IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

So I get rear ended by a drunk chick last week.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 06:44 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
How long do I have before I have to notify the insurance company about the accident?
before you created this thread... lucky your ok
Old 03-07-08, 10:05 PM
5h4n3
Rookie

Back during my college years in AZ, my beemer was hit at the right side by some old lady driving a mazda miata when i was making a right turn from the middle lane. She was at fault.

Anyway, I went through the procedures immediately and throughout the process her insurance company gave me hell - such as only willing to pay 2 weeks of car rental when bmw stated they need 3 weeks and also only willing to pay 2/3 of the total cost that bmw quoted. They tried to bully me. I went to my school and have a in-school lawyer write up a litigation claim FOC. Next thing I know, a few days later the same insurance lady who was a total ***** to me over the phone, called me up and was super nice to me and they agreed to pay everything in full.. Haha.

So yea, if the insurance company gives u hell.. you know what to do.
Old 03-07-08, 11:24 PM
Yiujai86
Rookie

I thought the number on the back of the insurance card was 24/7.
Old 03-07-08, 11:56 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yiujai86
I thought the number on the back of the insurance card was 24/7.
hm yes it is
Old 03-08-08, 05:02 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S54toIS350

Well, my rear bumper needs to be replaced. Surprisingly, only damage sustained was costmetics.
Hopefully that's all it is. A friend of mine got backed into by an Expedtion while he was pumping gas. Since most bumpers nowadays are made of some sort of plastic material, it flexes back quite a bit. Anyway, the bumper got slightly misaligned and scratched and the driver of the Expedition gave my friend $300. At first he thought, WOW that's a lot of money for this amount of damage. Once the car got to the body shop, it turns out that the truck did a lot more damage than he thought, but since the bumper flexed back out he didn't immediately see the damage. Apparently the guy backed into it so hard that he bent some of the bumper supports and ended up doing about about $900 in damage.
Old 03-08-08, 07:34 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by combfilter
actually if you wanted to be a total turd (basically like the rest of america) you could really get a boat load of $$$$$ out of her ins. company. She was DUI and hit you, there is nothing they can argue about there. The DUI makes it even worse. I would make sure you they replace everything including and cover your rental.

since you waited more than a week it doesn't look good on your part at all. No matter how busy you are you can call at your lunch time. No excuse. I work crazy weeks too and I would have managed. That's laziness on your part, but now I just sounding like a jerk.

Glad you are ok, and sorry about your car.
I was in the same situation. Some dude in a van backed into me when I was following him into my apartments parking lot about 10 years ago. Have no idea why the guy decided to stop in the middle of the road but he did and backed right into me. The guy tried to actually take off but he was on a dead end area and didn’t know it so I blocked his way. Walked 100 feet to my apt and called the cops. Guy was drunk off his arss, stumbled out of his car. I was so pissed. The coppers showed up and I knew one of them

He started giving the guy a DUI test and I asked him if I could recorded it and he said "sure". So I grabbed my camcorder and recorded the whole DUI test. They hauled his arss off and towed his van.

Turns out he was like a bum, had no address and no insurance. My insurance had to pay it all along with me and my $500 gone.

But the video.. priceless
Old 03-08-08, 08:59 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

You should call the insrance company asap.

Is your car driveable? Good thing you weren't hurt.
Old 03-08-08, 09:53 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5h4n3
Back during my college years in AZ, my beemer was hit at the right side by some old lady driving a mazda miata when i was making a right turn from the middle lane. She was at fault.

Anyway, I went through the procedures immediately and throughout the process her insurance company gave me hell - such as only willing to pay 2 weeks of car rental when bmw stated they need 3 weeks and also only willing to pay 2/3 of the total cost that bmw quoted. They tried to bully me. I went to my school and have a in-school lawyer write up a litigation claim FOC. Next thing I know, a few days later the same insurance lady who was a total ***** to me over the phone, called me up and was super nice to me and they agreed to pay everything in full.. Haha.

So yea, if the insurance company gives u hell.. you know what to do.
Typical insurance action trying to reduce costs and negotiate lower rates at your expense. They are in business to protect their assets and not give away the farm, but I am glad you were able to get this resolved to your advantage. After all, it was not your fault. Those lesser known insurance companies have a tendency to play massive hardball. State Farm and Allstate are typically great at settling fast.
Old 03-08-08, 10:01 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

did u take her home with you???
Old 03-08-08, 10:12 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReLexin
did u take her home with you???
Can you imagine the wedding advertisement heading in the local paper, "Man serendipitously Finds True Love After Minor Drunken Rear Ending?"
Old 03-20-08, 09:58 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Update

I talked to the other party who the drunk chick hit last night. The other lady said she contacted the police station and talked to the officer who questioned the drunk chick.

The drunk chick just last week came in to the police station to a response of their summons, the chick gave a verbal testimony saying that she had taken some sleeping pills. At which point the officer charged her for DUI and now she isn't getting her car back.

Yea, if driving drunk wasn't stupid enough, coming into the police station and admitting that you were driving under the influence had to be the stupidest thing she has done.

OH well, I called the insurance company and filed a report also last week and I'll probably call them sometime next week with the bodyshop info. Yea I'm lagging, my car is drivable so I'm not too concerned.
Old 03-20-08, 10:06 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that sucks....yes.. i would take all you can cuz if it was the other way around they would do the same..."your either doing the screwing or ur getting screwed....".. i made the mistake and was really nice to this hot girl that slammed her door into mine...sure enough the next day i got into a car accident and they lawyered up,.,,,they got 15k off my insurance...
Old 03-20-08, 10:21 AM
08mica
Pole Position

Soooooo.....was she hot?
Old 03-20-08, 10:34 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 08mica
Soooooo.....was she hot?
So if a supermodel rollerskated all over your hood of your 08 Mica, you would not be upset based on her enhanced phsyical appearance?
Old 03-20-08, 11:12 AM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
So if a supermodel rollerskated all over your hood of your 08 Mica, you would not be upset based on her enhanced phsyical appearance?
What's happened has already happened. No use getting mad about it when it's already going to be resolved. Might as well make the best of it.

Last time I got rear-ended on the highway, when we went in for estimates, the guy doing the estimate thought we were best buds. Nothing wrong with making the best of a bad situation.

Quick Reply: So I get rear ended by a drunk chick last week.