IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Lexus Dealer Rant time

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08 | 03:08 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

SHOW SIGNED DOCUMENTATION.

If both you AND the dealer agreed to the final sales price, then nothing can me done.

Contracts are final...
Old 03-04-08 | 03:18 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

If you already have title then they can't do anything. At worst assuming it was the case you had to return the car because there was no contract, they wouldn't want it back because it will be used if they try to sell it again since it was already titled once. You don't have to give them a penny if you don't want to.

A bit off topic... I bought a new car 10 years ago from Capitol Toyota in San Jose, CA with one of those special 0% financing deals but a couple weeks later some finance guy from the dealer called me saying some BS like the financing fell through and that they could do the loan but at 4% not 0%.
Knowing they didn't want the car back after I took delivery and had title I told them to take the car back and refund my money down payment. He of course didn't want to do that and somehow magically the 0% financing went through. I later read that this was an old trick dealers do sometimes with the financing and many people fall for it.

You could offer to give the car back. I'm sure they don't want it unless selling the car used is more than what you paid for it.
Old 03-04-08 | 03:21 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-MIKE
If you already have title then they can't do anything. At worst assuming it was the case you had to return the car because there was no contract, they wouldn't want it back because it will be used if they try to sell it again since it was already titled once. You don't have to give them a penny if you don't want to.

A bit off topic... I bought a new car 10 years ago from Capitol Toyota in San Jose, CA with one of those special 0% financing deals but a couple weeks later some finance guy from the dealer called me saying some BS like the financing fell through and that they could do the loan but at 4% not 0%.
Knowing they didn't want the car back after I took delivery and had title I told them to take the car back and refund my money down payment. He of course didn't want to do that and somehow magically the 0% financing went through. I later read that this was an old trick dealers do sometimes with the financing and many people fall for it.

You could offer to give the car back. I'm sure they don't want it unless selling the car used is more than what you paid for it.

off topic but ive been to capital toyota and those sales guys on the floor shouldnt even get sales... I wasnt surprised at all when i read your problem you had with them..
Old 03-04-08 | 03:23 PM
08mica
Pole Position

I forwarded the email to my sister. She is following up with the internal rep.

They wont get $0.01 from me. I just can't believe the nerve to try and get it. When He called me I told him I was on my way out of town and would take care of it when I got back. He asked me to pay over the phone by credit card. then he offered to have someone meet me at the airport before I left to pick up a check.
Seems like someone is really sweating this. hahahahahah
Old 03-04-08 | 03:31 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 08mica
I forwarded the email to my sister. She is following up with the internal rep.

They wont get $0.01 from me. I just can't believe the nerve to try and get it. When He called me I told him I was on my way out of town and would take care of it when I got back. He asked me to pay over the phone by credit card. then he offered to have someone meet me at the airport before I left to pick up a check.
Seems like someone is really sweating this. hahahahahah

That is not cool on his part. Hopefully something is done about this. A Lexus customer should not have to deal with something like that.
Old 03-04-08 | 03:32 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Hahaha!!! Never heard of this. But the contract should state what the price of the car is. And once signed there is nothing they can do about it because its like saying the dealer agreed with the terms and so did you by signing it. That e-mail is just making them sound soooooo poor right now because they want to ask you for $916 that "THEY" owe to the factory and have you pay for it. LoL!!!
Old 03-04-08 | 03:35 PM
08mica
Pole Position

I'm Sticking it to the dealer!!!!!!!!!

This one is for everyone who has taken one from them.

