changed mine on IS250 lease and went with G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 01:39 PM
ricois300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
I must second that the interior has come a long way on Infiniti G35-37
the plastics are still a little second rate compared to Lexus but the overall interior looks much better.

My issue is the build quality, and Im not just speaking from hear-say. I acutally owned one for 3 years before I sold it with only 14K on it- mainly because I knew it would not be like my ES300 which still rides lovly even with 104K on her...with little issues over the 8 years I've had it.
I also know over 50 G35 coupe and sedan owners who complained and had multiple issues very common with the car in like the first 5000 miles of it.

From Trannies - to window motors...its just not like when nissan built cars well--memories

but if you dont mind going to the service dept more than I think you should (14Kmi x 10 service visits for different crap) hey ..its a blast to drive no doubt!
There's no doubt that Infiniti is not equal to Lexus yet, but like with any brand, they are improving every update. That was the only reason I went to Infiniti for the FX. I wasn't crazy about the first gen G.
But now, the M is very solid and reliable, my FX45 was solid and a performer. My G35 that I just turned in after 3 years had no warranty issues the whole time I had it, just regular maintenance. The new G37 is brand new, so I'm hoping the problems the early G's had will be gone from the new design.
My IS and GS400 had no problems, but my first GS300 had some bugs that cost a few bucks out of warranty.
Old 03-03-08, 01:41 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

wow the lease is not bad compared to the is. I orginally was going to purchase a g37, but the quality of the interior and limited trunk space turned me away. But the g does have power i test drove the g37s.
Old 03-03-08, 01:46 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked the G37 and G35. I have heard owners having problems, but my co-workers wife owns one and hasnt had any problems. She bought her before i bought my 250. I have been told that oem replacement parts are very expensive.

G37 or G35 coupes arent really good sellers. Never had been, the local dealer here still has some 2007 on the lot. I would proabaly get a 3 series coupe.
Old 03-03-08, 02:09 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Wow!!! Getting a great deal for a nice car. Was thinking of the IS350 and G37 at the time, but then realized I needed a 4 door car. I had enough with 2 doors for now since I had a VW GTI. Plus I kinda hated going out of the car just to let the person in the back out. But hopefully all goes well with the G37. Seems like a pretty fast car and a good looking one too, I must add.
Old 03-03-08, 02:27 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Missed G37 by 6 months or so (my old Accord didn't last past december 2006). My dad has a 1st gen G35 sedan so I passed on the sedan. Still lovin my IS250 especially with the scary gas prices looming.

Awesome car - enjoy it.
Old 03-03-08, 03:57 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

i wanted infinity before when i was car shopping changed my mine when i sat in a lexus first then went to infinity dealership sat in a G and went to lexus to pick up my new baby lol...Never gave the g a second look because of the interior.
Old 03-03-08, 07:57 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I test drove an 06 infiniti before I purchased the Lexus... was trying to hold out for the new G37 but the wait was longer than I expected. I'm happy w/ my Lexus and I'm glad I didn't wait... GL w/ your new ride... I hope everything works out for you too
Old 03-03-08, 11:16 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by moolman
The [local] dealer is not obligated to take it back because they didn't sell the car but 99.9% of them will because they get first crack at the car to make it a CPO.... Many times dealers have to go to auction to find a used car but if someone brings it in, they get to see it first and if they don't like it, they put it on auction.
After checking out the new stock at a Lexus dealer, I drove around the building on my way out and spotted a couple of red cars, an IS and ES in the back. They were lease vehicles turned in, and the stickers said they were headed to auction and they had a toll-free national number on that sticker. The dealer was not allowed to sell them -- they had to go to auction.

When I test-drove the Infiniti G35, I thought the ride was bumpy, and I did not want to by a luxury car with that ride. It was the stock suspension. I also did not care for the exterior design, the headlights, or the analog clock. What's up with that now? The exterior was too muscular. The interior was a little too much cockpit-looking for my tastes. I was looking for something more upscale conservative. When approach my IS from the front, I think "crouching tiger."
Old 03-04-08, 05:38 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Why aren't the G37s selling?
One of the reasons is the G37 is not any faster then the G35. More power and more weight! Also when the G37 came out the Stealers thought they had GT-Rs and would not sell them for less then retail.

Koz
Old 03-04-08, 06:25 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

should have got the 250!
Lexus (nuff said),
gas prices moving forward and even now,
wealth of 250 info on this forum,
I really can go on.

G37
Power,
uhhh 37 not 35,
uhh I think i can flame on IS350 ,
uhh...price aside no way over Lexus.

To be a hotshot, G37 go for it. To be practical and respected 250.
Old 03-04-08, 06:56 AM
SikTT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sirCharles
should have got the 250!
Lexus (nuff said),
gas prices moving forward and even now,
wealth of 250 info on this forum,
I really can go on.

G37
Power,
uhhh 37 not 35,
uhh I think i can flame on IS350 ,
uhh...price aside no way over Lexus.

To be a hotshot, G37 go for it. To be practical and respected 250.
RESPECTED???

Should of stopped at practical.
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SikTT
RESPECTED???

Should of stopped at practical.
Lexus, nuff said!
Old 03-04-08, 08:16 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

As in a past post I am in a position to compare both because I own both a G37 and IS250 (The IS is really my wife’s but I often drive it.) Putting aside the power issue where the G37 wins hands down, both cars have excellent build quality. My G37 is six months old now and performs perfectly.

The real difference, as I now see it, is the G37 has advanced features that are not yet available in IS’s, items like the 9.3GB hard drive where you can load over 300 CD’s, a better nav system that includes XM traffic alerts (albeit I pay extra), backup camera with extra graphics and a voice recognition system that allow easy and quick destination inputs while driving.
Old 03-04-08, 10:00 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Magellan
As in a past post I am in a position to compare both because I own both a G37 and IS250 (The IS is really my wife’s but I often drive it.) Putting aside the power issue where the G37 wins hands down, both cars have excellent build quality. My G37 is six months old now and performs perfectly.

The real difference, as I now see it, is the G37 has advanced features that are not yet available in IS’s, items like the 9.3GB hard drive where you can load over 300 CD’s, a better nav system that includes XM traffic alerts (albeit I pay extra), backup camera with extra graphics and a voice recognition system that allow easy and quick destination inputs while driving.
Good to know that someone builds a voice recognition system that works...hopefully Lexus will step up their game on the next iteration.
Old 03-04-08, 10:04 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

good choice going with the G37. The IS250 is underpowered and you'll just complain about it.

Quick Reply: changed mine on IS250 lease and went with G37