IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Warranty = I will never flip out again!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 12:14 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Warranty = I will never flip out again!!

hey guys, so i had awful seat rattle and dash rattle, on top of all of this my right HID was not turning on.

i called vista lexus on ventura blvd. in so cal and they straight up said we will fix the dash but not the seat if you have aftermarket sound system. i was like oh, i do, and they said well that means that the installer probably left something unscrewed on the rail. i replied like "ughh thanks".

yesterday i went into lexus of thousand oaks. it was a pretty sexy dealership. they had two IS-F's and it was fairly large. i walked into service, i told him about my HID's, my seat and dash. he straight up said, not a problem. the other service guys were like "damn is this your slammed IS? effin nice!" i was like NO DUH that's how i rolllll. anyways...i picked up today, new HID, brand new drivers seat and no rattles!!! i was pretty worried about the hid's and seat leather not matching, but the colors were pretty spot on.

i was just so surprised. my car has 19's, lowered on teins, aftermarket parking lights, drl's and fogs. sound system in the trunk, black roof, black tails, exhaust, black grille, vinyl eyelids (i thought for sure they would blame the HID failing on the eyelids because i got them installed the day before it went out and they were spraying all this soap on my headlight) so all in all my lexus is pretty hooked up, with many mods. they did not question me once.

total for warranty work came out to : $6,920.04 and they did not ask me about any of my mods before taking in the car. on top of that it was my first visit EVER to that dealership. sorry if im bragging, im just amped.

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 03-20-08 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-20-08, 12:18 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woww..i'll make sure to go there next time for warranty work...
Old 03-20-08, 12:31 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
woww..i'll make sure to go there next time for warranty work...
wow... me2, thousand oaks you say?
Old 03-20-08, 12:36 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
wow... me2, thousand oaks you say?
fa sho. they'd eff mr. servco's day up
Old 03-20-08, 04:29 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
fa sho. they'd eff mr. servco's day up
Haha...thats too funny...anyways, glad u got your ish fixed dood!
Old 03-20-08, 05:50 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

That's GOOD business!

Koz
Old 03-20-08, 06:21 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, post some pics of your car now
Old 03-20-08, 06:21 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as a dealer tech, i always work on the modded cars and try to keep everything under warranty unless the mod directly affects a faulty part. all dealer service centers should but obviously they don't...
Old 03-20-08, 06:22 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to hear you got taken care of, Ron.

Javier
Old 03-20-08, 06:35 AM
tukai
Driver

Hearing stuff like this makes me glad I bought my 1st lexus this week.
Old 03-20-08, 07:01 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_NIICE
hey guys, so i had awful seat rattle and dash rattle, on top of all of this my right HID was not turning on.

i called vista lexus on ventura blvd. in so cal and they straight up said we will fix the dash but not the seat if you have aftermarket sound system. i was like oh, i do, and they said well that means that the installer probably left something unscrewed on the rail. i replied like "ughh thanks".

yesterday i went into lexus of thousand oaks. it was a pretty sexy dealership. they had two IS-F's and it was fairly large. i walked into service, i told him about my HID's, my seat and dash. he straight up said, not a problem. the other service guys were like "damn is this your slammed IS? effin nice!" i was like NO DUH that's how i rolllll. anyways...i picked up today, new HID, brand new drivers seat and no rattles!!! i was pretty worried about the hid's and seat leather not matching, but the colors were pretty spot on.

i was just so surprised. my car has 19's, lowered on teins, aftermarket parking lights, drl's and fogs. sound system in the trunk, black roof, black tails, exhaust, black grille, vinyl eyelids (i thought for sure they would blame the HID failing on the eyelids because i got them installed the day before it went out and they were spraying all this soap on my headlight) so all in all my lexus is pretty hooked up, with many mods. they did not question me once.

total for warranty work came out to : $6,920.04 and they did not ask me about any of my mods before taking in the car. on top of that it was my first visit EVER to that dealership. sorry if im bragging, im just amped.
I found the bolded and italicized to be hillarious. On a different note, i am glad it was taken care of via warrenty. it is best to get on the service managers good side and deal diredtly with him or her.
Old 03-20-08, 08:20 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Happy to hear of such positive results.
Old 03-20-08, 08:21 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

get yo' roll on, ron. lol.

good to hear that you weren't charged for warranty work. God knows i'd throw a fit if i had to pay that much for a dash rattle, a seat rattle, and a busted HID.
Old 03-20-08, 08:26 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

jut picked mine up......and the tech that had ti beet the sht out of my car......left it with a half tank of gas it is now on E and says i was getting 9mpg.....when i beet on it i get 17mpg. WTF!. other then that new brakes, dash rattle is gone, noise filter installed and no issue with mods. just pissed about the gas and the tech.

and they had a lack IS-F, i got a chubby and love the seats.....must make more money.
Old 03-20-08, 08:59 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We bought our IS at Thousand Oaks Lexus, and it is a nice facility. But it’s so popular we found it difficult to get a timely appointment for service, so we’ve been taking the car to Vista. I have no complaints with them either.

Quick Reply: Warranty = I will never flip out again!!