Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that hurts man. im sorry to hear, hope your ok
Old 04-14-08, 10:14 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
How's your back? Did the doctor give you a ?
he told me today that he is looking for a B-cup sized X-ray tech to go to.
Old 04-14-08, 10:34 PM
VF84
Pole Position

man, sucks huh javy? i share ur pain. oh well, i had a round of 3-some as well. first one happened to my wagon. it was sooo slow, no damage to front car, wrecked hood and cracked radiator & mount. how come this happens so often? front of car is massively damaged. rear of other car has minimal. sheesh

second was wifey's tsx ran over by commercial van, we weren't even moving. third was the 2IS window break-in that cost well over 4k at insurance company's expense.

and just like u, i got to know my repair shop really really well (well, more like re-acquainted from 10 yrs past hahaha)

btw, did the brakes upgrade ever get completed?
Old 04-15-08, 06:40 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hapaboy
Really? Where do I sign up for that?

Terrance
Old 04-15-08, 08:11 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

my back is fine, so lemme know if the ladies you've been seeing need anything.
HaHaHaHa!
Old 04-15-08, 09:42 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
How's your back? Did the doctor give you a ?
I went yesterday, he said everything looks good except for the swelling of my back muscles. I'm going in for x-rays today to make sure everything is okay.
Nate, get it right. I said "AT LEAST" a B-cup.

Javier
Old 04-15-08, 11:34 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hope all goes well...
Old 04-15-08, 12:32 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude javy i hate to see your car like that! im glad youre ok and i feel for you man. la traffic is terrible...
Old 04-15-08, 03:29 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

wow man tough luck =( sorry to hear about the accident

gotta notice and love though the difference in picture 4.. the beautiful modded (now smashed) IS still leaves ample room from the curb to protect the rims.. the CRV that was bad enough to smash into your back also calmly scrapes its hubcaps along the curb =)
Old 04-15-08, 03:38 PM
kiddolay
Rookie

Sorry to hear about the accident man. Its good to hear that you are okay.
Old 04-15-08, 04:08 PM
cheappc
Driver

Hey Javy

How do you like Long Lexus Collision?, they just finished my car, and I wasnt too happy, they painted the inside of the grill (the radiator holder), and and screwed up really bad.

The service department took over my case (Debbie, Service Manager), and she was awesome, but their collision center, well, I dont know.. What do you think?
Old 04-22-08, 05:37 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

^I was happy with the job they did on my car last time, so I brought my car to them again without hesitation. The paint match was excellent, which is saying something on a Glacier Frost Mica car...

Ok, so here's an update:

After spending the entirety of last week on the phone with what seemed like every insurance company on Earth, my car finally wound up in the shop late Tuesday of last week. When I pulled into Longo Collision, I could already see some familiar faces holding back laughter, and I couldn't help but laugh a bit myself. My car was in the same body shop for the second time in months, and both times my car was at a standstill when struck. Oh well, at least this time someone else's insurance is gonna pay for it - or so I thought...

On a follow up phone call to the CR-V's insurance company, I was told that there was some "dispute as to liability." (What exactly the dispute is, I don't know - I was stopped, she hit me. End of story... ) Anyway, in the meantime I've been seeing a chiropractor for the back pain I've had since the accident, and I'm meeting with an attorney later this week since her insurance is being so nice...

To solve my current needs for transportation, I walked a whole 20 steps across the office at Longo Collision to Enterprise, where I told the clerk, "I want the most fuel-efficient and un-American thing you have." His response was, "Lemme see if we have a Prius." So for the time being, I'm pimpin' a 2008 Toyota Prius. Looks like I'll be driving a Toyota to ToyotaFest!

Despite looking like something out of a Scooby-Doo cartoon, the Prius is actually quite nice on the inside. It just feels like you're driving a microwave down the street. Fit and finish, road noise, and build quality are all light years ahead of the crap-tastic Ford Fusion I was stuck with last year. In fact, I like it so much that I've started attending the local Prius meets, joined Greenpeace, and started shopping at Whole Foods...

Ok, ok, I'm just kidding - there just happened to be a Prius owner at our local Friday night meet, so of course I had to take a picture... But seriously, it's hard to complain about this car when gas is over $4/gal in southern california, and I'm getting over 50 MPG's outta this beast!!!

So Friday, I drove the Prius to check up on my gas guzzler of an IS350. When they took me to the tear-down area, it looked like someone had just died in a hospital emergency room. There were parts spread all over the floor, the entire front end was missing from my car, and there was radiator fluid everywhere. As it turns out, the collision with the Saturn in front of me was hard enough to push back EVERYTHING on the front end, causing the horns and surrounding supports to puncture the radiator. To make a long diagnosis short, basically everything on the front end of the car has to be replaced, with the exception of the driver side fender. EVERYTHING, as in in bumper, bumper cover, bumper support, upper and lower grilles, headlights, horns, radiator support, radiator, condenser, fender linings, hood, hood dampers, upper cowl... EVERYTHING. And that's just the front. The rear is nice and flat thanks to that CR-V... Thankfully, there's no frame damage.

Soooooo, how much do you think the estimate come in at? A whopping $12,453. And 68 cents. Considering the value of my car is somewhere in the $28,000 range, we weren't too far from a total loss. Which is good, since I have absolutely no desire to buy a new car right now. I like my car, and since I had already planned on buying a motorcycle later this year, I won't be driving it that much anyway.

So, that's about all I can come up with for now. The battle goes on, and hopefully it won't take too long to get my car back.

Javier
Old 04-22-08, 05:47 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Ouch you should go slap the insurance agent of the CRV. Hope you get your car back soon. So at the next meet are you going to be doing donuts in the Prius?
Old 04-22-08, 06:03 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

haha i laughed when you said u started shopping at whole foods.

and the whole driving a microwave down the street hahah!
Old 04-22-08, 06:05 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Its not suppose to be a microwave its suppose to be a cheese wedge

dont you remember the Honda commercial?

wow seems like there was some major damages! At least you get to save some gas with the new ride

Quick Reply: $#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!