IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my buddy IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-08, 12:27 AM
808LS460
Owes Club Lexus $10,000. Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Maybe, but after all what is vip style anyway, especially since now in japan the lines are becoming crossed with DUB there. There is no set guidelines when it comes to vip style anyway much of it is subjective. There are ppl that think euro cars shouldnt be vip platforms either but they are its just that in japan you dont see it as much due to the cost of car itself and the normal vip guy cant afford it so you dont see them so much in the 'owners' sections of the vip magazines. I know you know your vip stuff, just that in this instance when it comes to my rims i wont agree with you.
really when is last time you been to japan? you are saying things really don't know nothing about! what is vip? or what does vip mean to you? or what did you best buddys tell you vip is?
Old 03-19-08, 12:44 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LS460
really when is last time you been to japan? you are saying things really don't know nothing about! what is vip? or what does vip mean to you? or what did you best buddys tell you vip is?
I lived in atami/nagoya (tsurumai) from 95-99 before vip/drift even came to america, one of friends there at the time, small kine chimpira, and he would take me around in his vip'd s-class benz and i seen the scene at that time. Course when i came back to america i went around asking ppl about vip/drift and ppl here were clueless... so i picked up supra and went that route, only now im returning to the scene. So maybe things have changed since the mid to late 90's and my knowledge is out of date, but i still find ppl here pretty clueless about many things. I really dont understand what your trying to tell me here and i dont like where your trying to take this convo, so im just going to stop now.
Old 03-19-08, 01:03 AM
808LS460

I lived in atami/nagoya (tsurumai) from 95-99 before vip/drift even came to america, one of friends there at the time, small kine chimpira, and he would take me around in his vip'd s-class benz and i seen the scene at that time. Course when i came back to america i went around asking ppl about vip/drift and ppl here were clueless... so i picked up supra and went that route, only now im returning to the scene. So maybe things have changed since the mid to late 90's and my knowledge is out of date, but i still find ppl here pretty clueless about many things. I really dont understand what your trying to tell me here and i dont like where your trying to take this convo, so im just going to stop now.
no i'm trying to take this anywhere!

Last edited by 808LS460; 03-19-08 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-19-08, 12:00 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Hey everyone please dont trip out on me and 808LS460, we worked it out
Old 03-19-08, 04:57 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

nice set up, but i'm not feeling the rims though
Old 03-19-08, 05:40 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Hey everyone please dont trip out on me and 808LS460, we worked it out
haha i was looking for my bucket of water n wanted to say somthing to put out that fire before it got outa hand. im glad ur holding back ur FH wrath, rofl
Old 03-19-08, 06:55 PM
HiKneeKen
Driver School Candidate

808LS460 ... hows the ride on the air runners...im more of a bagged guy myself but i didnt like my last set up on my wagon...just wanna know before i dish out all that money...
Old 03-19-08, 07:26 PM
808LS460

Originally Posted by HiKneeKen
808LS460 ... hows the ride on the air runners...im more of a bagged guy myself but i didnt like my last set up on my wagon...just wanna know before i dish out all that money...
yo, i kind of hate it. it's not my style......
Old 03-19-08, 09:48 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Ive seen this IS in person and it looks siiik! And Im glad Judd and Bryan made up. Of course the IS is not a VIP platform car but I do like the "VIP look." My lexy will not be a VIPstyle ride, but it will have some influence. Plus, Im not going to buy every little thing just to make it VIP because I think some of the things are excessive. I want to be unique but still want that clean luxury VIP look...I like to keep things simple but nice. So I will have my own version of a VIPstyle ride and no one can tell me any different. The IS in this thread is not truly VIP, even though it has scaras, airrunner and a Wald kit, but I still consider it VIPstyled. If you want to get technical, the kit looks too sporty and the rims are not flush to the fenders/tsuraichi...but it still is nice. Good job!
Old 03-19-08, 10:34 PM
808LS460

Originally Posted by VIP07lexIS
Ive seen this IS in person and it looks siiik! And Im glad Judd and Bryan made up. Of course the IS is not a VIP platform car but I do like the "VIP look." My lexy will not be a VIPstyle ride, but it will have some influence. Plus, Im not going to buy every little thing just to make it VIP because I think some of the things are excessive. I want to be unique but still want that clean luxury VIP look...I like to keep things simple but nice. So I will have my own version of a VIPstyle ride and no one can tell me any different. The IS in this thread is not truly VIP, even though it has scaras, airrunner and a Wald kit, but I still consider it VIPstyled. If you want to get technical, the kit looks too sporty and the rims are not flush to the fenders/tsuraichi...but it still is nice. Good job!

i know man, he knows too, we are aleady working on a new kit, maybe even a full bumper kit. and the wheels. he will be picking up a new set. and it will be more flush when it's on the ground. at the time, there was not that many kits for that car...
Old 03-19-08, 11:06 PM
HiKneeKen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 808LS460
yo, i kind of hate it. it's not my style......
you hate the ride quality? or you just hate bags in general? coz my old bags on my wagon sucked!!!
Old 03-19-08, 11:12 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

two big SGM senbae chips hangin off the front.
Old 03-19-08, 11:49 PM
blISs 250
Rookie

Default informational 2 cents...

i still have my rims, guys.
being a owner of a 2IS on bags... *note: "im into the vip scene, done with racing sports" - i like the ride of the air runners. its smooth, yet not soft as if you were on a boat rocking back and fourth on every bump you hit. and not stiff to where you feel everything thats on the road. their are 4 dampening levels so you can choose the setting to stiffer or softer. i roll at 3.
for those of you who are rolling with low pros and wicked stretch tires, you know the sound that setup makes. so, with the air runner installed it reduced that tire sound. because of the bag design, no coiled springs, there's less road noise feed back in the cabin, which is a plus for my ears.
i've tried ripping turns at 60mph to test the limits of the bags... i wouldn't recommend it. hahaha. i had coilovers and i loved the ride... when i was taking corners, but like i said im done with that.
the biggest plus tho, is having the advantage to rise your car when you come across a nasty drive way.

seL
Old 03-19-08, 11:53 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blISs 250
i've tried ripping turns at 60mph to test the limits of the bags... i wouldn't recommend it.

seL
hahahha. thats golden. for the tip. now if judd would only go get some bag's and race me on a track (which doesnt exist lol)
Old 03-20-08, 12:02 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by weesped
hahahha. thats golden. for the tip. now if judd would only go get some bag's and race me on a track (which doesnt exist lol)
HAHA, no i still like my speed, after all that was one of the major points of buying a 350 in the first place

Quick Reply: my buddy IS