IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Christ, more freakin' snow coming, BUT... mileage WAY up!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 07:54 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christ, more freakin' snow coming, BUT... mileage WAY up!!

So another Winter Storm Watch here (6"+ expected tomorrow)... but since it's warming up, my mpg is back to normal. Was around 315-330 miles a tank when the temperature was 20 degress and less (ehhh, about 3 STRAIGHT MONTHS)...now back to 375-400 miles per tank. AMAZING.... hey look, I see a robin.....
Old 03-26-08, 08:11 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
So another Winter Storm Watch here (6"+ expected tomorrow)... but since it's warming up, my mpg is back to normal. Was around 315-330 miles a tank when the temperature was 20 degress and less (ehhh, about 3 STRAIGHT MONTHS)...now back to 375-400 miles per tank. AMAZING.... hey look, I see a robin.....
Yeh,

Were getting hit with ice and freezing rain after midnight!!! It's funny how not only the mileage improves with better weather, but the perfomance is much much better as well. The car is so smooth in warm weather.
Old 03-26-08, 08:26 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Lovin' the weather in Cali
Old 03-26-08, 08:28 AM
sahara78
Driver

Default RWD 6MT in northeast

I opted to get the manual transmission instead of AWD and I'm not looking forward to driving it in the snow. Probably will have to commute by bus if it snows in NY. Naturally, demand for 250 6MTs in the northeast is very low.
Old 03-26-08, 08:37 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
It's funny how not only the mileage improves with better weather, but the perfomance is much much better as well. The car is so smooth in warm weather.
Been having a blast the last 3 days with the warmer weather, but I've been trying and I'm not adjusting to ECT power mode, like normal better.

You're right though... these babies are SMOOOOOOTH on the road. Forgot what it was like since it's been so long.....
Old 03-26-08, 08:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MORE ICE! and snow!!!!!!!!UGH...hopefully it blows past us. With the PS2's on the car now...well i am going no where if we get snow or ice.

we need new roads and nice weather here in IL. cant wait to open this baby up with the nice weather around the corner.
Old 03-26-08, 09:44 AM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

I feel for those in the cold climates. Been there, done that, no thank you.

South Florida weather...>
Old 03-26-08, 09:53 AM
Joneser
Driver

Yeah I hear you guys... I am debating if I will put the Spiders back on later this week after this storm passes through... Got lucky last week by not doing it but I can't control the itch much longer... Getting the shakes.... LOL
Old 03-26-08, 10:43 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joneser
Yeah I hear you guys... I am debating if I will put the Spiders back on later this week after this storm passes through... Got lucky last week by not doing it but I can't control the itch much longer... Getting the shakes.... LOL
Just jump and do it I did...
Old 03-26-08, 11:07 AM
elmerrox
Pole Position

not to brag, but the weather in cali is really nice, 78-82 degrees windows down bumping paperboy "ditty", good times.
Old 03-26-08, 11:16 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elmerrox
not to brag, but the weather in cali is really nice, 78-82 degrees windows down bumping paperboy "ditty", good times.
Man do i remember that song. I liked it when it came out in 1993 I think. It use to play on XM 90's at times. Brings back memories. I jut took a half hour walk and it is very nice out. This is typical for Chicago and the ***** weather to come. The Calm Before the Storm!!!

Yes, it was 93. man I feel old.

Paperboy (rapper)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Paperboy (born Mitchell Johnson in Los Angeles, California) is a 1990s rapper best known for single Ditty, which sampled Zapp's R&B classic Doo Wa Ditty (Blow That Thing) and became a hit after being remixed by DJ/Producer Ben Liebrand. It reached #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 [1]. In 1993 he released the album The Nine Yards which contained 10 tracks, including the platinum certified single Ditty. Rhythm D produced The Nine Yards which was certified gold by the RIAA on June 22, 1993. The single Ditty was certified platinum on May 11, 1993. At the Grammy Awards of 1994 on March 1, 1994, his single "Ditty" was nominated for Best Rap Solo Performance, but was given to Dr. Dre's "Let Me Ride" from The Chronic.

Paperboy's album The Nine Yards was followed by two additional albums: City to City and The Love Never Dies. City to City, an 18 track album, was released in 1996 under the rap label Next Plateau and spawned the hit "P's Cure".

Paperboy's 2004 release titled The Love Never Dies was released under the label Thump Records. The album features Rhythm D, Big Keys, and Battlecat.

He is currently signed to Indie label TTL Records and has a record scheduled to drop later this year.

MERCED, Calif. March 21, 2008-- Grammy-nominated rap artist Mitchell Charles Johnson is in legal trouble again after a traffic stop in Merced.

During a search of the rapper's car, an officer found a small amount of marijuana and a prescription bottle that was not in Johnson's name, Merced police said.

Johnson was booked on misdemeanor charges of marijuana possession and transportation, illegal possession of prescription medication and driving on a suspended license.

The 35-year-old rapper was released after posting $10,000 bail.

Johnson's arrest this week comes after his no-contest plea in October to one felony count of possession for sale of marijuana. That case also came after a traffic stop by Merced police.

During his best days in the hip-hop world, Johnson was known for his song, "Ditty," which garnered him a Grammy nomination for best rap solo performance and a No. 24 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 1993.

[edit] References
^ Billboard.com - Artist Chart History - Paperboy
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperboy_%28rapper%29"
Old 03-26-08, 11:29 AM
Joneser
Driver

Well... at least it wasn't Snow with "informer"...

A-leeky-boom-boom-down!

LOL if that is how it went!?

ooops found it

"Informer" Chorus goes as such... EHEHMMMMM....

Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down.
Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down.
Old 03-26-08, 11:32 AM
Joneser
Driver

Oh and since we are on Cali tip....
This day in music....

1995 - Rapper Eazy-E dies in Los Angeles of AIDS. He is 31. Eazy-E was one of the founders of the pioneering rap group N.W.A. with Ice Cube and Dr. Dre.
Old 03-26-08, 12:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

You guys are making me feel old....
Old 03-26-08, 12:36 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by elmerrox
Haha...I remember jammin' out to that song back in Jr High (talk about old school).

Quick Reply: Christ, more freakin' snow coming, BUT... mileage WAY up!!