IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: 2gen IS Buil Quality ?
2.02%
2.53%
15.15%
44.44%
35.86%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 12:30 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
I never said RSXs were rattle-less, perhaps you should read my post more closely.

I would never make a claim like that because I haven't owned all of them.
woops, sorry man that was my bad. i was tired and couldnt read right
Old 03-08-08, 02:58 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

I'd give it a 3 overall.

The amount of rattles are unacceptable. Past that, there are some fit and finish details that left little to be desired.
Old 03-08-08, 03:17 PM
D&G
Pole Position

I brought in my IS350 to have LEXUS fix the rattles. So they took it for a test drive and return back and said no rattles were located and everything looked fine. I was like...."It does rattle". They said to bring it back if it rattles again. I was like WTF!! I felt like I was brushed off and we have more important things to deal with than your rattles. I was very pissed off at that moment. I think I am going to another dealer to have them look into it. That is the last time I am buying a car there or referring to any friends and family there.

Dam you LEXUS..what ever happen to great customer service and the client is always right.
Old 03-08-08, 04:22 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 313 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by D&G
.............what ever happen to great customer service and the client is always right.
Back in the early 90s when LEXUS were hungry and trying to establish themselves against MB and BMW, this was their philosophy. Today, now that they are established, hopefully they won't continue to go the way of Mercedes Benz. That would be sad!
Old 03-09-08, 12:56 AM
maz
Lead Lap

I gave it a 4 because the dash rattles. Gonna call up the dealer soon to fix that and do the brake tsib.
Old 03-09-08, 08:49 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

hm... complaints of rattles.. Just bump the music and you won't hear any I've never had any rattles in my car *knock on wood* except this one time where I had hecka stuff in my trunk and the weak stock sub was shakin it up.
Old 03-09-08, 01:19 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compared to my 1998 GS400 this IS250 AWD is build like a KIA.
Old 03-09-08, 05:24 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D&G
I brought in my IS350 to have LEXUS fix the rattles. So they took it for a test drive and return back and said no rattles were located and everything looked fine. I was like...."It does rattle". They said to bring it back if it rattles again. I was like WTF!! I felt like I was brushed off and we have more important things to deal with than your rattles. I was very pissed off at that moment. I think I am going to another dealer to have them look into it. That is the last time I am buying a car there or referring to any friends and family there.

Dam you LEXUS..what ever happen to great customer service and the client is always right.
I can't believe your dealer brushed you off like this when the same design flaw is evident in about every ISX50. Yes, definitely go to another dealer. My buddies 350 has the same rattle issue. He is taking it in for the TSIB I had done. It is the only way to stop the rattles is the noise kit designed by Toyota in response to the complaints and their understanding that it is a design flaw. I hope you are able to obtain better service at another dealer.
Old 03-09-08, 11:18 PM
.IS250
Driver School Candidate

So far so good!
Old 03-10-08, 07:41 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Big *****
The injectors sound like a deisel truck.
Maybe you should have done your homework first. On the sounds direct injectors make
Old 03-10-08, 10:06 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like things are getting built cheaper and cheaper and cheaper........My 03 Corolla never had the kind of noise my IS is giving me. And I'm not talking about the injectors either. Just the slight rattles I keep hearing and the ticks coming from the rear somewhere. Don't know from where as I checked everything. Strange...I know already my next vehicle won't be a Lexus for sure. I'm going up to the BMW or Mercedes. Never owned one of those before so we'll see about that.

But the diesel sound in the IS is due to the fuel injection systems of our cars. I told the dealer about this to confirm. A lot of other customers complained about it too so I'm sure Lexus may change this when a new gen IS comes out soon.
Old 03-10-08, 03:53 PM
D&G
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Seems like things are getting built cheaper and cheaper and cheaper........My 03 Corolla never had the kind of noise my IS is giving me. And I'm not talking about the injectors either. Just the slight rattles I keep hearing and the ticks coming from the rear somewhere. Don't know from where as I checked everything. Strange...I know already my next vehicle won't be a Lexus for sure. I'm going up to the BMW or Mercedes. Never owned one of those before so we'll see about that.

But the diesel sound in the IS is due to the fuel injection systems of our cars. I told the dealer about this to confirm. A lot of other customers complained about it too so I'm sure Lexus may change this when a new gen IS comes out soon.

That is my thoughts too. After the crappy service I recieved from Lexus, I don't think I will buy another one. I might keep this car for one more year and trade it in for either a Bmw 335i/Mercedez C350/Audi A4/or the new Acura TL.
Old 03-11-08, 05:00 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D&G
That is my thoughts too. After the crappy service I recieved from Lexus, I don't think I will buy another one. I might keep this car for one more year and trade it in for either a Bmw 335i/Mercedez C350/Audi A4/or the new Acura TL.
Not sure about the crappy service elsewhere ?
IMO Lexus has very professional service.
There may be isolated cases, but let's not exaggerate.
Old 03-11-08, 05:05 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonnyIs350
Maybe you should have done your homework first. On the sounds direct injectors make

KMA!
There are thousands of cars with cleaner, more powerful engines, with no where near the ticking time bomb sound...
In fact if Lexus used the average amount of sound deading material the tic would be even more noticable.
...but I guess I should do some more homework...
Old 06-23-08, 04:37 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brian231
I gave a 4 as well because I am dissapointed that Lexus did not rectify the dash issues for 2007 and 2008. Furthermore, everyone seems to have issues with the external rubber trim, headliner squeeks and brake dust. My TSIB pads should have been standard equipment on the 2007. They are so much better at reducing dust and also, the brakeing efficiency was not sacrificed. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but for $35+, these issues should not be evident.
lol

If you think the rattles and squeaks were bad on our $35k car, you've obviously never been in the 1st gen G35

Quick Reply: Build Quality