IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Name and Shame......................

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 04:45 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 308 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Name and Shame......................

With all of the reports of bad dealer service on this board (refusal to carry out TSIBs, etc), I think we should name the dealer(s) in question. Let's hear which dealers are giving crappy service and avoid them, if at all possible. And if anybody has the opposite experience (great service at the named dealership) they can respond, too. I think this is the only way to get an informed, balanced, assessment of these reports.
Old 03-10-08, 05:35 AM
Scythe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this could be a pretty good idea, a list of 'do not go' dealerships, and a list of 'they wipe your ***' dealerships =), i hope other people do this because its really good to know which dealerships to avoid

i'm not sure about bad ones, but my only experiences have been at

Lexus of Westport, CT, when i purchased the car, which was a gorgeous building w/ awesome free Lexus waterbottles, nice showroom etc, the salesman were awesome, and when i went back there to buy my dads car and drove my car, they all came outside to take pictures of the rims and grille lol
The service center i go to is
Lexus of Bridgeport, CT
So far i've only gone for minor things (scheduled services), and for the brake TSB. The TSB went well, i mentioned all the brake dust to the person, I told her i had heard of a service part to fix it, and she said yeah no problem they just have to check the VIN to see if it applies, and an hour later i had new brakes
They have an awesome waiting room, coffee makers, stocked fridge, munchie snacks, and a row of computers w/ full internet
i enjoy waiting for my car at this place -- Only bad thing i've had was when i asked about the Check Systems like for the TPMS sensors, and the tech was sort of mad about me having aftermarket rims - i could tell he was glad that i had to look at the light, it was my 'payoff' for buying cheaper rims, but i dont blame him
Old 03-10-08, 06:30 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to poist on my expereinces with the service departments only.

Lexus of Orland Park, IL: Initially bad service because the tech made me wait 2 hours for a simple oil change (with apt for 5k service) and did not remove dust covers to check fluids nor rotate tires. After speaking with the service manager in person, the tech was reprimanded for repeat insubordination and I have recieved great service so far. All TSIB's have been performed for me. They did a great job with the dash squeaks.

Mcgrath Lexus (Westmont, IL)
Very dishonest service department. They are told to lie to the customer. I know this for a fact as I knew two people who work/ed there. I caught them lying about a brake flush as I not only watched them perform it (simply sucked the fluid out of the master cylinder and did not bleed each caliper. The reason I took the vehicle in was because I was promissed 4 times they bleed the calipers individually. We'll, I watched the whole srevice and they did not. I spoke with the GM about it and they happily re-did the service. I was also told that they like to keep the cars in the wash cycle for an extra 1/2 hour to make you think you are gettting your money worth.

Last edited by Brian231; 03-10-08 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-10-08, 06:37 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scythe
this could be a pretty good idea, a list of 'do not go' dealerships, and a list of 'they wipe your ***' dealerships =), i hope other people do this because its really good to know which dealerships to avoid

i'm not sure about bad ones, but my only experiences have been at

Lexus of Westport, CT, when i purchased the car, which was a gorgeous building w/ awesome free Lexus waterbottles, nice showroom etc, the salesman were awesome, and when i went back there to buy my dads car and drove my car, they all came outside to take pictures of the rims and grille lol
The service center i go to is
Lexus of Bridgeport, CT
So far i've only gone for minor things (scheduled services), and for the brake TSB. The TSB went well, i mentioned all the brake dust to the person, I told her i had heard of a service part to fix it, and she said yeah no problem they just have to check the VIN to see if it applies, and an hour later i had new brakes
They have an awesome waiting room, coffee makers, stocked fridge, munchie snacks, and a row of computers w/ full internet
i enjoy waiting for my car at this place -- Only bad thing i've had was when i asked about the Check Systems like for the TPMS sensors, and the tech was sort of mad about me having aftermarket rims - i could tell he was glad that i had to look at the light, it was my 'payoff' for buying cheaper rims, but i dont blame him
Hello CL member,

After reading your posrt, as long as you replaced the rubber o-ring kit that comes with the TPMS and is offered seperately via Discount Tire or Tire Rack for about $20, the tech has no reason to complain. Maybe if it was not mounted properly when the new rims were installed and the inner screw was not tightened all the way, but I guess anything after market that is said to potentially contribute to a warning light, they have their just cause.
Old 03-10-08, 08:33 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

I could go on and on about the poor service from my dealer, but there's only one here so it doesn't matter. If you own a Lexus on Guam you are SOL.
Old 03-10-08, 08:41 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Motor City Lexus - Bakersfield, CA....don't even get me started!

I took my car in for my 1,000 mile/license plate service, and my car came out a hour 1 1/2 later with the finish ruined on my front passenger seat and 30+ miles added on my car. Unless it's a major serivce 30k, 60k....or major warranty work, I'll be taking my car to Toyota from now on (better service and will be saving a few bucks).

Last edited by Little E; 03-10-08 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-10-08, 10:14 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 308 Likes on 268 Posts

Well, here's my $0.02, I take my car to Johnson Lexus in NC (originally the Raleigh location and more recently the Durham location). They have generally done good work (at a price!) although there was a point a couple of years ago they were just swapping parts out at my expense to diagnose a stalling problem. Needless to say, I complained vehemently after their third failed attempt and they ended up fixing the real problem for free (still cost me $800 for the previous "fixes" that didn't work). Since then, and at the Durham location, I've had very good service. Their prices are still outrageous but on a couple of occasions, for a big job, I've actually negotiated prices up front to that of the Toyota dealer! When they wouldn't come down (eg for the most recent 90/100K service with plugs and timing belt replacement), I just went to a local independent.