IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Accessories for the IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 06:49 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try t also ask the dealer for little extras that you don't need to pay for. I got alot of stuff from the dealer that they gave for free. I mean bargining would help alot.
Old 03-21-08, 07:55 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4U2eNv_8o8
Try t also ask the dealer for little extras that you don't need to pay for. I got alot of stuff from the dealer that they gave for free. I mean bargining would help alot.
So what did you get from them? Just asking so I know what to ask of the stealership.
Old 03-21-08, 08:55 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

Yup, he's right. I negotiated the tints and all season weather mats in mine in order to "seal the deal"
Old 03-21-08, 09:48 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i got my all weather mats. i think that ones pretty easy to get
Old 03-22-08, 05:33 AM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm.........just little things that I'm pretty sure the dealer can cough up. I got key chains, cheap leather key fob cases, metal plate for the safety sticker, wax, microfiber cloth, touch-up paint, Sun Shade, all these other things that I got. When I meant little this I kinda meant "LITTLE". Never tried the mats and tint. Probably could ask since my sales man there always gives me free stuff every time I'm there.
Old 03-22-08, 07:49 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Well I am going to Prestige and my family has bought more than 8 cars from them since 1990. So they should hook me up!
Old 03-22-08, 11:35 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Hmm.........just little things that I'm pretty sure the dealer can cough up. I got key chains, cheap leather key fob cases, metal plate for the safety sticker, wax, microfiber cloth, touch-up paint, Sun Shade, all these other things that I got. When I meant little this I kinda meant "LITTLE". Never tried the mats and tint. Probably could ask since my sales man there always gives me free stuff every time I'm there.
lol who was ur sales guy. mine looked like he was going rip his hair out when i just asked for floor mats haha.
Old 03-22-08, 10:39 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I am gonna ask for the floor mats and the tint!
Old 03-23-08, 11:37 AM
iameric
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you get a remote start on an IS 250 manual?
Old 03-23-08, 09:27 PM
L-FIN-S
Driver School Candidate

I just got my IS350's windows tinted on saturday afternoon. My IS is GFM and I got 35% all around and added a strip of tint to the top of the windshield, 35% is perfect(as suggested here on this site)and I'm loving the new look of my IS.
Old 03-24-08, 07:59 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iameric
can you get a remote start on an IS 250 manual?
Like I said on the last page of this thread, there is NO factory remote start available in the US. For -any- ISx50.
Old 03-24-08, 08:58 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by L-FIN-S
I just got my IS350's windows tinted on saturday afternoon. My IS is GFM and I got 35% all around and added a strip of tint to the top of the windshield, 35% is perfect(as suggested here on this site)and I'm loving the new look of my IS.
I did 35% all around (no front strip though) on my Obsidian IS, and I love it. Not too dark, not too light.
Old 03-24-08, 09:16 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinda
Can anyone link to me where I can buy the card key? What exactly does the red out film do? I mean aren't LED's better for that sort of effect?

Is the clear bra noticable on the car or does it blend in?

Will the stealership install some of this stuff if I pay them extra or try to negotiate with them?

I ll get the illuminated door sills and the iPod kit so far...
the card key is only available for the new LS. one of the Lexus dealer that is close to my house has one and because the salesperson order the wrong part for the customer. So the part department is selling the part to me for at cost because there is a small key that come with the card key and it was cut out for the LS the salesperson order for. part department found out that if they can order a new key and the response they got from Lexus corp is that the key is different design on LS then the IS.
Old 03-24-08, 10:05 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrsardar
the card key is only available for the new LS.
Not true dude. See the link I posted above with a thread that shows the card key can be used for most of the Lexus models.

The only issue will be the manual key (the one used to get into the car if the key fob battery dies). If you get a 2008, then that key will fit into the card key slot.
Old 03-24-08, 08:52 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

What is the best clear bra for the IS-350? I need one ASAP so I can preserve my SGM paintjob...

Also is the Tanabe exhaust practical? I hate exhausts that are way too loud and don't sound natural.

Quick Reply: Accessories for the IS