IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

song title and track names don't show

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 01:19 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
It is possible that the cd you are using either allows the "track recognition" or not. Maybe something to do with the composition of the plastic and the coating that stores the binary code. I don't think you have a processor issue in your head-unit, but you may want to ask the dealer anyway. I would first take two burnt cds with two different manufacturers and try them sepreately to potentially test this theory.
Well that theory would make it either NEVER show or ALWAYS show...what about my audio CD discs that ONLY show song and title info AFTER an MP3 disc is played? Its probably something in the Lexus firmware that only allows it to read SOME track ID codes....but after getting those codes, its "tricked" into accepting other ID codes that are similar but not quite the same....
Old 03-07-08, 02:09 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
Well that theory would make it either NEVER show or ALWAYS show...what about my audio CD discs that ONLY show song and title info AFTER an MP3 disc is played? Its probably something in the Lexus firmware that only allows it to read SOME track ID codes....but after getting those codes, its "tricked" into accepting other ID codes that are similar but not quite the same....
If thats the case, it is grounds for Lexus replacement. Let the service manager know you are disturbed by this fact and cannot sleep over it. You find yourself aimlessly wandering around your house at night searching for that viable explanation only reaching dead ends. Sounds like an X-File to me. Get a hold of Scully and Muder (LOL)!!! Actually, I would ask the delaer to help you out with this as many people you know do not have this issue.
Old 03-07-08, 02:40 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
If thats the case, it is grounds for Lexus replacement. Let the service manager know you are disturbed by this fact and cannot sleep over it. You find yourself aimlessly wandering around your house at night searching for that viable explanation only reaching dead ends. Sounds like an X-File to me. Get a hold of Scully and Muder (LOL)!!! Actually, I would ask the delaer to help you out with this as many people you know do not have this issue.
I am just wondering if its normal for the Lexus ML Nav system or mine is doing crazy things...I guess I could always try another one of their cars....
Old 03-07-08, 02:43 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
I am just wondering if its normal for the Lexus ML Nav system or mine is doing crazy things...I guess I could always try another one of their cars....
Sounds like it may be a potential error in your headunit. Don't feel bad, I went thoguh 2 under warrenty on my gen 1.