IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS-F Bumper Direct Fit to 250

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 07:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Thanks Bro, When's the Dragon again???
Not sure. The big Charlotte meet is now the first week in May though.

First off, I am not flaming the OP. I have said in a mature manner what I believe is the proper way to do things. As a Lexus owner before the IS was even created, I tend to see things differently than most here.

From a purist standpoint, you DO NOT put a "F" body part on your car if its not an "F". Now if Lexus begins selling like an "F sport" kit, just like the IS-F, fine.

Until then, they sell a lip/side skirt and rear bumper appliqué.

There is FUNCTION involved here gals and guys. The IS-F has a larger bumper b/c
1. It is longer to fit the bigger engine,dual intakes etc
2. The engine needs more air to breathe, thus the bigger air intakes.

No where have I made a derogatory comment about his choice. I said it is his choice.

See, I was taught the right way by the older guys in the GS forum, who helped guide me to the light. The darkside is a very powerful force, especially with modding. My duty to to uphold being a super-moderator, while trying to guide people to do things the way Mr. Suzuki would have intended.

That is just my 2 cents. And if you ARE going to add "F" parts, please have a drop/rims and the whole kit and kaboodle. (how do u spell that lol).

Old 04-07-08, 07:55 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

First off, I am not flaming the OP. I have said in a mature manner what I believe is the proper way to do things. As a Lexus owner before the IS was even created, I tend to see things differently than most here.
I wasn't trying to single anyone out for their comments. In fact, I even used the word "we" in my comments. So, if I offended anyone, then I apologize. I was trying to point out the fact that this is a message forum to promote the culture, not to bash someone for their opinion, but I may have gone overboard myself.

With that said, can I make a HUGE recommendation that should be a rule for the message forum: when someone asks a technical question, we give a technical answer, and unless they ask "what do you think," we leave our opinions out of it.

It's ridiculous that people always put their opinions in as to what looks good and what doesn't, instead of focusing on the modification itself. It's happened numerous times before (I'm probably guilty of it myself), and it's annoying when you have to sift through tons of opinions just to get an answer to the question. Not to mention that it makes the forum look bad, and it makes people not want to post their questions for fear of scrutiny.

edit: I can put this in the suggestions section if needed.

Last edited by mikes rx; 04-07-08 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 08:12 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why people always criticize people who would like to put IS-F parts to their IS? If it is a fit then why not? Just an enhancement to the car and not hurting anyone feelings right?
Old 04-08-08, 01:00 AM
Ryster46
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The bumper won't fit for sure, but no matter what is said in this thread, it is his car and he can do what he wants, another thing, eventually, someone is going to have this bumper on a non F car that's fur sure.
Old 04-09-08, 09:53 PM
Sh0gunkid
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to bring this back from the dead...but i am against the idea of putting this front bumper on a non IS-F, but what's the difference between swapping IS-F bumper and an IS-F taillight? Most people say it looks awesome to swap in an IS-F taillight, however it is a bad idea to swap in the front bumper. Whats the difference??? Same thing in my opinion.
Old 04-09-08, 10:27 PM
702/350
Driver

Originally Posted by JCIS250RWD
wow....... All i asked was for a fitments question and in 1 day i have a 2 page thread bashing me. For all of you who have bashed me let me support myself. i am able to get the front bumper and have it painted for cheaper than any of the kits out there. I also like the way it looks. I would never debage and try and put F labels on the car. This is a $40,000 not a $5,000 civic. I know much better than that. It would be the same thing as me getting a full front bumper as a body kit just i like this bumper better than any that are available at this time.
Exactly, the front bumper's sweet!Stand up and shout ! Would ya'll flame him if it was from Toms and the -F never existed? NOPE! You'd all have one .
Old 04-10-08, 12:19 AM
Chadley6mt
Driver

Originally Posted by suicidesam

98 Accord G35 coupe tails, S14 headlights...Gross.. i think im gonna thow up .
Old 08-23-08, 08:34 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Default lol

if its "HONDA ACCORD" leave it as a honda!!! trade in or do something.. HALF HALF MY A**!! For the 250 turing into the IS-F.. just the intake please!
Old 08-23-08, 08:50 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

WOW to those pics of that weird lookin car with the infiniti back!
Old 08-23-08, 09:14 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

i'm not going to bash you, i think if you like it, go for it. but as others have said it won't be a direct fit. you'll need the new front grill, the bumper, and front fenders to make it flush and i'm not sure if the hood will line up correctly with the front grill.

also the bumper underpinnings might be different to hold the larger IS-F bumper into place. not to mention the work needed to wire up the fog lights and making it all work correctly.

but if i were you and had the time and money, the new IS-F front bumper with a custom widebody kit will look good. basically the fenders will stick out slightly and then line up flush with the door and do the same in the rear creating a smooth transition. it'd be a VERY slight wide body but it'd look cool. though i haven't drawn out a picture so it might be kind of hard for you to understand what i'm saying and the measurements needed to make the panels probably won't end up right but it'd be cool if you did it.

i do agree the IS-F front bumper looks good but i feel it sticks out too much (too much of a front overhang). one of the designs of the IS250/350 front bumper designs i liked were the relatively large front air vents and the short overhang.

anyway if you ARE able to do it, do update us good luck!
Old 08-23-08, 09:15 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

holy old thread revival batman!
Old 08-23-08, 09:46 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wasnt there some korean company that made an IS-F replica looking kit a while back.. complete kit.. front bumper, fenders, sideskirts, rear bumper, hood.. i think it even had some LED lights in the fender grill if i remember correctly..
Old 08-24-08, 04:38 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

I am with Mikes RX. People with a regular E46 put M3 body kit and M3 owners get CSL kits and they dont bash each other... whats up with this forum?

I just noticed that Phil888 bumped this 6 months old thread -.- , I wonder if he was really that bored...
Old 08-24-08, 04:50 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said before, if I want IS-F parts, I would get the shiftknob, tails, trunk spoiler, or maybe the Hood lol

anything else is kinda too much for me, I don't want my slow car look like an IS-F. thats my opinion.
Old 08-24-08, 08:34 AM
LexFather

Gonna close this, I think all that that needed to be said was said.