IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Do You Check Out Other Is's
Yes
90.91%
No
9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

What do you do when you see another 2IS driver on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-06, 09:00 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always look to see who's driving because I'm curious what type of drivers buy the same car as me. Living in So Cal, I see a ton of 250 and 350's around but for all the times that I've looked over, the other driver never looks at me. If they had, I would consider smiling at them or giving the sign.

Does anyone know how we can get a CL decal?
Old 05-31-06, 09:04 PM
PinoyBruin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I want a CL decal too!
Old 05-31-06, 09:06 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I always look to see who's driving because I'm curious what type of drivers buy the same car as me. Living in So Cal, I see a ton of 250 and 350's around but for all the times that I've looked over, the other driver never looks at me. If they had, I would consider smiling at them or giving the sign.
That's sad!

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Does anyone know how we can get a CL decal?
Yea I want to know as well!........
Old 05-31-06, 09:07 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by C280to250
This car is SEXY in every angle except the Rear end looking at it head on... Looks like a BOX!
I completely diagree. I think the rear of the car is the best part about its design, especially looking at it head on. That tall, boxy look with those extended tail lights is absolutely perfect.
Old 05-31-06, 09:30 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

A CL licence plate frame would be cool... I'd buy one.
Old 05-31-06, 10:01 PM
Kavistar
Rookie

Originally Posted by C280to250
This car is SEXY in every angle except the Rear end looking at it head on... Looks like a BOX!
The main thing I did not like about the new IS was the rear taillights. Straight on from the back it looked good, but the way they bubble out so much I didn't like. But they are growing on me. From straight on the back looks pretty tough/intimidating to me

If I see another IS on the road I definately check it out to see what my car looks like driving down the road, if the owner looks over at me I would give a slight nod. Just as long as nothing turns into "It's a Jeep Thing".....I would contemplate selling my car.....ok, maybe not, but I would definately never wave.....
Old 05-31-06, 10:13 PM
mikewpu04
Driver

Originally Posted by WhoDat
We are all one big happy family here at Club Lexus....right? We Give advice, take advice add a helping where ever it may be needed....but truly, on the streets if you saw someone driving another IS 250 or 350....do you ignore them, peep there car for mods, give a thumb up, wave and say hi....or just ignore him/her?

I looked real quick at another driver today with a Balck 350.....and ignored the rest of the time.....why did I do that? I have no idea.

Fess up people!
I agree theres a lot of helpful people here, but I would say there are a lot of people who are quick to flame you and/or say something sarcastic if you post something that is a newbie question/been discussed, etc.

Actually, I had this question in my own head once. I will give a thumbs up to people and usually get a honk or some other positive response. I enjoy it, because I feel hey we have something in common. Its one of the great things in life.
Old 06-01-06, 04:07 PM
keeeeez
Pole Position

DRIVING - Ist thing I look for is RIMS and a drop. If they have those, then I try and see who's driving. I never give props, as then the owner will surely know I was checking out their car.

Parked, where the owner is near the car - If they have mods (Rims, Tires, Etc). Then I give props and just talk to them.

hmm... I exhibit strange behavior
Old 06-01-06, 04:21 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikewpu04
I agree theres a lot of helpful people here, but I would say there are a lot of people who are quick to flame you and/or say something sarcastic if you post something that is a newbie question/been discussed, etc.
I think there is more ego in this forum compared to others. That's why I'm careful not to **** of anyone. And if someone is being sarcastic, I don't let it get to me anyway. I'm a member of a Mercedes Benz forum and people are more diplomatic. Totally diffent type of mentality. Still, I am greatful for this forum since I learn a lot of things, good and bad.
Old 06-01-06, 07:47 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

I usually pull my shirt up and plaster my nipple to the window, that usually gets their attention.
Old 06-01-06, 08:17 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CHIS350
I usually pull my shirt up and plaster my nipple to the window, that usually gets their attention.
Oh my god that was you!!!

Okay just kidding . . .
Old 06-01-06, 09:40 PM
Kavistar
Rookie

Originally Posted by CHIS350
So you yell "Oh Billy" at the same time right?
Old 06-01-06, 09:51 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

once i saw a 250 same color as mine but with no spoiler...i drove right by it so she could see me...she then pulled up beside me as i was about to take an exit..and we both simultaniusly waved at each other....
Old 06-02-06, 04:04 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kavistar
So you yell "Oh Billy" at the same time right?
LMAO!!!!!!
Old 06-02-06, 06:37 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Default Wave, Its easy

Originally Posted by casey225
Haven't seen one around here yet. I know for a fact there is only one other 350 in the area from my local dealer. They've sold several 250's though. If in the situation, I'd take a quick glance as I was approaching, before they could see me looking, but, as I passed, would look straight ahead and out of the corner of my eye, see if they check me out.

Well I guess none of you have a Jeep or a Motorcycle. You ever hear of the 'Jeep Wave'? I even wave at the Square headlight Jeep wranglers. Its cool.

I always wave on the bike. Generally get one back too. I always thought is was the southern thing to do. But HD is trying to end the bike wave, by teaching at the dealership, new purchasers not to wave at any other bike they may meet on the road.

Casey, if you see another blue IS350, with VA state seal tags, by god, you better wave! Going to Abingdon soon to the Barter Theater.
I'm secure in my masculinity, I'll wave
Try it , you'll like it.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you see another 2IS driver on the road?