IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 06:51 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for $12,453.68 i hope you have a happy ending.
Old 04-22-08, 06:52 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Despite looking like something out of a Scooby-Doo cartoon, the Prius is actually quite nice on the inside. It just feels like you're driving a microwave down the street. Fit and finish, road noise, and build quality are all light years ahead of the crap-tastic Ford Fusion I was stuck with last year. In fact, I like it so much that I've started attending the local Prius meets, joined Greenpeace, and started shopping at Whole Foods...
I love the Prius. At the time, I almost got one back in '04 instead of my Solara. I ended up not getting it against my dad's "fear of new technology," even though he works for Toyota and knows about their reliability.

In all honesty, if I would have gotten it, I probably would have not traded it for my IS350. I probably would have kept it due to my crazy commute through the 405 Freeway, being gas efficient and carpool-lane worthy.

But alas, I am now addicted to CL...
Old 04-22-08, 07:00 PM
inwood
Lead Lap

Everytime I see a Prius on the road, I rev my engine to let them know that i'm hurting the environment.
Old 04-22-08, 07:11 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

^HAHAHAHA!!! I wish I could frame that post...

Javier
Old 04-22-08, 09:10 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inwood
Everytime I see a Prius on the road, I rev my engine to let them know that i'm hurting the environment.
wow.

i had to quote that just because.

I think imma sig that...
Old 04-22-08, 09:57 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

whasamatterwithyou, you tree-hugging greenpeace member?! lol.

it looks like you don't have the cali carpool exemption stickers on your prius rental.
Old 04-23-08, 12:44 AM
Extreme437
Pole Position

Javier...so sorry to see these pictures bro. I hope youre ok and you recover back to normal. As for the car, major bummer! Best of luck getting it back to normal. I hope all goes well
Old 04-23-08, 12:58 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by inwood
haha...don't bag on the Prius...I used to own one..until it got totaled...now I drive an IS-F...lol...at least I don't have to pay gas guzzler charge on it...but wow...going from 45-50mpg to 18-24mpg is gonna hurt...
Old 04-23-08, 06:44 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
^I was happy with the job they did on my car last time, so I brought my car to them again without hesitation. The paint match was excellent, which is saying something on a Glacier Frost Mica car...

Ok, so here's an update:

After spending the entirety of last week on the phone with what seemed like every insurance company on Earth, my car finally wound up in the shop late Tuesday of last week. When I pulled into Longo Collision, I could already see some familiar faces holding back laughter, and I couldn't help but laugh a bit myself. My car was in the same body shop for the second time in months, and both times my car was at a standstill when struck. Oh well, at least this time someone else's insurance is gonna pay for it - or so I thought...

On a follow up phone call to the CR-V's insurance company, I was told that there was some "dispute as to liability." (What exactly the dispute is, I don't know - I was stopped, she hit me. End of story... ) Anyway, in the meantime I've been seeing a chiropractor for the back pain I've had since the accident, and I'm meeting with an attorney later this week since her insurance is being so nice...

To solve my current needs for transportation, I walked a whole 20 steps across the office at Longo Collision to Enterprise, where I told the clerk, "I want the most fuel-efficient and un-American thing you have." His response was, "Lemme see if we have a Prius." So for the time being, I'm pimpin' a 2008 Toyota Prius. Looks like I'll be driving a Toyota to ToyotaFest!

Despite looking like something out of a Scooby-Doo cartoon, the Prius is actually quite nice on the inside. It just feels like you're driving a microwave down the street. Fit and finish, road noise, and build quality are all light years ahead of the crap-tastic Ford Fusion I was stuck with last year. In fact, I like it so much that I've started attending the local Prius meets, joined Greenpeace, and started shopping at Whole Foods...

Ok, ok, I'm just kidding - there just happened to be a Prius owner at our local Friday night meet, so of course I had to take a picture... But seriously, it's hard to complain about this car when gas is over $4/gal in southern california, and I'm getting over 50 MPG's outta this beast!!!

So Friday, I drove the Prius to check up on my gas guzzler of an IS350. When they took me to the tear-down area, it looked like someone had just died in a hospital emergency room. There were parts spread all over the floor, the entire front end was missing from my car, and there was radiator fluid everywhere. As it turns out, the collision with the Saturn in front of me was hard enough to push back EVERYTHING on the front end, causing the horns and surrounding supports to puncture the radiator. To make a long diagnosis short, basically everything on the front end of the car has to be replaced, with the exception of the driver side fender. EVERYTHING, as in in bumper, bumper cover, bumper support, upper and lower grilles, headlights, horns, radiator support, radiator, condenser, fender linings, hood, hood dampers, upper cowl... EVERYTHING. And that's just the front. The rear is nice and flat thanks to that CR-V... Thankfully, there's no frame damage.

Soooooo, how much do you think the estimate come in at? A whopping $12,453. And 68 cents. Considering the value of my car is somewhere in the $28,000 range, we weren't too far from a total loss. Which is good, since I have absolutely no desire to buy a new car right now. I like my car, and since I had already planned on buying a motorcycle later this year, I won't be driving it that much anyway.

So, that's about all I can come up with for now. The battle goes on, and hopefully it won't take too long to get my car back.

Javier
Is it an option in your state to have your insurance pay for all of this stuff including your medical? In IL we call this "subrogation" where you are not at fault but your insurance will pay for all the damages and then go after the guilty party. This does not hurt your insurance or make your rates go up. I would suggest this if its an option as you pay for your insurance company to take care of these things. Less of a headache for you and work!! The one thing is that you will not be able to go after them guilty party for $$ or anything if you take this route (at least its like this in IL). I know you want your car back and all this behind you and I really suggest that you look into this with your insurance "unless" you plan to go after the CRV driver legally. If the Insurance company goes after them you have no expense for this!! If you have the attorney they will not pay for anything so more out of your pocket! (again I am basing this off IL and I cant imagine its that far off if any in your state)

Like I emailed you let me know if I can help get you answers, look over something for you, ect...I would be more then happy to help you out.

Nice loaner

OT..What kind of motorcycle are you looking into?

Mike
Old 04-23-08, 08:31 AM
truoutkast
Pole Position

javy sorry about your car. i know it is a late response but i haven't been on CL for awhile and man that **** sux........dont feel bad.....i've been into 11 accidents in 3 years. and none of them were my fault. hope that made you feel better. i feel like i spent more tiem driving a rental than I do drive my own.
Old 04-23-08, 09:18 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by truoutkast
javy sorry about your car. i know it is a late response but i haven't been on CL for awhile and man that **** sux........dont feel bad.....i've been into 11 accidents in 3 years. and none of them were my fault. hope that made you feel better. i feel like i spent more tiem driving a rental than I do drive my own.
Haha, this is the feeling I know all too well. I think I'm gonna apply to Motor Trend as a car reviewer...

Javier
Old 04-26-08, 10:12 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

wow man im real sorry to hear that bro!

david
Old 04-26-08, 01:08 PM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your situation....Feel better. Your car is sik sorry it had to be this way...
Old 05-19-08, 08:57 AM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of Rims are those. They look great! Sorry to see what happened to your car.
Old 05-19-08, 12:59 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^ 20" Volk Racing GT-7 in Diamond Black.

Javier

Quick Reply: $#!@%*& - The Sequel!!!