IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fairmont Hotel Free Upgrade To Lexus Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 12:13 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fairmont Hotel Free Upgrade To Lexus Owners

I received this in an email. It is for all Lexus owners. May help some people planning on taking a trip soon. Not a bad perk.

When you own a Lexus, your exceptional travel experience doesn’t end when you step out of your car. Fairmont Hotels are offering all Lexus Owners their special Winter Upgrade Rate, which entitles you to a complimentary upgrade at more than 40 of their spectacular hotels worldwide.

Whether your winter travel plans include the sun, the slopes or a city adventure, you’ll be upgraded to the next room category when you make your reservation. This offer is available from now until April 15, 2008. Just call 1-888-747-4504 or click here to get in on this winter’s hottest deal.
Old 03-07-08, 12:19 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!
Old 03-07-08, 12:37 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Fairmont Hotels are typically very expensive, but for those who travel on business, it might be a convincing write off to the boss.
Old 03-07-08, 12:42 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Hey I have to travel all the time in Cali on business, but I usually fly via express jet. Wonder if they actually need to see your car for the deal to go down?
Old 03-07-08, 12:55 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Fairmont Hotel - gonna cost you an arm and a leg......
Old 03-07-08, 02:12 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
Hey I have to travel all the time in Cali on business, but I usually fly via express jet. Wonder if they actually need to see your car for the deal to go down?
Take a picture of you "High Fiving" the rear view mirror and I am sure they will provide the red carpet treatment.
Old 03-07-08, 02:53 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been considering going to Whistler, BC on a snowboard trip. Im going to have to look into this offer a little closer.
Old 03-07-08, 03:08 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Little E
I got the email too. Reservations are done either by phone or online and the email doesn't say anything on how to prove that you're actually a Lexus owner.
Old 03-07-08, 03:19 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Most Fairmont rooms run in the $300 - $500 range for the basic room, so you aren't likely to stay in a Fairmont just to get a free upgrade. And frankly, I don't think most of the mob on the IS site are Fairmont material because most are so focussed on what something costs. This is more of a Motel 6 bunch, imo. I think this offer is really more for the LS, and possibly GS, crowd.

My wife and I stayed in the Banff Springs Fairmont last August for four days. We ate at the Banffshire restaurant at the hotel and as we perused the menu they rolled the champagne cart to our table and asked if we would like a glass of champagne. My wife and I each got a glass of Salmon Billecart Rose Champagne. A very nice selection, but each glass cost Cad$60. The overall experience at the restaurant was first rate, but the total bill at the end of the night was Cad$600. Pack plenty of money when staying at a Fairmont. You get quality, but it doesn't come cheap. That's why they are targetting Lexus owners .... they have money.

Last edited by Evitzee; 03-07-08 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 03:22 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickin8
Fairmont Hotel - gonna cost you an arm and a leg......
haha no doubt. one of the most expensive hotels in the bay
Old 03-07-08, 03:28 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Most Fairmont rooms run in the $300 - $500 range for the basic room, so you aren't likely to stay in a Fairmont just to get a free upgrade. And frankly, I don't think most of the mob on the IS site are Fairmont material because most are so focussed on what something costs. This is more of a Motel 6 bunch, imo. I think this offer is really more for the LS, and possibly GS, crowd.
Well SOME of us have a Lexus IS as a 2nd or 3rd car. Just because I can AFFORD a more expensive car doesnt mean I wanna ride in a car that NOT as fun to drive as the IS. The GS is nice, but doesnt handle as well and has less power via a DETUNED IS engine, and the LS, well its nice, but if I need something THAT plush, I got the Rover.......and I have stayed at the Fairmont..my wife and I were looking at those offers online. They have offers like that on most high end cars. Range Rover owners get a ton of perks as well...My wife prefers the Four Seasons to the Fairmont....
Old 03-07-08, 03:35 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

My wife and I stayed in the Banff Springs Fairmont last August for four days. We ate at the Banffshire restaurant at the hotel and as we perused the menu they rolled the champagne cart to our table and asked if we would like a glass of champagne. My wife and I each got a glass of Salmon Billecart Rose Champagne. A very nice selection, but each glass cost Cad$60. The overall experience at the restaurant was first rate, but the total bill at the end of the night was Cad$600. Pack plenty of money when staying at a Fairmont. You get quality, but it doesn't come cheap. That's why they are targetting Lexus owners .... they have money.
Alot of us are young (under 22 or so) and paid for the car in cash and as the previous person said have 2nd cars or 3rd cars (well i am not in this category yet until the end of this year)... I myself would never spend a night in a motel lmao... that would be in my opinion as bad as sleeping in a garbage can... I am only 19 and ive spent many nights at resorts and hotels from 500-900 a night... and buy my clothing from Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth and eat out all the time... and im sure many of the other young people here do too..

Last edited by inxexisten; 03-07-08 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 03:43 PM
LexFather

Any other blanket statements and forum insults you would like the hurl today?

Of course the IS will have for the most part people who's income is less than the GS or LS. That is why its entry level luxury. That does not mean there are not those that can afford a LS or whatever, hell a Ferrari here. Maybe they made a decision to buy the IS for whatever reason.

Saying this is a motel 6 crowd can/will incite flames. Please don't do that here.
Old 03-07-08, 03:45 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by inxexisten
Alot of us are young (under 22 or so) and paid for the car in cash and as the previous person said have 2nd cars or 3rd cars (well i am not in this category yet until the end of this year)... I myself would never spend a night in a motel lmao... that would be in my opinion as bad as sleeping in a garbage can... I am only 19 and ive spent many nights at resorts and hotels from 500-900 a night... and buy my clothing from Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth and eat out all the time... and im sure many of the other young people here do too..
4-9 bills a night, time to upgrade your car my friend, get a prosche haha jk
ya us young kids know how to enjoy life, but some are more fortunate then others to be spoiled, which i wish i could be haha, hardwork results in pride, dignity and something to show for.
Old 03-07-08, 03:58 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Um..Motel 6? I think not! Fairmont is awesome! I rather spend a few bucks and have a pleasant experience vs. staying at some roach motel. In Vegas, it's all about staying at the Wynn.

BTW, I bought an IS because it's cute and sporty...not because it was the cheapest Lexus model.

Quick Reply: Fairmont Hotel Free Upgrade To Lexus Owners