IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics of my car cleaned up on stock wheels with H&R spacers and Tein CS coilovers.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 06:05 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pics of my car cleaned up on stock wheels with H&R spacers and Tein CS coilovers.....

I am running 20mm H&R spacers in the rear and 15mm H&R up front. They work and fit beautifully. These are the best spacers ever. I am also running 255/40/18 and 225/40/18 Nitto Invos, these are inexpensive, but they ride great being smooth and quiet and they grip like glue. I would compare these with the Michelin PS2 with a less road feel. They are not on the same level but better than anything else I have tried except for the PS2s and that is a lot.
I may lower the front another 1/16 to 1/8 inch which equates to 1/2 to 1 full turn on the coilovers. It rides great and looks pretty smooth. I wish I could have used the Work Varianzas I just sold, but I am on a budget lately.

Sorry about the pics they were taken with my iPhone:

Side shot

Left Rear Corner

Another Side Shot

Rear Again

neighbors cool truck

and I must have forgotten to get some close ups of the front, but they are not quiet as flush as the rear to eliminate rubbing.
Old 03-01-08, 06:07 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN thats hott!! What % tint is that????
Old 03-01-08, 06:13 PM
Extreme437
Pole Position

Drop looks great with the spacers. Too bad about the T1S's. They are beautiful wheels that would have looked great on your car.

I'm curious, have you driven on PS2's before? I have, and I've also driven on BFG T/A KDW2 and Toyo T1R's. Ive gotta say, the PS2's are an amazing tire. The T1R's are great too but they don't grab right away but after they do, theyre very comparable. The KDW2's were awesome looking tires that were real grippy. I'm loving my current tire, the REO960 AS Pole Position tires, also very comparable to the PS2's
Old 03-01-08, 07:11 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your car looks great. the rims will be in good hands! will take some pics for you...when it warms up!!
Old 03-01-08, 07:28 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Yes I have used PS2s they are hands down the best street tire out there. I have also used BFG KDW a good tire as well. I have used the Goodyear F1s I think those suck. My Nittos cost a fraction of what all of those do and they a a damn good tire. They are very quiet and smooth and provide amazing dry traction. In the wet is wear they lack the slip and slide in the wet. But I live in the desert so I don't care.
Old 03-01-08, 07:29 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

It is in my signature but I am using 5% tint.
Old 03-01-08, 07:32 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sincityIS
It is in my signature but I am using 5% tint.
Oh i didnt notice. Damn dude that dark, havent you got pulled over for that???
Old 03-01-08, 07:56 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OMG in the 3rd pic you can some weirdo doing something obscene squatting by your car
Old 03-01-08, 07:57 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

wow very sharp. beautiful looking ride, smooth and looks like its sitting nice. i dont think the extra drop is necessary, but your call
Old 03-01-08, 08:03 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

NO in vegas they don't care. They have bigger things to worry about. However sometimes the bike cop "expletative, expletative, expletative" will give you a ticket if you are a smart *** to them. I have a Valentine 1 though so I seldom get pulled over.
Old 03-02-08, 11:04 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Very nice combination of coilovers and spacers! Setup is looking really tight with the low drop.
Are your calipers painted? They look so clean!
Old 03-02-08, 11:15 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

No they aren't painted, my car wash guy just cleans in there real well with the pressure washer when he does my car. Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could have fit 20mm spacers all around like you letz250, but the Nittos I got are fatter than the OEM tires so I have to run 15mm. In hindsight I probably should have gone with some Bridgestone Pole Positions, but I am quite happy with my new Nitto Invos, they are cheap, ride very very smooth, are very quiet, and grip very well.
Old 03-02-08, 11:20 AM
05LSV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sincityIS
No they aren't painted, my car wash guy just cleans in there real well with the pressure washer when he does my car. Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could have fit 20mm spacers all around like you letz250, but the Nittos I got are fatter than the OEM tires so I have to run 15mm. In hindsight I probably should have gone with some Bridgestone Pole Positions, but I am quite happy with my new Nitto Invos, they are cheap, ride very very smooth, are very quiet, and grip very well.
Do you think that if you still had the stock tires (or tire size) that you could have used 20mm up front? Just curious...

If you can get some pics of the front wheels that would be great!
Old 03-02-08, 12:00 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Yes. I still have a smidge of rub in the rear because these Nittos are just bigger than OEMs. Not all tires are the same size even if their numbers say they are. BFG and Nitto are notrious for being meatier with equal sizing specs.
Just ask Letz250 he has not problems with 20mm all around and he is lowered on stock tires.
Old 03-02-08, 12:04 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Night Rider.....

Quick Reply: Pics of my car cleaned up on stock wheels with H&R spacers and Tein CS coilovers.....