IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Second thoughts about is350

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 03:49 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Why did they invented the word "unfortunate"? cos it cases like this that it gets used
Old 04-16-08, 03:51 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus69
Sounds like your not offerring the whole story here. A "rattle" problem and you're done with the car and brand? I'm sensing a serious case of buyer's remorse. You'll find out soon enough that your options at this point are highly limited. The dealer will rape you on a buyback. Not likely to do that much better this early in the private market either (your car isn't "new" enough for those looking to buy a fresh one, and not "used" enough for those looking to buy after someone else has taken the depreciation hit). If you made a decent down payment, you may be lucky and find someone to assume your "attractive" monthly finance payments, but then you'd be out the up-front money.

Alternatively, get a grip, communicate your concerns to your dealer, don't accept anything less than a completely satisfactory resolution to those concerns, and enjoy what is by far one of the best cars-for-the-money out there, bar none!

Just sayin'...
... yep....
Old 04-16-08, 04:24 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

After a couple visits to the Stealer (couple rattles) the IS350 has become a "GREAT" vehicle! Give them a chance to make good. I have no more rattles.

Koz
Old 04-16-08, 07:05 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

My Mitsubishi has so many rattles, that when I get my IS350 im going to be so use to rattles its not even going to bother me.

Now THAT! is a sad fact of my life lol.
Old 04-16-08, 07:37 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't be an idiot.. i just got a new volvo and that damn thing has way more little issues than the IS WAYYYY more!!! Chances are anything you buy is going to have something stupid going on with it. Just get it fixed and stop being a boohoo cry baby.
Old 04-16-08, 08:14 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

to the OP: IMO you're being overly sensitive to the fact that your first big purchase isn't living up to your expectations. don't let one or two rattle issues (commonplace issues, might i add) deter you from being a future lexus owner.
Old 04-16-08, 08:23 AM
orbital817
Rookie

Originally Posted by ba-b4
Don't be an idiot.. i just got a new volvo and that damn thing has way more little issues than the IS WAYYYY more!!! Chances are anything you buy is going to have something stupid going on with it. Just get it fixed and stop being a boohoo cry baby.
I don't think there is a need to be childish about the original posters concerns. He purchased a high-end car that prides its brand on quality. I understand you guys are a tad bit biased since you own one......but name calling? Grow up a little bit.

A rattle/squeak in a brand new 40K car with only 1300 miles can be just as annoying as electrical problems in german cars that I hear so many people on here complain about why they don't like german cars.
Old 04-16-08, 08:26 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

I hate it when people say 'All new cars have rattles'; it is total BS. Just because you have never had a car without rattles, don't make generalizations about all cars....because some of us have had better.

Edit: And the fewer people that are unhappy and complaining about the quality, the less likely Lexus will feel the need to fix it in the next generation.

Last edited by FiveOhNine; 04-16-08 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-16-08, 08:31 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I agree, if we are all going to be spending 35K+ on a new Lexus, the OP is 100% right. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY RATTLES.
Old 04-16-08, 08:31 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ba-b4

i dont think his expectations were met... as mine were not either but, if youre buying a "class" car, and even tho its entry level he/she can and should be able to complain as much as they want.
Old 04-16-08, 09:08 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

I believe all cars are prone to some default....but you are still ahead of the game with the Lexus...if you like to keep your cars long term...the Lexus will payoff down the road.
Old 04-16-08, 09:17 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me help you guys out a bit. I had the same rattles and would not have bothered bringing it in until one member posted a TSIB for the fix and one TSIB for the seat squeak which started to drive me nuts. My dealer said they were very familiar with these issue and installed a "Noise Kit" in the dash (basically some felt clips and padding) and replaced a seat clip. My car has never rattled since. I think you will be fine with having this rectified. My 96 Altima 12 years ago rattled more than a half filled change purse (LOL). You should keep the car and I am sure one dealer will fix this for you successfully. The sales manager at my dealer told me that the original clips were a poor design on Lexus's part and they worked hard to fix this issue.
Old 04-16-08, 09:48 AM
Eagle9k
Driver School Candidate

I apologize for sounding like a "baby". I brought the vehicle to the dealer this morning and the foreman could not find the noise. I drove the vehicle with him and I could still hear the rattle. So we finally came to a conclusion that I am going to wait until the rattle gets worst and then bring it back in. But the general idea I had in mind was to bring it in before the issue gets worst. I'm convinced, I just have the worst luck with cars, my previous vehicle was a 2005 subaru impreza 2.5 rs. No problems until I paid it off at 23,000 miles.

*sigh* Does anyone need a new IS350? I have one for sale.

Last edited by Eagle9k; 04-16-08 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-16-08, 09:53 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle9k
I apologize for sounding like a "baby". I brought the vehicle to the dealer this morning and the foreman could not find the noise. I drove the vehicle with him and I could still hear the rattle. So we finally came to a conclusion that I am going to wait until the rattle gets worst and then bring it back in. But the general idea I had in mind was to bring it in before the issue gets worst. I'm convinced, I just have the worst luck with cars, my previous vehicle was a 2005 subaru impreza 2.5 rs. No problems until I paid it off at 23,000 miles.

Does anyone need a new IS350? I have one for sale.
You don't sound like a baby, this rattle was annoying. I think there may be a separate TSIB for the glove box rattle separate from the dash rattle. Maybe another CL Member can verify and provide you the exact bulletin if available. I am surprised your dealer has not dealt with this issue before. Maybe owners have been reluctant to go for the fix at that particualr dealer. Oddly, it should be on the Lexus Technical Network.
Old 04-16-08, 09:54 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eagle9k

Does anyone need a new IS350? I have one for sale.
Dude, go to another dealership and get it fixed. If that particular dealership is giving you that kind of "BS"..."wait until it gets worse". I'd like to hear a doctor tell a cancer patient to come back when it gets worse..... THATS RIDICULOUS.

Get on the horn (phone) and call dealerships explaining the issue (speak to a supervisor). Find a place that will agree to do the service for you.

Quick Reply: Second thoughts about is350