IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Driver Seat Feathers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 07:23 AM
almacruel
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Seat Feathers

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their driver seat "feathers" (not too sure if they are actually feathers but don't know what else to call it ) being espoused.... I noticed it when I was cleaning the inside of my car yesterday... My car has 15,000 miles on it and I was wondering if this was normal wear and tear on the seat or if it was something that I should have the dealer look at it. I know I'm probably being **** but I'm worried about long term affect this may have on the seat...
Old 04-16-08, 07:32 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Feathers huh

Next time I go to the dealership, im going to read the sticker...

(No Animals were harmed during the production of this vehicle)
This better be there!
Old 04-16-08, 07:43 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by almacruel
I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their driver seat "feathers" (not too sure if they are actually feathers but don't know what else to call it ) being espoused.... I noticed it when I was cleaning the inside of my car yesterday... My car has 15,000 miles on it and I was wondering if this was normal wear and tear on the seat or if it was something that I should have the dealer look at it. I know I'm probably being **** but I'm worried about long term affect this may have on the seat...
Feathers, wow (LOL)!!! Usually, it is a foam cushion with a metal hanger type molded into to attach to the seat skin. Are their actual feathers coming out of your seat that make it apparent?
Old 04-16-08, 07:47 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian231
Feathers, wow (LOL)!!! Usually, it is a foam cushion with a metal hanger type molded into to attach to the seat skin. Are their actual feathers coming out of your seat that make it apparent?
didnt he just say feathers!
Old 04-16-08, 08:01 AM
almacruel
Pole Position

I know it's usually foam that's why I'm asking the question lol... Idk what they are but its looks like black strings that are feather like... And I tried to vacuum them but it just made it worse... It's coming from right under the head rest area like where your shoulder rest...
Old 04-16-08, 08:10 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I know it's usually foam that's why I'm asking the question lol... Idk what they are but its looks like black strings that are feather like... And I tried to vacuum them but it just made it worse... It's coming from right under the head rest area like where your shoulder rest...
Honestly,

I would just take it to the dealer. Sounds like they are using a more supple material possibly combined with foam. Should be a warrenty issue, I had a seat replaced under warrenty in an Altima many years ago. I also did a whole leather kit in a car before and learned how cheaply car seats are manufactured. probably to both cut cost an weight.
Old 04-16-08, 08:11 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
didnt he just say feathers!
Simmer down Sally!!!!!
Old 04-16-08, 08:22 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Simmer down Sally!!!!!
You're just mad lol
Old 04-16-08, 08:29 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Feathers in the seats? Wow....I had no idea? But, yeah...you should take the problem to the dealer. That's too bad something like this is already happening to your car.
Old 04-16-08, 08:45 AM
almacruel
Pole Position

I'm going to try to get a picture of what the seat looks like when I get out of work but I have a feeling that it's going to be really hard to get a picture of lol...
Old 04-16-08, 09:00 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I'm going to try to get a picture of what the seat looks like when I get out of work but I have a feeling that it's going to be really hard to get a picture of lol...
When I had my lower seat skin on my drivers side replaced on a 1999 Altima which was a year old, the service manager told me, "Why should we replace that part if it is just going to be pulling up again (seat fabric was loosing elasticity with the flexible straps)? Evidently this was an issue with this car and I am an average size guy on top of it. I looked right at the manager and said, "We'll then, why should I take a shower if I am going to just get dirty again?" Needless to say, it was fixed a week later and the fabric never pulled again (LOL). I am sure Lexus is much better in helping to service the customer.
Old 04-16-08, 09:12 AM
almacruel
Pole Position

When I had my lower seat skin on my drivers side replaced on a 1999 Altima which was a year old, the service manager told me, "Why should we replace that part if it is just going to be pulling up again (seat fabric was loosing elasticity with the flexible straps)? Evidently this was an issue with this car and I am an average size guy on top of it. I looked right at the manager and said, "We'll then, why should I take a shower if I am going to just get dirty again?" Needless to say, it was fixed a week later and the fabric never pulled again (LOL). I am sure Lexus is much better in helping to service the customer.
I think what is happing is the strings on the inside of the leather cover are coming out threw the holes in the seat... Don't know if that makes any since but only explanation I could come up with... I guess I should make an appointment with the dealer to have them look at it... Although I hate taking my car to the dealer for anything
Old 04-16-08, 12:02 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"We'll then, why should I take a shower if I am going to just get dirty again?"
HEY~ no kidding right??? were men and we should smell like men also if we cut down on the monthy water bill thats more money for MODS!!!

*ok back to the topic*

LOL feathers... thats pretty funny
Old 04-16-08, 12:12 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
HEY~ no kidding right??? were men and we should smell like men also if we cut down on the monthy water bill thats more money for MODS!!!

*ok back to the topic*

That was hilarious ^
Old 04-16-08, 12:13 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by llamaboiz

*ok back to the topic*

Ah, looks like I should log off of CL and take a shower, my month is up (LOL)!!!!

Quick Reply: Driver Seat Feathers