IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Long Awaited Pothole Damage Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 05:09 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
Oddly enough, it is easier to get paid on the damage caused in the city limits as oppose to the suburbs.
I think you need to know someone in the City of Chicago to get away with it. I hear they are fighting people on it.

Not sure but was told that it may be easier for you to put in a claim with the city and IDOT. You may have a better and quicker chance with the city it happened in and they cut you a check and propbably file the claim thru the state or IDOT? Worth a try anyway. Let me know how it goes!
Old 03-13-08, 06:38 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I think you need to know someone in the City of Chicago to get away with it. I hear they are fighting people on it.

Not sure but was told that it may be easier for you to put in a claim with the city and IDOT. You may have a better and quicker chance with the city it happened in and they cut you a check and propbably file the claim thru the state or IDOT? Worth a try anyway. Let me know how it goes!
My claim is with District 1 out of Schaumburg and IDOT. I have some backing with this as well. We'll see what happens, they need to be more active in fixing these pot holes. I would worry for a mother with her kids having a blowout and potential subsequent accident. I hope all other Chicaland CL memebers will be very careful and avoid this mess.
Old 03-13-08, 06:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear ya, i have my summer rims in the garage in boxes...this worries me to put them on! Have to go back to that Discount tire location today so they can test fit a tire on the rear so they can order them. if we can push it then it opens up the doors for more tire options. what everyone is using on here doesnt allow to many...I will take a pic if they do this today for a little tease of what is to come
Old 03-13-08, 08:40 PM
lexchi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
Yes,

I hear you, if this keeps up, I will have to dump the IS and get a stick pony. I can't afford to keep replacing wheels and tires. I have filed a claim with IDOT and made a police report. I am one of many people I know with the same problems in Illinois, so I am not alone.

Brian, the same thing happened to me heading home from work (mt. prospect) to the city. I think I'll take the metra until the roads get a little better. Discount Tire managed to break one of my TSIB sensors when replacing the tire so now I have an annoying warning light until they get the part in. Lucky me.

Anyhow, I feel your pain.
Old 03-14-08, 08:26 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexchi
Brian, the same thing happened to me heading home from work (mt. prospect) to the city. I think I'll take the metra until the roads get a little better. Discount Tire managed to break one of my TSIB sensors when replacing the tire so now I have an annoying warning light until they get the part in. Lucky me.

Anyhow, I feel your pain.
Yes,

We are all in the same boat. I am so "gunshy" and concious of the road ahead now. I just had my wheel replaced yesterday and I was a little upset at the scrathces the removed rim sustained. Kind of like they didn't care because it was to be replaced. I think I will have the lip repaired and save for a spare. The Momos (Winter), despite what the add says on their ability to resist chipping and have a finish warrenty of a year, are actually easy to chip. Especially around the lug nut housing. I love Discount Tire, but sometimes the techs could care less. I always tell them to take their time and not scratch anything.