IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Starfire! Vs. Glacier Frost Mica!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08 | 03:20 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

I actually wish they had a canary yellow... like the ruf porshes of the 80's... or fire engine yellow... maybe its cuz im asian... i dunno
Old 03-17-08 | 04:02 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

I'd want to see a see through is350. Plexi glass =D
Old 03-17-08 | 05:21 AM
Rash
hmm

Old 08-26-09 | 01:01 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

I honestly had tough time deciding which color to get, both are really nice colors!! So I asked 3 women at the dealership which color they like best...they said GFM. So I went with Starfire Pearl.

For prospect IS customers. If you are having tough time deciding which color you like better. Its really simple, if you are looking for a color closest to white, Starfire is it!!
Old 08-26-09 | 01:21 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

The dealer had both Crystal White and GFM in his lot when I went to purchase my car. I bought my car when it was partly cloudy day. I picked Crystal White as GMF seemed faded, little murky when the sun was out. I am glad I did pick CW as when I see cars in GFM from a distance, they do not sparkle. One has to be on top of the car on a sunny day to admire the color, or it lookes faded from a distance, imo.
Old 08-26-09 | 01:58 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by JVT
I honestly had tough time deciding which color to get, both are really nice colors!! So I asked 3 women at the dealership which color they like best...they said GFM. So I went with Starfire Pearl.

For prospect IS customers. If you are having tough time deciding which color you like better. Its really simple, if you are looking for a color closest to white, Starfire is it!!
Starfire Pearl is definitely whiter than Glacier Frost. What I find funny is how people repeatedly tie the color of their car to their masculinity. Using your paint code to determine your manhood is something I find really, really hilarious...

Originally Posted by NjDude
The dealer had both Crystal White and GFM in his lot when I went to purchase my car. I bought my car when it was partly cloudy day. I picked Crystal White as GMF seemed faded, little murky when the sun was out. I am glad I did pick CW as when I see cars in GFM from a distance, they do not sparkle. One has to be on top of the car on a sunny day to admire the color, or it lookes faded from a distance, imo.
I disagree with this. In bright, direct sunlight, this color looks like a plain off white. Where Glacier Frost Mica really shines is in low light situations... In the shade, on cloudy days, under flourescent lighting, at sunset, etc. These lighting conditions make the blue flakes in the paint pop, and is what sets it apart from other pearl white paints. I still haven't found a paint I like better on the 2IS, and if I had to decide again I'd do it again without hesitation. Twice.

Javier
Old 08-26-09 | 02:39 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

I've been going back and forth with these two colors for like 6 months, trying to decide which one truley looks better.
i've come to the conclusion that there is no right answer! they are both so sick, it definitely comes down to personal preference.

i've still never seen them side by side other than pics, which will really let me know which color i'd prefer. and actually have only seen the GFM twice, the first time was at dusk, half hour before sun down, and the color made my draw drop. I was 75% on getting GFM, then i saw it a mont later in the day time, and it wasn't as appealing, looked dull, and looked like wet cement..

so i wont officially decide which color i will get between the two till i see them both side by side in person. but as of right now i'm 90% SFP

p.S. is there a way to tell if an 2is is SFP or chrystal white? any pics out there with chrystal white and SFP side by side?
Old 08-26-09 | 02:47 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Crystal White was only made in 2006. Every year after is Starfire Pearl. They are virtually indiscernible next to each other.

Javier
Old 08-26-09 | 02:57 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

thats y this PAS MAG Cover car chose to repaint his car starfire pearl

http://pasmag.com/index.php?option=c...999&Itemid=105
Old 08-26-09 | 03:01 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

^^^DAMN thats so sick!! LOve that color combo they got going on
Old 08-26-09 | 04:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Personal preference should dictate color choice.
Old 08-26-09 | 07:43 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Both colors are nice, but to each his own.

First car is SP, second and fourth car is GFM.

Foreground car is GFM, background car is SP.

GFM has many different shades of colors at night (shown above). SP will always be just white.
Old 08-26-09 | 10:27 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

What happened to the guy who started the post? Did he ever get his IS?
Old 08-26-09 | 10:39 PM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

gfm is an awesome color. sorry im biased, but its so unique and you wont find very many cars like it.
Old 08-26-09 | 11:49 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JVT

Dude if 3 girls chose GFM u should have picked GFM
u want to attract girls to ur car right?

i have starfire but man that story doesnt help our vote lol

Quick Reply: Starfire! Vs. Glacier Frost Mica!