Us 1, dealer 3479837409850
Old 03-04-08 | 06:08 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Agree that you owe them nothing, but ignore the advice of others here who suggest you start a verbal war on the dealership. That gets you nothing and just makes an enemy of the dealer. Send a reply by registered mail to the GM that you have signed the contract, have received the title, and that you consider the matter closed. That should end it. You don't want to escalate it to where their lawyers get involved. You may be in the right but it'll cost you to fight it if the lawyers start writing you love notes. Try to avoid it going that far. Sounds like Ralph got himself in a jam with his management for goofing up the pricing and is trying to get you to cough up the money. Just because the dealer is coming across as unprofessional doesn't mean you have to. Keep it civil.
The dealer is NOT going to engage lawyers because you send them a nasty-gram. And they are NOT going to engage a lawyer for $900--it would cost them that much to send a few letters. I have to disagree with this^^^. I think you let the GM know you are pissed off, and they have lost you as a return customer (for service too), and there's no way in hell you will ever recommend them to friends, and you will steer people away from them, and this is the type of behavior you expect from Lou's Used Car Lot. Unless you are going back to them for service (jeez--I hope not), who cares is you p1ss them off??
Old 03-04-08 | 07:28 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tex2670
The dealer is NOT going to engage lawyers because you send them a nasty-gram. And they are NOT going to engage a lawyer for $900--it would cost them that much to send a few letters. I have to disagree with this^^^. I think you let the GM know you are pissed off, and they have lost you as a return customer (for service too), and there's no way in hell you will ever recommend them to friends, and you will steer people away from them, and this is the type of behavior you expect from Lou's Used Car Lot. Unless you are going back to them for service (jeez--I hope not), who cares is you p1ss them off??
I agree that the lawyers aren't going to get involved, but we don't know just where this pressure is coming from; Ralph, the Owner, someone else in Lexus?? Everybody is so macho and righteous these days, and wants to get a dig in to the offending party. Seems everybody thinks they have some sort of 'right' to act like an a**. Rise above it, tell them you aren't paying, and move on. But at least be civil about it. We all have had these situations in life, but acting calm and methodical almost always wins over the goof ball who makes a scene, threatens, and acts like a spoiled 12 year old. It doesn't usually work, and makes you look like an idiot.
Old 03-04-08 | 09:58 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

How much you get the car for?
Old 03-05-08 | 01:08 AM
hihi410
Lead Lap

I would wait and see if this will put your sister in any sort of complication.

But as others have replied, a signed contract with a price was sold "as is" and because they made a mistake, they should not and cannot penalize you for their mistake.

This is ridiculous from any dealership, especially from Lexus. They always try to achieve highest level of service; going after you for the difference is definitely not the right way to accomplish that goal.
Old 03-05-08 | 03:52 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

That's why I suggested he send the reply to the General Manager of the dealership, and not directly to Ralph.
Good point although the directive could have come from the GM. I got such a good deal on my car that when it hit the GM's desk he had the sales rep try to talk me out of the deal. They still honored the price, but there was some attempted re-negotiations... but it does need to be escalated to higher authority in a professional manner
Old 03-05-08 | 04:22 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

I agree that the lawyers aren't going to get involved, but we don't know just where this pressure is coming from; Ralph, the Owner, someone else in Lexus?? Everybody is so macho and righteous these days, and wants to get a dig in to the offending party. Seems everybody thinks they have some sort of 'right' to act like an a**. Rise above it, tell them you aren't paying, and move on. But at least be civil about it. We all have had these situations in life, but acting calm and methodical almost always wins over the goof ball who makes a scene, threatens, and acts like a spoiled 12 year old. It doesn't usually work, and makes you look like an idiot.
Agreed--always must remain calm. But, you can convey the message that you are disgusted with their behavior very calmly, and very civily. I just think it's a must to make sure you let them know they have lost a customer, and any chance for referral in the future.
Old 03-05-08 | 04:39 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

I think you should call Lexus Customer Service and inform them of what this dealer is doing, I think they would really like to know. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-05-08 | 04:55 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

LMAO...!

You ...1 !
Dealers...1,145,907.

Stand your ground. Maybe the "shady dealers" can step into the year 2008 and make the paper work a bit clearer to avoid him losing anymore cash...
When your inside a modern car, it can tell you if there is traffic ahead, but these lame *** sales reps still use pen and paper to strike deals...
(And like always if you are a reputable, hardworking sales rep., don't take offense.)
I'm not speaking about you.

Tell him to Kiss your ars.

Quick Reply: Stupid Lexus Dealer Rant time