IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 08:30 AM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Javier,

That sucks man. Glad you're ok. The front end looks really messed up compared to the front.

Good luck with everything.
Old 04-13-08, 08:37 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Wow, that sucks happy your ok though. remember, go to the doctor!!!! dont play with your back man!! that is the worst pain.

On an upside i would feel very safe in an accident in our cars the crumple zones seem to work really well!
Old 04-13-08, 08:37 AM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry about your accident Javier.

Have your back checked out for sure. The only reason i on an IS is because it is comfortable for me to sit in due to my back problems. 2 ruptured disc and no feeling in either legs.

Glad you and snoopy survied to fight another day.
Old 04-13-08, 08:42 AM
josh250
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude sorry to here about that is everyone OK. Also about you had 3 accidents before that to, that car might be a little unlucky
Old 04-13-08, 09:16 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it! I'm going to go see a doctor Monday, just to get myself checked out. I'm actually surprised at how calm I was about the whole thing. I never really got upset at all - just a little bummed. As I have my morning coffee, I'm just planning out all the stuff I have to do today. After I get off the phone with the insurance company, I'll be taking everything I possibly can off my car - wheels, jdm window visors, cf inserts, etc... I tried to open the hood to get my painted engine cover, but it's jammed shut. I'll have to figure something out to get it outta there.

Originally Posted by BUST
I really hate seeing crashed 2IS, hurts my eyes! But glad ur ok.. GFM is gonna be so hard to match. By the way, is that a carbon fibre insert on your L logo?
Yup, and it's coming off today.

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Oyy..I've had some pretty bad luck w/ accidents as well man. At least you're okay and everything seems to be cosmetic and not structural so your car should be just fine.

Hopefully you didn't destroy that black pearl front "L" emblem 'cause I think you JUST sold those to somebody..haha
Yeah, I'm glad I took those emblems off before this happened! The emblems you see on the rear of my car are my custom-painted 'Pearl Black' emblems. Now that you mention it, I should take those off before I bring the car in too.

Originally Posted by josh250
dude sorry to here about that is everyone OK. Also about you had 3 accidents before that to, that car might be a little unlucky
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think this too. Why can't people stop hitting my car?!?!

Thanks again everybody for being such a supportive community! Now I just hope I can get a Prius rental, because with gas at $4.00/gal...

Javier
Old 04-13-08, 09:24 AM
StarfireIS
Driver School Candidate

Default Sorry about your car...

Javy,

Glad that you're alright, but that really stinks about your car. Ever feel like the more you try to take care of something the bigger a target it becomes?

My wife just got her car back on the 1st from the repair shop after we were rear ended too, but not nearly as bad. Just start focussing on how good you'll feel when it's fixed and you'll maybe feel a little better.
Old 04-13-08, 09:29 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sheesh... you've seem to run in a bit of bad luck with that car... i think it may be time to reconsider something while the car is still "new"

make sure you take off them JDM visors........ and sell them to me
Old 04-13-08, 11:49 AM
TEN TIL 4
Rookie

wow, glad you are ok! It's painfull to see these pics of your hot car!!!
Old 04-13-08, 12:38 PM
Hakaida
Driver

Its good that you are ok. It pains me to see what happened to your car. I am sure your car will be back and better than before in no time.
Old 04-13-08, 01:11 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Ay carumba! Sorry about your misfortune, Javy. Hope the dr. will take care of you and Snoopy.
Old 04-13-08, 01:15 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dude, let's kill her? jk. don't forget the shift ****
Old 04-13-08, 01:38 PM
Hakaida
Driver

Sorry double post.
Old 04-13-08, 01:46 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Javy, sorry to hear what happen to the car, im glad ur ok though!!
Old 04-13-08, 03:46 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

When I got rear-ended last year, I also saw it comming before it happend too(It rained the night before and the roads were slippery and I already noticed cars not adjusting to the road conditions) but luckly the car that hit me from behind didn't push me into the car in front of me. I was lucky to have enough space in front of me so I didn't hit the person in front of me.

I know what you mean though... I saw traffic in front of me comming to sudden stop, so I ease on the break to slow down and the traffic behind me was already speeding because two lanes were merging into one because of road construction. So as I slow down I can see the cars still comming up with speed and I can sense it... I hear the SCREECH! and you just get the feeling of OH NO... A car saw it to late, hit the breaks, and crashed into the car in behind me who was already so close to hitting me (from tailing me for no damn reason), and that car was pushed into my rear bumper....I just got a scuff on my bumper and ended up getting it repainted at no cost to me.

But it just sucks... I just got a scuff and I just hated it... I can't imagine how it must be for you.

Some times being a defensive driver just isn't enough...
Old 04-13-08, 03:58 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Bumpers of the newer cars these days don't do nearly as good a job at protecting the car as the old rubbery plastic ones did. I'm sorry to hear about the incident, Javier. Hopefully the repair will turn out ok for you.

Quick Reply: $#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!