Accessories for the IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 09:28 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessories for the IS

Hey guys,

Well it seems like I am going to be paying Prestige Lexus a visit on Monday. So now I am starting to look at accessories for my hopefully new IS250. I was looking at the Vaistech iPod device and I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the setup?

Also does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy? I have read most of the topics on the forum that have interested me but I am just making sure I haven’t missed anything.

PS: I love technology…
Old 03-21-08, 09:34 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Remote start, card key from the LS, ipod interface, maybe see if they got any of the F-sport stuff on sale?

For a preview try www.lexus-parts.com.
Old 03-21-08, 09:50 AM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

also some stock items like illuminated door sills and aluminum pedals if you don't have them already.
Old 03-21-08, 09:51 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitley the Red-Out kit!!!
Old 03-21-08, 10:01 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by meefer
Remote start, card key from the LS, ipod interface, maybe see if they got any of the F-sport stuff on sale?

For a preview try www.lexus-parts.com.
There is no remote start for the US 2IS.

The F-sport stuff isn't available for sale yet.
Old 03-21-08, 10:19 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Can anyone link to me where I can buy the card key? What exactly does the red out film do? I mean aren't LED's better for that sort of effect?

Is the clear bra noticable on the car or does it blend in?

Will the stealership install some of this stuff if I pay them extra or try to negotiate with them?

I ll get the illuminated door sills and the iPod kit so far...

Last edited by Zinda; 03-21-08 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-21-08, 11:30 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

Here is the link to Sewell's special pricing on the card key: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322504
Old 03-21-08, 11:51 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I am suprised how ignorant I am towards some of these devices. For the key card I can't use the regular key that they provide at the same time?
Old 03-21-08, 11:55 AM
lexXxus13
Driver

Originally Posted by Zinda
Can anyone link to me where I can buy the card key? What exactly does the red out film do? I mean aren't LED's better for that sort of effect?

Is the clear bra noticable on the car or does it blend in?

Will the stealership install some of this stuff if I pay them extra or try to negotiate with them?

I ll get the illuminated door sills and the iPod kit so far...
The clear bra is not noticeable at all if it is installed right. Ive had mine for a couple months now and it is well worth the money. (Id go full hood though not the 3/8 things)

As far as the stealership - My local shop will install anything purchased from L-tunedparts or LMS or Lextasy.

Red outs cover up the hideous amber plastic for your turn signal. It is one of the easiest and cheapest mods but IMO makes one of the biggest differences.

Also consider HID's (if not already equipped) and smoke out reflectors. Then there is also a list of performance and misc you can do.

Enjoy!! These cars are a blast!
Old 03-21-08, 12:33 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zinda
I am suprised how ignorant I am towards some of these devices. For the key card I can't use the regular key that they provide at the same time?
The card key essentially slims and "pimps" the way you get into the car. It's small enough to fit in your wallet.

Keep in mind one thing though...the key fob that your car came with has the emergency key that will let you in if the proximity access is not working.

If for some reason you get stuck somewhere and the car won't let you in, then you're gonna have to have someone deliver you the original keyfob, which has the manual key.
Old 03-21-08, 12:35 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by myculito
The card key essentially slims and "pimps" the way you get into the car. It's small enough to fit in your wallet.

Keep in mind one thing though...the key fob that your car came with has the emergency key that will let you in if the proximity access is not working.

If for some reason you get stuck somewhere and the car won't let you in, then you're gonna have to have someone deliver you the original keyfob, which has the manual key.
So I can also use my original key and fob while I use this thing?

If so then BUY BUY!
Old 03-21-08, 12:38 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dont forget, there are more than just the normal aftermarket accessories for our cars, in my sig below click on 'my car' to see some JP accessories.
Old 03-21-08, 01:08 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Current List of Crap to Buy:
  • 2 JP Headrests
  • 2 JP Cushions
  • Clearbra
Right now not too sure about the redout as I will check it out when I buy the car. I don't think I will get the iPod cable because it only plays my playlists.

Last edited by Zinda; 03-24-08 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-21-08, 01:30 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by myculito

Well, since you're ordeing a new car ('08), you will have the new one-sided cut key, which the card key has a slot for.
Old 03-21-08, 02:20 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Alright, what is a good tint for a Smoky Granite Mica color car? The reason I ask is because I notice that if the tint is relative to the car it looks very natural.

Quick Reply: Accessories for the IS