IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just picked up my IS250!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 09:07 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL.
Just play with your moonroof and remember the setting with the least noise. Or buy the moonroof wind deflector. Nah.

Fred.
Old 03-31-08, 10:11 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Great choice of color too.
Old 03-31-08, 10:55 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dpash
Very excited! Hi Everyone. Like I said just picked up my IS. Love it so far. However i do have one questions. How come i get so much noise when I open my sunroof? A lot of vibration.

Anyways, my name is Dan, im from Wellington, Florida. This is my first Lexus. Ive had Audi, Acura, BMW, Infiniti, VW and just got out of my Honda S2000. I will dearly miss that car, but its just not practical anymore.

Well, thats me. Hi.

Congrats.

To answer your question, you have to turn the dial to the second-to-last setting, rather than the last setting. The last setting has the moon roof open up completely, but it creates a lot of wind noise. That's why there's the setting before it, which leaves the moon roof open at about 85%... it stops the wind noise. It's all intentional.
Old 03-31-08, 11:13 PM
dpash
Driver School Candidate

wow...a lot of hellos!! Thanks everyone. This forum looks and sounds like its gonna be awesome.

Thank you for the sunroof tips, it was in fact that last setting which i guessed caused air to get between the actual sunroof and the shade. Caused a weird noise/vibration. Funny, I noticed the sunroof as its the first thing i did. Coming from a convertible its gonna take some getting used to. At least people won't complain of background noise (even with top up) when i call them now =)

Well, i couldnt resist and took it out for a quick spin. I want to get through this break through period ASAP so I can start to push it more.

There was a great lease promo at Palm Beach Lexus this weekend. Most of the sales guys were not aware (or so they said!). $375 + Sign and drive.
I think thats a good deal, but knowing my luck it probably was your standard Lexus deal.

I did not get anything too fancy. I have nav and other frills in my other car, so just wanted something half way decent. I think the only thing I got extra was Auto transmission and upgraded to 18's. They told me the promo was for a white with beige interior, manual, and 17's. Seeing as its the end of the month I used that to my advantage and got the auto and wheels for only 10 bucks more a month.

Im going to be a complete nerd now and bust out the IS250 bible that came with the car and pour through that.

Thanks everyone and ill post some pics hopefully tomorrow.
Old 04-01-08, 08:47 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpash
wow...a lot of hellos!! Thanks everyone. This forum looks and sounds like its gonna be awesome.

Thank you for the sunroof tips, it was in fact that last setting which i guessed caused air to get between the actual sunroof and the shade. Caused a weird noise/vibration. Funny, I noticed the sunroof as its the first thing i did. Coming from a convertible its gonna take some getting used to. At least people won't complain of background noise (even with top up) when i call them now =)

Well, i couldnt resist and took it out for a quick spin. I want to get through this break through period ASAP so I can start to push it more.

There was a great lease promo at Palm Beach Lexus this weekend. Most of the sales guys were not aware (or so they said!). $375 + Sign and drive.
I think thats a good deal, but knowing my luck it probably was your standard Lexus deal.

I did not get anything too fancy. I have nav and other frills in my other car, so just wanted something half way decent. I think the only thing I got extra was Auto transmission and upgraded to 18's. They told me the promo was for a white with beige interior, manual, and 17's. Seeing as its the end of the month I used that to my advantage and got the auto and wheels for only 10 bucks more a month.

Im going to be a complete nerd now and bust out the IS250 bible that came with the car and pour through that.

Thanks everyone and ill post some pics hopefully tomorrow.
Welcome to Club Lexus. Yes, the second to the last setting is much more enjoyable (in regards to wind noise). I once had a convertable as well and much rather have the 2gen IS sunroof, no vinyl top to clean (LOL).
Old 04-01-08, 09:19 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

congrats Dan!
Old 04-01-08, 10:42 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL!! (Make sure when the "MOD BUG" bites you, it bites you in the *** and not the Wallet lol.

Enjoy your new whip.

BTW, Im Richie
And I DO NOT have an ISX50 yet...so I guess that means im a poser
Old 04-01-08, 11:25 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Welcome. Congrats on the new car! I would miss a Honda S2000 too if I had one.