IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tanabe shaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 12:18 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe shaking

Hey guys i was wondering whos tanabe shakes alot when their rev'ing their car. my friend tells me mine goes left and right alot when im driving, any tips on reducing it? i plan on getting my gfx rear lip in tomorrow so i might as well try to stop the exhaust shake.
Old 03-15-08, 12:37 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bah... just give it to me and i'll give you my exhaust that way you wont have that shaking OR you can crawl under the car and make sure all the bolts are tight.
Old 03-15-08, 02:04 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

swap out the rubber hangers with something else or mod em somehow to reduce the shaking?
Old 03-15-08, 02:32 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

do u guys think that zip tie trick used to raise the exhaust will reduce shaking?
and riiiight judd, lets trade exhausts on sunday. haha
Old 03-15-08, 03:16 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by weesped
do u guys think that zip tie trick used to raise the exhaust will reduce shaking?
well... i dont wanna crawl under your car on sunday to check BUT anytime after sunday we can meet up and i'll take a look at your exhaust. oh yea im bringing my 'fix your pretzel' stuff too.
Old 03-15-08, 03:21 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

haha sweet. imma try head there a bit early also seeing how i wont be able to stay long. maybe we can get some more of those "salt and pepper" shots u like so much off. i wish i was able to get a new lens before the meet, but =( maybe next time, i'll try to make do with what i got. what time do u think you'll be there. (damn every thread a hawaii guy makes ya? haha look how it ends up)
Old 03-15-08, 03:28 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ooh meet? make sure u guys pose your cars this time hahah
Old 03-15-08, 03:30 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

haha thats now how we roll in hawaii . we're all too pretty here, dont wana take away from the cars other wise they might get jealous. LMAO. maybe next meet i'll try to get some girls to come judd, so its not just a bunch of guys standing next to their cars >_>
Old 03-15-08, 03:32 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

haha yep yep, hawaii CHAT ROOM FTW!!! besides about your shaking, really cant do anything about it over a forum without seeing it irl, and i'll check it out for you so... this topic is over

well i will be there... before 10am, depends if i gotta meet the new SC guy somewhere first, but i told him if i meet him it gotta be early cuz im da organizer, no 'hawaiian time' for me but JDM time im gonna leave my house at 09:00 so... i'll probally get there by 09:30'ish cuz going over the pali is chancy for me and i'll might have to bust out the mf towels before ppl show up... like last time

LOL pose the cars... *cough* dis aint cali
Old 03-15-08, 03:35 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

cool. i'll try to be there around 10, if not a couple mins before. im glad im not the one getting lost now yes guys i know where corp is! hahaha
Old 03-15-08, 03:36 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

and i just noticed, sooooo close to 800 post. i get a new name, no more lead lap for me! ! i'll prob wait till sunday, i'll rake up alota post when i start posting pics. dont expect them till late that day or monday though work+ training to learn aperture 2 after so i can do some decent post processing to not look so noob
Old 03-15-08, 03:37 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

oh yea... about 'girls'... hmm i think i heard something about 'girls' once on tv

oh yea... we gotta think of some poses for the cars but dont tell anyone here that
Old 03-15-08, 03:40 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

the only girl i know is my lexi lmao. i still think its funny how good handful of guys on CL got their 2IS's right after they broke up with a GF. but humm, im not a huge car poser, we'll try to work somthing out. next time i'll ask some friends to come, the good looking kind i think u'll like judd. haha. oh well im out till the morning, gota wake up early n tell my shop to install my damn rear lip same day !
Old 03-15-08, 03:49 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

girls = less money for lexi... wait, unless... i can get the girl to spend her money for lexi too... hmm... give her a tokidoki or jimmy choos and then get her to buy me is-f seats and the cf bbk... YEAH THATS IT, THATS THE TICKET
Old 03-15-08, 06:42 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yall do know that the exhaust system is where a large part of engine vibration is dissipated right? Go ahead and change the rubber hangers to stiffer ones, dont complain of the resulting vibration in the car

Quick Reply: Tanabe shaking