IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My dealer's offer/ IS250 AWD/ good/bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 08:42 AM
rleggs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My dealer responds with this...

"????, you want wheels and tires which is putting back 3500 bucks ! Taxes, plates , another 3g . Go do what you have to do ,

This is a lot of work for no profit , which is what we get paid 16% on. 16% x 500 bucks is 80dollars paid commission.

It is a lot of running around. If someone will do it cheaper….. may you and them be blessed!

I will leave the door open for you if you want to do business with me.

Kindly,
Old 04-16-08, 09:46 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rleggs
"????, you want wheels and tires which is putting back 3500 bucks ! Taxes, plates , another 3g . Go do what you have to do ,

This is a lot of work for no profit , which is what we get paid 16% on. 16% x 500 bucks is 80dollars paid commission.

It is a lot of running around. If someone will do it cheaper….. may you and them be blessed!

I will leave the door open for you if you want to do business with me.

Kindly,
If this is intended to be your dealer's response to your price request, what I think you are saying is that the dealer was jerking you around with a car price he would normally never honor, so he could screw you on the price of the GS wheels?

Real nice.
Old 04-16-08, 09:53 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
You can do a little better.

Dont let the dealership give you that $500. over invoice Bull****. They also get insentives from the Manufacturer, Which means they pay even less that the invoice says for the vehicle in most cases. They just dont tell you. They simply pin up their regional "invoice" price.
From postings I have seen, $500 over invoice, outside of CA, is a good deal.
Old 04-16-08, 09:57 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tex2670
From postings I have seen, $500 over invoice, outside of CA, is a good deal.
I highly doubt that the price that dealer was giving the OP was $500 over invoice.

If you read the post that the dealer stated to the OP, he sounds like a real retard.
Old 04-16-08, 10:21 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

I highly doubt that the price that dealer was giving the OP was $500 over invoice.

If you read the post that the dealer stated to the OP, he sounds like a real retard.
all in, he's nowhere near $500 over invoice. But 36,645 for AWD, Nav, Lux Pkg, Prem Pkg, preferred accessories, rear spoiler (probably also includes headlight washers) it likely in the ball park, though. I bought my car a year ago for $36,150, which was about $600 over [Edmonds] invoice for AWD, Lux Pkg, Wood Trim (there was no Premium Pkg for AWD in '07), headlight washers, accessories pkg and all weather mats (MSRP $40,601). I'm not sure how the prices compare to a year ago, but I'm confident they are higher, when you compare apples to apples [AWD base price went down in '08, but heated / vented seats went from being std to optional in '08 for AWD].
Old 04-16-08, 10:31 AM
cornelia
Driver School Candidate

wow, why the hesitation? 500 over? ask him to show you the invoice?
that sounds like a great deal!! i paid more than that but it was worth it.
36k for an08 is250 with luxury package is a steal. That's what base Is's go for with just premium.
Old 04-16-08, 11:38 AM
cornelia
Driver School Candidate

so did you buy? and at what price?
Old 04-16-08, 11:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rleggs...

Here is how I would look at this deal.

Dont include the Taxes...

so you are getting the car for 36,645 +TTL...Sounds about right to me depending on the specifics you have in the car? You will get a better deal on a 250 then a 350 in IL.

The Trim, I really wonder what they are doing for 395? My opinion on this is to DIY and get an overlay or the silver trim (standard with sport pkg) and install yourself. They just pop out and something you could do in 30 min or less...Heck I will help you do it if you want.

The sport pedals I would have them installed at the dealer for 395$. I assume that includes the cost of the pedals also? If not seems high for the labor but other members have mentioned its a little hard to do this yourself.

You are adding the rims to the car and thats a pretty heft charge for the rims. 2 options you have here. 1. go aftermarket and get nicer rims for that kind of money! 2. purchase those same rims from ebay or another member for around 500$ + shipping! (saves you around 3k!!)

