IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS 350 vs. Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 10:05 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by insider
Yeah it's pretty funny. When it comes to the 335i eveyone on here claims it's a drivers race But when it comes to the Mustang, it's not a dirvers race, the IS350 is faster
....trying to figure out what you're saying.

BTW, the mustang does do one thing that the IS just can not do: peel your face back and pin you to the seat. It's a rush unlike no other, and whether or not it's actually faster, it's a feeling that the IS can't provide.

Call it suspension characteristics, call it torque, call it whatever you want. It's still a fact.

oh, and that's not including the added feeling of being able to shift manually and have the top dropped.

Like I said in my first post, they're two completely different cars with two completely different purposes.

Last edited by mikes rx; 02-29-08 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-29-08, 10:10 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
BTW, the mustang does do one thing that the IS just can not do: peel your face back and pin you to the seat. It's a rush unlike no other, and whether or not it's actually faster, it's a feeling that the IS can't provide.
not anymore... IS-F
Old 02-29-08, 10:19 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That feeling is two things-

Torque

A live axle rear end launching
Old 02-29-08, 10:59 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the GT is stock, and an automatic the IS will win. The stock six speed with someone who drives will be close. Good luck. It will start the same, you'll come out ahead and he'll either catch up or fall behind.
Old 02-29-08, 11:00 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

And if you're in a stock mustang and got your face peeled back you must have a special one. Ha ha I have been in several and they aren't impressive until upgraded. They handle clumsy, drive is okay, but.. peel your face back? haha the 2001 SS Camaro does a better job. :P
Old 02-29-08, 11:42 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

haha you musy have rode in the GT500.. bc the mustang gt does not peel your face back.. my friend with the 07 gt and i took turns driving eacheothers.. and i was explaining to him how his car probably feels faster since the lexus is so smooth but when he drove it even he could admit my car felt faster.. and after many races could admit it actually was

Call it suspension characteristics, call it torque, call it whatever you want. It's still a fact.

oh, and that's not including the added feeling of being able to shift manually and have the top dropped.

Like I said in my first post, they're two completely different cars with two completely different purposes.
Old 02-29-08, 01:44 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

As i mentioned my friend has a mustang GT manual. PEEL your face back? LOL ive rode and driven his car before and i def dont feel like it PEELS my face back..LOL

drop top mustang? lol.i guess the mustang is alot cooler cause its droptop..lol.your right two completely different cars.
Old 02-29-08, 02:15 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Man you love the Mustang dont you lol
Old 02-29-08, 02:28 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by k_dizzle
As i mentioned my friend has a mustang GT manual. PEEL your face back? LOL ive rode and driven his car before and i def dont feel like it PEELS my face back..LOL

drop top mustang? lol.i guess the mustang is alot cooler cause its droptop..lol.your right two completely different cars.
It actually feels slow to me... then again most cars feel close to me after being in my cousin's s7... >.<
Old 02-29-08, 02:38 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the IS's are gonna be drop top, too. Not only that, it's gonna be hard top. W00t
Old 02-29-08, 02:44 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
And if you're in a stock mustang and got your face peeled back you must have a special one. Ha ha I have been in several and they aren't impressive until upgraded. They handle clumsy, drive is okay, but.. peel your face back? haha the 2001 SS Camaro does a better job. :P
Originally Posted by Lextasy89
haha you musy have rode in the GT500.. bc the mustang gt does not peel your face back.. my friend with the 07 gt and i took turns driving eacheothers.. and i was explaining to him how his car probably feels faster since the lexus is so smooth but when he drove it even he could admit my car felt faster.. and after many races could admit it actually was
Originally Posted by k_dizzle

First of all, driving a car is completely different than being the passenger. Next, engine wise mine's a mostly stock mustang, just Corsa exhaust and K&N filter. And yes, it peels your face back.

Also, there's a good difference in the 05 and up mustangs (shown below) vs. the 99-04 gens, and a HUGE difference b/w those and the 96-98 GT's, which were pretty much pigs.

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Man you love the Mustang dont you lol
Yes, the IS is an awesome car, but mustangs are a lifestyle thing. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the IS, but I also LOVE the mustang. I's just a different type of drive.....

BTW, I guess I might as well post a pic of it, so y'all don't think that I'm BS-ing. , and for reference with regard to what model GT we're all talkin about
Attached Thumbnails IS 350 vs. Mustang GT-2005-mustang-028.jpg  

Last edited by mikes rx; 02-29-08 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-29-08, 02:50 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

My freind has the one with the hood Scoop. Not a convertible thou.
Old 02-29-08, 02:52 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Roll bar looks pretty slick, mike. I like the latest iteration of the mustang better than any since the late 60's (looks-wise).
Old 02-29-08, 02:58 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
My freind has the one with the hood Scoop. Not a convertible thou.
If it's the same body style, then it's the latest gen. The hood scoop was an option for the newer years.

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Roll bar looks pretty slick, mike. I like the latest iteration of the mustang better than any since the late 60's (looks-wise).
Thanks.
Old 02-29-08, 02:59 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

I mean he just recently bought it.

Quick Reply: IS 350 vs. Mustang GT