IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Seat Belt Warning Bell/Buzzer RANT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 11:25 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sykocus
There are 2 types according to the AKC. Less then 13" and between 13" and 15". Though they get bigger then that, mine is about 14". If you saw the beagle that won at the Westminster dog show, mine girl is about the same size. If you want to see overweight check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Beagle_745.jpg
That's just about one of the most depressing shots of a beagle man Not only is it overweight it looks like it hates its life..poor thing.
Old 03-13-08, 06:31 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disabled mine since my gym bag/laptop will set it off and of course when passengers take there sweet time putting it on or anxious taking it off before the car is parked. It sounds like a time bomb about to go off...
Old 03-13-08, 08:30 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 types according to the AKC. Less then 13" and between 13" and 15". Though they get bigger then that, mine is about 14". If you saw the beagle that won at the Westminster dog show, mine girl is about the same size. If you want to see overweight check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Beagle_745.jpg
(sorry for getting off topic from the seat belt topic) But I saw the beagle that won the dog show....too cute! Aw...that pic is sad how could anyone let their dog get that big?
Old 03-13-08, 09:13 AM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Little E
(sorry for getting off topic from the seat belt topic) But I saw the beagle that won the dog show....too cute! Aw...that pic is sad how could anyone let their dog get that big?
Yeah, I wonder about that! I went on an AKC dog walk to help in dog cancer research, and I have a 16 pound Cairn Terrier....They had people there with overweight dogs in strollers no walking! I was thinking...THATS WHY THEY ARE OVERWEIGHT! The owners were like, oh she doesnt like to walk(what dog doesnt like a walk?)...There was a 30 pound Cairn in a stroller and it was so sad...the dog weighed twice what it was supposed to, and the owner just smiled about pushing it around everywhere....
Old 03-13-08, 09:45 AM
ctzp
Driver School Candidate

My goodness, I can't believe you guys would let pets (especially dogs) inside your Lexus! I could understand a cat maybe..

How do you maintain it?
Old 03-13-08, 10:07 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ctzp
My goodness, I can't believe you guys would let pets (especially dogs) inside your Lexus! I could understand a cat maybe..

How do you maintain it?
I love my doggy. She's small to medium size. I don't take her for rides in my car all the time, but I have to get her to the vet/groomers some way right? I usually tuck/cover my seat with towels when she's riding in my IS. She doesn't shed, doesn't have long claws, nor does she bounce around hyper while in my car....she's a very good dog. So therefore, I don't mind her riding in my IS. If I had a Great Daine or some really big dog, it would be a different story.

Cat? IMO, cats to me would be more likely to claw the seats and ruin the leather.
Old 03-13-08, 10:19 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Why not throw them in the trunk? Leave the pass-through open for air.
Old 03-13-08, 10:20 AM
KingGimp
Rookie

hahahahhha that beagle looks ridiculous! sorta like how my pomeranian was after someone fed him avocadoes for a month.

but yeah, back to the seat belt alarm. so glad you can disable it, otherwise i woulda tore the car apart to find the chime and destroyed it.
Old 03-13-08, 10:24 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Why not throw them in the trunk? Leave the pass-through open for air.
I would do that to bratty kids before I would do that to my dog.
Old 03-13-08, 11:21 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Default Funny looking dog pic

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
That's just about one of the most depressing shots of a beagle man Not only is it overweight it looks like it hates its life..poor thing.
That beagle looking like, "don't be hatin on me cause Imma a lil overweight". "I need love too" LMAO!
Old 03-13-08, 11:24 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Back to topic...

I keep a print-out of the instructions to disable this seatbelt noise in the owners manual sleeve in the glovebox.

I have actually pretty much memorized it. I have had to do it numerous times because of the dash work and other work I have had done on the car when the battery had to be disabled.
Old 03-13-08, 03:09 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

I did the override but it only seemed to take for the drivers side, is it supposed to work for both the passenger and driver seats? Maybe I'll just try it again. I kept the printout in my glove box too.

I hate the thing because when I let someone out of the car so I can go find a parking space it will beep for about 10 seconds until it decides that there is no one sitting in the car. annoying.
Old 03-13-08, 05:28 PM
sykocus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
Yeah, I wonder about that! I went on an AKC dog walk to help in dog cancer research, and I have a 16 pound Cairn Terrier....They had people there with overweight dogs in strollers no walking! I was thinking...THATS WHY THEY ARE OVERWEIGHT! The owners were like, oh she doesnt like to walk(what dog doesnt like a walk?)...There was a 30 pound Cairn in a stroller and it was so sad...the dog weighed twice what it was supposed to, and the owner just smiled about pushing it around everywhere....
There's some irony in taking your dog a an event to help research cancer when it is grossly unhealthy.

Originally Posted by ctzp

How do you maintain it?
Cats, really? I have a blanket i tuck under the head rest and drape over the seat, and I crack the window enough my dog can put her paws on the glass and her head out the window without risking scratching the outside paint. After about 5 mins she just sits on the seat anyways. I don't take her everywhere, mostly 5-10 mins down the road to the park a couple times a week.

Originally Posted by IS-MIKE
I did the override but it only seemed to take for the drivers side, is it supposed to work for both the passenger and driver seats? Maybe I'll just try it again. I kept the printout in my glove box too.

I hate the thing because when I let someone out of the car so I can go find a parking space it will beep for about 10 seconds until it decides that there is no one sitting in the car. annoying.
Mine worked for both seats.

And just so I don't leave everyone depressed this time, here's my not overweight beagle when she was a puppy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgarrido/525757208/

Last edited by sykocus; 03-13-08 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-13-08, 08:33 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

And just so I don't leave everyone depressed this time, here's my not overweight beagle when she was a puppy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgarrido/525757208/
Cute beagle! Nice markings.