IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 VS. Hyundai genesis

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08 | 12:28 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
MY GOD! This thread is STILL going on???? COME ON people!
I think that the Genesis thread in Car Chat is up to 25 pages. If 1/2 as many people buy the car as post about it, it'll be a smash hit.
Old 03-05-08 | 01:09 PM
Smooth 1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly think there are going to be alot of disappointed buyers. People been driving Lexus's too long, forgot why they started driving them in the first place.
Old 03-05-08 | 01:10 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

[QUOTE=chb402;3327922]i don't own one, but a friend of mine has one of their product.

i got IS250[/QUOTE/]

Good for your friend! Still i dont get the angry comment but that is the beauty of CL freedom of speech but ill never buy a hyundai or even rent it but ill take it for free.

Last edited by CarlitosPR; 03-05-08 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-05-08 | 04:14 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

I think I'll perpetuate the thread some more.

Did anyone see my first post on this thread about the VW Phaeton? If you did then you'll understand this Hyundai thing and I think VW's have more prestige than a Hyundai.

Ok, now for all of the gentlemen here that think this Hyundai is going to be killer, when you get yours, break out the orbital buffer first thing when you get home.

It will be an attempt in futility, all you'll be doing is smearing dookie all over the car. Didn't you hear me about polishing a turd!?

Cheers,
Old Oiler
Old 03-05-08 | 04:16 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shouldn't even have to ask... You have a Lexus...

I'm not taking anything about from the Hyundai Genesis, however.. But unless he spends $40k plus, he's not getting anything special over what you have. The v8 fully loaded will cost over $40k. It's a sick car! But I wouldn't feel any remorse about buying a Lexus IS250 over it...

Originally Posted by dannygjatt
So this friend at work is looking to buy that new genesis when it comes out, it seems like you get everything fully loaded for about $30k. Anyway he is making fun of how i spent $12k more and got my IS250. he said the Lexicon stereo in the Genesis is better than the Mark Levinson. all the options in my IS250 are in the Genesis, rain sensing wipers, navi, heated/cool seats, rear camera, bluetooth, etc. what do you guys think??
Old 03-06-08 | 07:55 AM
Smooth 1
Driver

And I think if there has been any real amazing auto industry feats as of late, it would be the ISF being the M3 killer for 10K less!!! Now that is class leading innovation!
Old 03-06-08 | 08:11 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

has anyone here actually owned a hynudai in the last decade or so? my 2 good friends have them, As much as they were good deals(04'tiburon and 06 sonata) after the intital year the cars fell apart. i totally understand now why they offer their warranty! things broke off, paint faded, engine trouble, etc.....because that warranty gets used to no other end. Sure some ppl complain about rattles and other minor details but in the end our cars will last 30+ years over any hyundai that was released 10years ago to a car released in the next 10 years.
Old 03-06-08 | 09:59 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

I think I've come up with a good analogy to describe the irrational exuberance for the Hyundai Genesis.

It's as if a movie studio is putting out a movie starring Marlon Wayans. The PR department of the studio is telling people that his performance in the film will rival that of Daniel Day Lewis. They show clips of the film, and from the bits and pieces, it looks ok, though the scenes remind you of other successful movies that have already been released. The PR machine for this movie is so strong, that everybody already has him pegged as the front runner for the Best Actor Oscar. Nevermind that Marlon Wayans has never shown that he could act. Nevermind that not a single person outside the studio has seen the movie. Everybody is lining up already.... for Marlon Wayans!!!!

Me? I'll stick to my original notion of Marlon Wayans until I see something different. I'll wait for the movie to come out and see what the general reviews on it are. I'm sure they'll still take my money at that point, and I don't look potentially foolish getting orgasmic over a Hyun... I mean, Wayans movie.
Old 03-06-08 | 10:22 AM
chb402
Driver

Default .

i was not angry at any point in time regarding this thread post here

i just thought you were kinda proud of yourself owning a Lexus ISx50 just like most of others here and be one of us.

and you kinda sounded like you wish and think people kinda like me who stay in neutral in terms of comparing and judging things don't own Lexus vehicle(?).

i just don't get YOU kinda people. you sounded so silly on the first reply

if someone wants to seem like they are rich or got something loaded on them, they should make sure they don't have sh|t loaded on their brain too.

PS : Hyundai is growing continuously and Lexus is still way up there. So, who cares? it is your job to find out if you like Hyundai or not. Don't just put a comment that makes me think you are just a "jerk".