Clear bra, I can give you someone to go to direct and get it done for a fraction of the cost. He does the Lexus & Acura dealers for the family i sent you to.

Now you are really buying the car for 37,040 with the sport pedals only!
Next pointer Dealer can cut you a tax break! PM me for more info on how this works! Yes it can happen regardless of what others will tell you!

Call them and talk to them, PM me what you get back from them! We have a few days left before the meet to get you in a car...

Mike
Old 04-16-08, 11:57 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

yea This Is The Meet That I Wasnt Invited To Lol
Old 04-16-08, 12:02 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

QUOTE=MLIAISON;3451291]yea This Is The Meet That I Wasnt Invited To Lol[/QUOTE]

keep takin notes

until you purchase a car!

Unless you want me to have Brian come pick you up
Old 04-16-08, 12:11 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
rleggs...

Here is how I would look at this deal.

Dont include the Taxes...

so you are getting the car for 36,645 +TTL...Sounds about right to me depending on the specifics you have in the car? You will get a better deal on a 250 then a 350 in IL.

The Trim, I really wonder what they are doing for 395? My opinion on this is to DIY and get an overlay or the silver trim (standard with sport pkg) and install yourself. They just pop out and something you could do in 30 min or less...Heck I will help you do it if you want.

The sport pedals I would have them installed at the dealer for 395$. I assume that includes the cost of the pedals also? If not seems high for the labor but other members have mentioned its a little hard to do this yourself.

You are adding the rims to the car and thats a pretty heft charge for the rims. 2 options you have here. 1. go aftermarket and get nicer rims for that kind of money! 2. purchase those same rims from ebay or another member for around 500$ + shipping! (saves you around 3k!!)

Clear bra, I can give you someone to go to direct and get it done for a fraction of the cost. He does the Lexus & Acura dealers for the family i sent you to.

Now you are really buying the car for 37,040 with the sport pedals only!
Next pointer Dealer can cut you a tax break! PM me for more info on how this works! Yes it can happen regardless of what others will tell you!

Call them and talk to them, PM me what you get back from them! We have a few days left before the meet to get you in a car...

Mike

I second that, Mike is right for the pedal instal but for the vinyl overlays, seek elsewhere. I have a contact locally that can get you much better wheels and tires for a cheaper price you can deal direct with. Dealers make a large amount of profit on the add-on crap. I seen an IS250 AWD in the showroom two weeks back for $46,000 + sticker with junk rims and a dash kit that was cheap looking. Oh, let me not forget about the Nitrogen filled tires for $49 (LOL). I talked to a salesman at the dealer and he admitted what a joke that was. Let it be known, the car sold this past week. Never in my wildest dreams would i spend that on a 250 or even a 350.
Old 04-16-08, 12:13 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2

Unless you want me to have Brian come pick you up
Thats a terrible thing to do to me

lmao
Old 04-16-08, 12:20 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a terrible thing to do to me

lmao
I'm on my way to NY and I like Long Island. I think it will give me a reason to stop in Amityville to see some relatives at the below house.

http://www.lioddities.com/ghost/amityville.htm

P.S. I hope you like Neil Diamond, every slot in my in-dash changer is occupied with his wonderful selections!!!!!
Old 04-16-08, 12:38 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
I'm on my way to NY and I like Long Island. I think it will give me a reason to stop in Amityville to see some relatives at the below house.

http://www.lioddities.com/ghost/amityville.htm

P.S. I hope you like Neil Diamond, every slot in my in-dash changer is occupied with his wonderful selections!!!!!
Oh No way in hell! lol.

Amityville is way too close to my house lmao
Old 04-16-08, 12:51 PM
crzyis
Driver

So Wait, if his paying 36k for a 250AWD and Im paying 40500 for a Lux/Nav/ML 350 plus TTL then im getting the deal of the century huh??

Quick Reply: My dealer's offer/ IS250 AWD/ good/bad?