IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Audio Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 09:50 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Install

What is a reasonable price for a full audio install on the IS 350: 2amps, front/rear comps, 1 12 sub & crossover? I was thinking of doing custom amp rack on the left & right side and a ported box. I was quoted anywhere from 1000-2200 for all this...Sounds extremely high...
Old 04-17-08, 11:02 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds about right to me... But depends if your going full JL audio or another vendor.
Old 04-18-08, 12:32 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

audio systems have a really wide price range... all depends on what brand of equiptment you use.. u can spend 1 grand on speakers, amps, subs from some lower end company or you can spend 1g for 1 amp from arc audio a very high competition line company. so it all depends on how much money you want to dump into your system. if you dont want some cheap aftermarket products but you also dont want to spend top dollar... find your middle ground. a full system w/ custom trunk inclosures can range anywhere from 1 grand (no name brand) to 3 grand (well known brand) to 5 figures (high end competition brand).
Old 04-18-08, 06:27 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some good internet based brands that are really good and won't break the bank. Here are a few you can take a look at:

Elemental Designs - www.edesignaudio.com
Sundown Audio - www.sundownaudio.com
AudioQue - www.audioque.com
AudioPipe - www.audiopipe.com
Ascendant Audio - www.ascendantaudio.com
Incriminator Audio - www.incriminatoraudio.com
Old 04-18-08, 08:00 AM
suorum
Pole Position

I think he is talking ONLY about the installation, NO parts have been included on that estimate (if they have, it is SUPER CHEAP!).
I would try to do as much as I can by myself and let the guys do the tricky part, so you do not risk to screw anything in your car.
Prices are right as far as installation concerns.
Old 04-18-08, 08:03 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

You're right. I read into it completely wrong.

Try to check out some of the previous installs to get an idea of their quality. That will give you a good idea if the price you are being charged is reasonable or not.
Old 04-18-08, 08:42 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

this guy i know in the city does complete audio upgrades with subs in proper enclosures, amps, wiring so you can still use your steering wheel audio buttons, speakers and everything for about 4 grand. he only uses top of the line stuff like mcintosh and what not. sounds a little steep but the guy works on nothing but high end stuff IE Porsche ferrari bentley mercedes etc etc

I'm gonna have to start living off instant cup noodles for the next 3 years
Old 04-18-08, 08:46 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Ha yea I meant just install. I already have all the equipment. They seem to be a really good business. Ive seen a few installs already & they can do some quality work. They also said they would build me a custom face so I can use an after market CD player. I didnt realize how small the trunk on the IS is. I would need something custom so I dont lose too much trunk space...
Old 04-18-08, 08:49 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

oh just an install? hmm i guess since they're not making money on sales of the parts they're gonna make up for in labor charge lol

I hate how places do that. but good luck on getting a better quote. not sure if that's a reasonable price tho.
Old 04-18-08, 08:52 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pivo154
Ha yea I meant just install. I already have all the equipment. They seem to be a really good business. Ive seen a few installs already & they can do some quality work. They also said they would build me a custom face so I can use an after market CD player. I didnt realize how small the trunk on the IS is. I would need something custom so I dont lose too much trunk space...
I have a 15" ported, 1 amp and an air compressor/tank. Needless to say I have just about 0 trunk space
Old 04-18-08, 09:01 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Well thats the thing. They were trying to get me to buy other amps and speakers. It kinda ticked me off. Ill just go to every shop I can & get price quotes. I just want to save as much space as I can & if I need to get to the spare I dont have to move anything. But 1200-2000 did sound a bit ridiculous just for install...
Old 04-18-08, 09:04 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

All that should be doable for less than that. It depends how flashy you want your install to be though. Something basic SHOULD be less than that.
Old 04-18-08, 09:19 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

I dont care for flashy. I just want to save as much trunk space as possible. He said he would mount the amps on the left & right side paneling them off in the corners & the 12 inch sub would be pushed back in the middle. Ive never done this before so I am trying to get a price. Hopefully people who have done a similar install can reply here.
Old 04-18-08, 09:30 AM
suorum
Pole Position

Again, it definitively depends on what they are planning to use and on how picky you wanna get with your install. Deadening? Super high quality power installation? Fiber glass custom enclosures?.
Now about saving space, best you can do is a false floor for the amps and and the custom sub enclosures made by Audio40 (or something like that). They fit great on the sides of our trunks. That way you will save the most on space. GL man...and do not pay a lot for INSTALL. If you are an adventurous one, go do it yourself. Will take you a while but it'll work just as good as their install.
Old 04-18-08, 09:36 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

The biggest problem with this car is no dash kit...Im guessing there wont be one made...How much would a shop charge to build a custom front dash kit? Also how much better would an aftermarket cd player sound vs the stock one??

Quick Reply: Audio Install