying I have 1 of 2 complete to achieve what the 07/08's is capable of doing. Your saying I still need to upgrade the computer too. How much would that be?!?!? As for now I still need to do the pedal dance to completly disable the traction.
Old 02-24-08 | 01:49 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Man i never got anything free from the dealer. even when i bought the car since they said i got a good deal so no free goodies
Old 02-24-08 | 02:02 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

holy crap! i gotta start going to Lexus of TO. that's perfect, it's on my way to school!

but i didn't buy the car from there...you think they'll be nice?
Old 02-24-08 | 02:09 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

so you're going to have to get a new lic plate fram everytime you let them wash your car?
Old 02-24-08 | 03:13 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

The OP isn't getting anything FREE, he is just getting warranty service and TSIB action (except getting his front lip repainted free). I haven't had any issues to take care of, and I don't feel cheated, just getting what I expect from Lexus, i.e., a trouble free car.
Old 02-24-08 | 06:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Shoganai
Okay, I must of misread your post since I tried holding down the trac off switch for more than 3 secs to achieve the VSC off light indicator to turn on too. By reading your post over again I take it your saying I have 1 of 2 complete to achieve what the 07/08's is capable of doing. Your saying I still need to upgrade the computer too. How much would that be?!?!? As for now I still need to do the pedal dance to completly disable the traction.
Right - you have one of two parts. The skid control computer is pretty pricey - MSRP is $1,523.59. I've been figuring I'd get one from a wrecked '07 or '08 for about half that.

I wish there was a firmware update available for this unit. It would be a LOT cheaper.

BTW, your new gauge cluster MSRP is $1,363.14.
Old 02-25-08 | 06:53 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
holy crap! i gotta start going to Lexus of TO. that's perfect, it's on my way to school!

but i didn't buy the car from there...you think they'll be nice?
I didn't buy my car there either... Since I rock a vanity plate still I have the temp registration sticker on the front window that says Keys of Van Nuys.

Originally Posted by bagwell
so you're going to have to get a new lic plate fram everytime you let them wash your car?
I requested a NO WASH... plus Lexus license plate frames has a warranty of 1-3yrs depending on dealership.

Right - you have one of two parts. The skid control computer is pretty pricey - MSRP is $1,523.59. I've been figuring I'd get one from a wrecked '07 or '08 for about half that.

I wish there was a firmware update available for this unit. It would be a LOT cheaper.

BTW, your new gauge cluster MSRP is $1,363.14.
hmmmmm... I do want that option but hard to justify at the moment since i haven't yet taken my car out to the tracks. Would the computer be a simply install???!!?! I can always ask my friend from Toyota to see how much he can get it for then maybe... if it's an easy plug n' play. ***Do you have the part#

Last edited by Shoganai; 02-25-08 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-22-08 | 02:46 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

I got a new driver's seat because the housing was lose and a new rearview mirror for the TSIB vibrating issue.

Quick Reply: What I got new from Lexus for FREE