IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Loaner Car for an Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-08, 10:40 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Chandler and Lexus of Scottsdale give a loaner car ANYTIME. If you can't wait at all, they offer the loaner. In fact they usually don't even ask if you can or want to wait. When you show up to drop your car off, they automatically assume you want a loaner. Great Service here in Chandler, Arizona.
Old 03-20-08, 07:25 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Lexus of Chandler and Lexus of Scottsdale give a loaner car ANYTIME. If you can't wait at all, they offer the loaner. In fact they usually don't even ask if you can or want to wait. When you show up to drop your car off, they automatically assume you want a loaner. Great Service here in Chandler, Arizona.
That is a great dealer, I stopped there for "Sh.ts and Giggles" in December on a trip. They were curtious to me even though I was just checking out the place and told them I was an IS250 owner from Chicago. I typically stop at Lexus delaers around the US or Canada for fun. I see you owned a Gen 1 as well. I missed the car a little when I traded it in for the 2Gen, but the differance is apples and oranges. 2Gen has so much more to offer an the interior is so much better. It is still nice to see the gen1's on the road. Always a head turner.
Old 03-20-08, 11:19 AM
vanduse1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1

SS Springs in AZ has always given me a loaner as well. Pretty much always the IS, however, I have had an RX and an ES as well. One time I went to Scottsdale (Without an appoitment) to fix a stuck sunroom and they were out of Lexus loaners. They gave me an Enterprise (I think) with no questions asked. They called me a few hours later and the problem was fixed.

I love the AZ dealerships so far (1 year lexus owner with 30,000 miles)!
Old 03-20-08, 11:26 AM
truce209
Driver

I went in for my 10k service in riverside.. they said it would take 2 hours so i asked if i could have a loner. they said they were already setting one up for me. so i took it to run errands. and when i came back, my car was already ready, waiting for me. its nice to have a lounge with free goodies.. but its better when you get a loner car. =) the great perks when you buy a lexus.
Old 02-18-10, 08:53 PM
T4RBoarder
Driver School Candidate

Old thread I know but I wanted to see if any of you have had a similar experience...I needed to get some work done on my recently purchased LX and called up the dealership to schedule an appointment, everything seemed fine except for the fact that they will not give me a loaner car. They said they reserve loaners for vehicles that have been purchased from them...is it me or is that shady?
Old 02-18-10, 09:45 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T4RBoarder
Old thread I know but I wanted to see if any of you have had a similar experience...I needed to get some work done on my recently purchased LX and called up the dealership to schedule an appointment, everything seemed fine except for the fact that they will not give me a loaner car. They said they reserve loaners for vehicles that have been purchased from them...is it me or is that shady?
Some dealers do that, it varies from dealer to dealer.
Old 02-18-10, 09:52 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesent sound right... they should give u a loaner if ur payin them
Old 02-18-10, 10:31 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get a loaner almost everytime I take my car in (both my IS and RX). I have gotten an RX once and every other time an IS250. Always non nav.

This is why sometimes I do other things at my dealer like an interior detail even though I can get it cheaper somewhere or even a dent removal.

Once I add something to my oil change they just give me a loaner...one time I did get denied the loaner but it was because they had none left and I had not previously requested one...but they had lunch catered in the dealership and 52 inch tvs so it wasnt too bad. Plus i got to check out the new F sport displays.

This was at Lexus of Tampa Bay.
Old 02-18-10, 11:59 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i took my IS for the first check up, and they asked if i wanted a loaner. i said no, but requested that they check the car the closest lift to the lounge area. they were chill about my odd request, and so they honored it.
Old 02-19-10, 04:19 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They have the right to set their own policy--it sounds like they don't have many competitor dealers in your area. If they do, I'd go elsewhere.
Old 02-19-10, 04:38 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

They said they reserve loaners for vehicles that have been purchased from them...is it me or is that shady?
Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
Doesent sound right... they should give u a loaner if ur payin them
The dealer I use will give anyone getting service work done a loaner car. But they do treat their own customers better. If you bought the car from them, you get a Lexus loaner. If you bought the car somewhere else, you get a loaner from Enterprise.
Old 02-19-10, 05:23 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Pretty sure the Lexus warranty requires they provide a loaner car for any warranty work that will exceed 8 hours, regardless of where you purchased it.

Anything more generous than that (my dealership gives loaners for any work of 2 hours or more for example) is up to the individual dealerships.

From Lexus.com:

Service Loaner Vehicles: If your vehicle must be kept overnight at a Lexus dealership for a warranty covered condition that requires more than eight hours to repair, Lexus will provide you with a complimentary loaner vehicle.
Old 02-21-10, 08:22 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was surprised (don't remember exact details) when I checked the Lexus site about loaners. They've upped the # hours. Therefore providing us with loaners is goodwill and PR. Mine does give loaners but I could see when they run out they naturally give preference to their own customers. Can you blame them?
Old 02-22-10, 07:14 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they ask me if i want a loaner car if it is going to be mor than 2 hours, and offer me a ride and a pick up if its gunna be more than 45 mins.

but also depends on policy, im paying for the car but cant drive the loaner, because the dealer i go to requires you to be 21 and over and im only 19, so i gotta wait till one of parents get there, so i can drive their car, and they get to drive my loaner. but as long as they offer to help me out with rides or a loaner im cool with that.
Old 02-22-10, 07:51 AM
07B&T
Driver School Candidate

I could be getting the windshield washer fluid replaced and they would give me a loaner. Always gotten one, no questions asked. I have had RX350 a couple times, ES350 couple times, a nice GS (my favorite so far).....but never got the IS loaners, maybe they figure I don't want the same style car, want to try to sell me a different one.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car for an Oil Change?