IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

run in with a charger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08, 08:46 PM
sblue
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run in with a charger?

Has anyone had a run in with a charger (non srt)? I posted a story in the race/enthusiast section.. looking for some insight on my run in with one as this section gets more traffic?
Old 04-11-08, 09:05 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sblue
Has anyone had a run in with a charger (non srt)? I posted a story in the race/enthusiast section.. looking for some insight on my run in with one as this section gets more traffic?
not sure what your story was.. but you should of blown the doors off it.. if ur in an IS350
Old 04-11-08, 09:12 PM
sblue
Rookie

So today i happend to be at an intersection lined up with a dodge charger (hemi non srt) rolled down my window and asked if he wanted to go for a run he gave the nod. so i look in my rearview mirrow no one behind us look to my left at the other side of the intersection was a cop getting ready to make a turn (opposite of the diriection were going to go) then a big truck pulls to the left of me so i cant see if the cop is still there? the light turns green and this guys blows ahead like a bat out of hell, i on the other hand hit the gas at normal acceleration until i can pass the truck to the left of me and check for the cop? he was gone so i then mash the gas and by this time this guy was 2 cars on me. i catch up to his rear bumper by at least 60 and maintaned gaining no ground until about 85 and started to creep on him and thats when we let off.. I was super bummed but at the same time thinking rather be safe then sorry. i'm sure this guy just thought he gave me the spanking of a life. when the reality of it is, he was 1/2 way accross the intersection before i mashed it. it's been eating me up all day to see what the outcome would of been if i mashed it when he did? oh well .. anyone else know what the outcome would of been if we lined up and mashed it at the same time?

(copied and pasted)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-11-08, 09:45 PM
Giggity
Pole Position

Go to any charger/300m forum- they all agree that with the hemi they have a 10 second motor trying to push the queen mary.
From a dead stop, a 350 will smoke a charger, from rolling start its a close one.
Old 04-11-08, 11:41 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i think...

you need to keep the racing OFF the streets. bad stuff happens w/ stunts like that.

you also need to find a friend/relative that drives a charger and run'em at the drag strip. don't endanger your life and the lives of others trying to find out who's faster.
Old 04-12-08, 05:04 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

HAHA...Thought this post was for a phone charger or a car battery charger and the OP was attacked or something Should make the title better
Old 04-12-08, 07:47 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

lol passnu2. I wish I could even keep up with any of the other lexus
Old 04-12-08, 09:50 AM
sblue
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
HAHA...Thought this post was for a phone charger or a car battery charger and the OP was attacked or something Should make the title better

made me laugh thinking about that?
Old 04-12-08, 10:28 AM
is350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

was it a based v6 or the RT v8?
Old 04-12-08, 10:34 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sblue
made me laugh thinking about that?