IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ahh my windshield!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 04:58 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
I'm sorry...but insurance will not "replace" it for free, you'll have to pay deductable for that. They will only "repair" it for free. He ran into the same problem as I did. I too live in Texas...my rockchip was hidden just right under my wipers and it grew more and more through each drive no BS. I went aftermarket...it cost me 3 hundred something installed 1/2-1/3 cheaper than OEM windshield uninstalled. There are no leaks what so ever just the stupid DOT stamp on the passenger side. If you decide to go with OE, call up sewell Lexus they were 300 bucks cheaper than the stealership here in my town.
WRONG

Many insurance company waive the deductable for windshield replacement.
State Farm replaced mine at NO cost.
Old 03-03-08, 09:28 PM
prada_g
Rookie

Can anyone else confirm this? I just called up my insurance company (state farm) about a rock chip in my windshield on my 08' IS the size of a fly..they told me I would have to pay a $500 deductable ..
Old 03-03-08, 11:09 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

This is what I found from National Windshield Repair Association
Summary:

All glass-only claims occurring on or after January 1, 2006, in your state will be subject to the terms and provisions provided in the new State Farm® Car Policy, Endorsement 6127.

This means effective January 1, 2006 in your state, State Farm will pay for eligible policyholder windshield repairs only after the policyholder’s deductible has been met and the glass service provider has collected the deductible from our policyholder.

Details:

· This change originally was scheduled to become effective December 1, 2005, in Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Washington state. However, a temporary delay in the required system connectivity has caused the effective date to be moved to January 1, 2006. All other policy terms included in 6127 are effective on the date of policy renewal in those states.

· The language that is being eliminated under the Car Policy for windshield repair is: “If we offer to pay for repair of damaged windshield glass instead of replacement of the windshield and you agree to have such repair made, we will pay the full cost of repairing the windshield glass regardless of your deductible.”

· State Farm continues to value windshield repair as an option, as stated in the O&A Agreement.
I would assume some states, "State Farm" values more on repairs than replacement. Therefore on the policy they can specifically state that Window repair can be done after the deductible has been met....

I would look through your policy or call your agent and find out if thats the case. I don't have State Farm and I remember our insurance covered a full windshield replacement. They have to verify that the crack is in fact endangering the safety and/or blocking drivers view.

Good luck. ><