IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Broken promises

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 06:09 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But My Dealer Is In Miami Florida... Idk How Other Dealers Do It But All Dealers Here Always Give Complimentary Washes
Old 03-12-08, 06:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Law
Note the "free pick up and delivery". I was very interested in this service, as the dealer I bought from is 35 miles away from my house, and not on my way to work. I hop the train at 6:30am, so waiting at home for pickup would seriously impede on my work day. I asked the salesman--"Will they pick up the car the nite before." Ans: "Anything you want." CORRECT ANS: "No--they only schedule 1-2 pickup/dropoffs a day, and don't do that." If I made a big stink and went to the service manager, would they have done it--maybe. But it wasn't worth it for the 5000 mi service.

Lesson--this is what salesmen do. I knew better, and I should have just called the service manager to verify, but I didn't.
Old 03-12-08, 06:59 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer, Lexus of Orland, has a great car wash similar to Turtle Wax. I am not worried about swirls as I have not had this issue here. The only thing, it gets busy on weekends, closed when temps are below 32 degrees, and I ask that they be very careful with the rims as I have had no problem. I think they give one per week and they vaccumn the car as well. You just give the porters a tip. Only problem, it is 40 mintes away so I just typically wash myself in the bay. I was under the impression that all Lexus, Acura and Infiniti delaers wash the cars for the customers. Oddly enough, I think Saturn implemented this inititative.
Old 03-12-08, 07:23 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
My dealer, Lexus of Orland, has a great car wash similar to Turtle Wax. I am not worried about swirls as I have not had this issue here. The only thing, it gets busy on weekends, closed when temps are below 32 degrees, and I ask that they be very careful with the rims as I have had no problem. I think they give one per week and they vaccumn the car as well. You just give the porters a tip. Only problem, it is 40 mintes away so I just typically wash myself in the bay. I was under the impression that all Lexus, Acura and Infiniti delaers wash the cars for the customers. Oddly enough, I think Saturn implemented this inititative.
I used to have an Acura and a Saturn. They both washed the car after service, unless it was raining or there was a drought warning. I never tried to just show up for a wash, though.
Old 03-12-08, 07:35 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
I used to have an Acura and a Saturn. They both washed the car after service, unless it was raining or there was a drought warning. I never tried to just show up for a wash, though.
I remember the add campaign in the 90's for Saturn, they said, stop on by anytime for a free car wash. I think they set precedent. I also remember the commercial where the truck driver is transporting the cars on a highway and people asking him, what is that, he replies a Saturn, then one guy asks, can I get leather with that.
Old 03-12-08, 07:44 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

On another note, I just noticed that this thread heading, "Broken Promises" reminds of a title to an afterschool special. I like it!!!
Old 03-12-08, 08:25 AM
SpaceCadet
Driver

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
Thats total BS by the dealer!!!!!!! As long as you have a lexus you are entitle to
2 free car washes per month. Its a lexus thing. Go and complain to the dealer
Where is this written at? Anyhow, my salesmen told me that I have lifetime free car washes ONLY at that dealership. Plus I dont mind having them wash it cuz i got Starfire Pearl and can't really see any swirl marks.
Old 03-12-08, 08:32 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

yeah..if u got light color cars...i would say it is rather "fine" to go to the free car wash as swirls don't appear that well in lighter colors...but if you got a dark colored car, take your time to wash it yourself...its the price you pay...
Old 03-12-08, 08:33 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

The dealer I use does free washes. They even have a special line to pull in to within the service reception area.

Heck I was even told that I could get a free car wash at any Park Place dealership... there was one day when I was desperate for a car wash and simply did not have the two hours to wash it myself so I pulled into the Park Place Mercedes Benz dealer that is down the street from my office and they washed my car for free. People were looking at me like I was a lost soul who had wandered into enemy territory.
Old 03-12-08, 08:59 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Get my car washed at the dealership? No way José! My black beauty does NOT belong in a drive-thru wash (unless it's brush-less). Talk about the swirlies! Also the dealership wash = crappy drying job. I don't want excess water left in my trunk and in my doors.

I am also not thrilled with the idea of someone from the dealership driving my car to go have it washed. I like washing my car myself because it gives me a chance to examine the exterior condition.
Old 03-12-08, 09:04 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Signal_jp
i just like the fact that when i wash my car, i know every detail about it. for example where water collects behind the doors and gas cap. i like to dry those areas. the little things..
Originally Posted by Audiofan2
+1 and for some reason above the back bumper where the trunk lid meets the bumper, I can never get all the water no matter how hard I try.

Only handwash the car myself or take to a touchless wash when in a hurry and don't care about quality of wash or dry.

haha I'm the same way.

I swear if someone else reads this thread they will think we're crazy
Old 03-12-08, 10:01 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

The Longo Lexus car wash was terrible, car was covered with waterspots when they were done.
Old 03-12-08, 10:29 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stonefan52
The Longo Lexus car wash was terrible, car was covered with waterspots when they were done.
Sounds like they are not using the right filters or filters at all in their water system. Sometimes this also occurs with that car wash spray wax. It tends to cloud the windshield a bit. It all comes from a bulk drum of cheap wax.
Old 05-30-08, 03:07 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Ya, I have white IS350, so I'm not too worried about the scratches as they did a decent job the last two times I was there. My previous two cars were black, so I never did any sort of washing other than myself

I went after them again about this, and this time I emailed Lexus Corporate and getting in touch w/ my sales rep which I bought the car from. We'll see how this goes. For the most part, I dun even care about the washes as much as a principle. I just don't like being lied to, especially after paying such a premium for a car.
Old 05-30-08, 03:29 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I don't let the dealer wash my car even if it needs it badly. I wash it myself. Heck I even use water from my water softener for my car.

Quick Reply: Broken promises