Originally Posted by CarlitosPR
Good for your friend! Still i dont get the angry comment but that is the beauty of CL freedom of speech but ill never buy a hyundai or even rent it but ill take it for free.

Last edited by chb402; 03-06-08 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-06-08 | 12:16 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fluxx
has anyone here actually owned a hynudai in the last decade or so? my 2 good friends have them, As much as they were good deals(04'tiburon and 06 sonata) after the intital year the cars fell apart. i totally understand now why they offer their warranty! things broke off, paint faded, engine trouble, etc.....because that warranty gets used to no other end. Sure some ppl complain about rattles and other minor details but in the end our cars will last 30+ years over any hyundai that was released 10years ago to a car released in the next 10 years.
Fo Sho! had a girly friend back in high school that drove a new 95 Elantra. The thing just completely fell apart/stopped working after 2 years.
No exaggeration here...LOL...(belts/hoses/engine), it went new from dealer to junk in 2 years.

Having said that (cough, cough), the Genesis looks to be a real challenger at the said price points. No way Hyundai just jumps in and competes with Lexus, BMW, MB...but better than Mazda, Ford, GM in this class...may be reality. KOREAN TECH ROCKS!
Old 03-06-08 | 01:00 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sirCharles
Fo Sho! had a girly friend back in high school that drove a new 95 Elantra. The thing just completely fell apart/stopped working after 2 years.
No exaggeration here...LOL...(belts/hoses/engine), it went new from dealer to junk in 2 years.

Having said that (cough, cough), the Genesis looks to be a real challenger at the said price points. No way Hyundai just jumps in and competes with Lexus, BMW, MB...but better than Mazda, Ford, GM in this class...may be reality. KOREAN TECH ROCKS!
And 13 years ago, you wouldn't dare say that any Caddy was in the same class as a BMW or MB. The point that many here are trying to make is that Hyundai builds a much better car than they did in that era...
Old 03-06-08 | 04:26 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by chb402
i was not angry at any point in time regarding this thread post here

i just thought you were kinda proud of yourself owning a Lexus ISx50 just like most of others here and be one of us.

and you kinda sounded like you wish and think people kinda like me who stay in neutral in terms of comparing and judging things don't own Lexus vehicle(?).

i just don't get YOU kinda people. you sounded so silly on the first reply

if someone wants to seem like they are rich or got something loaded on them, they should make sure they don't have sh|t loaded on their brain too.

PS : Hyundai is growing continuously and Lexus is still way up there. So, who cares? it is your job to find out if you like Hyundai or not. Don't just put a comment that makes me think you are just a "jerk".
You kinda people! I believe that you are what you are and not what you drive! everyone have the right to like or dislike whatever and whenever but really i dont care.... Still dont understand your first coment
Originally Posted by chb402
drive what you deserve then but don't be a pie*e of sh|t. that is all you gotta do on your side and my side too.
I have always drives what i want and when i want, but my comment was a joke if you take it otherwise you didnt get the (JK) Just Kiding.

I will never buy one, havent drive one and dont give a f@ck about hyundai, So if you still havent understand that its a blahhh car for me. Buy me one ill accepted; it will make a nice BBQ in the backyard.
Old 03-06-08 | 04:52 PM
Smooth 1
Driver

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I think I've come up with a good analogy to describe the irrational exuberance for the Hyundai Genesis.

It's as if a movie studio is putting out a movie starring Marlon Wayans. The PR department of the studio is telling people that his performance in the film will rival that of Daniel Day Lewis. They show clips of the film, and from the bits and pieces, it looks ok, though the scenes remind you of other successful movies that have already been released. The PR machine for this movie is so strong, that everybody already has him pegged as the front runner for the Best Actor Oscar. Nevermind that Marlon Wayans has never shown that he could act. Nevermind that not a single person outside the studio has seen the movie. Everybody is lining up already.... for Marlon Wayans!!!!

Me? I'll stick to my original notion of Marlon Wayans until I see something different. I'll wait for the movie to come out and see what the general reviews on it are. I'm sure they'll still take my money at that point, and I don't look potentially foolish getting orgasmic over a Hyun... I mean, Wayans movie.

I really agree with this analogy. Reminds me of the movie the Da Vinci Code. Great promos, big stars, HUGE let down!!!
Old 03-06-08 | 08:54 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there was a God this thread would end.
Old 03-06-08 | 10:44 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
If there was a God this thread would end.
Why would you want it to end? Its a good debate about seemingly good cars. I think it is great talking about all kinds of cars. Cars are fun.

Quick Reply: IS250 VS. Hyundai genesis