IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OMFG WTF Lexus (my air freshener melted and ruined my vent area)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 01:14 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
That's right, Richie, take that tree and put it right up your seat (LOL)!!!
You know, I would probably be a little ticked that I dont have a come back right now LOL!!.......but you have yet to look at the "Mystery Beep thread"

So, Im still +1 up on you brian heheh
Old 04-21-08, 01:17 PM
dangp
Pole Position

i find that putting the stick air fresheners underneath the driver and passenger side seats, the smell lasts a lot longer then putting them in the vents and the ones that are in cans i just put in the center console cup holder.
Old 04-21-08, 01:23 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow
I actually have one of those air fresheners in each vent. Totalling 4 in the front and 1 in the back. Had my car 1+ years and turned the heat on high and nothing. I think you need to switch air freshener brands.
That's all well and good, but WTF - are you driving through a cow pasture every day or something?

Old 04-21-08, 01:24 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
That's all well and good, but WTF - are you driving through a cow pasture every day or something?

Maybe he just has some morning gas lmao

JK dont hit me
Old 04-21-08, 01:35 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

And this is Lexus' fault how??
Old 04-21-08, 01:49 PM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Andoskyy
When you spill wine on your carpet, do you get pissed at the carpet manufacturer?

come on now....
^^^^^^ Agreed
Old 04-21-08, 02:12 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

Being car guys...instead of using a cheesy-looking air freshener, you should be spraying Febreeze Auto on your carpets.
Old 04-21-08, 02:26 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

that sucks but i prefer the natural car smell of leather hehe, every car manufacture has its own smell i guess its the leather used. like bmw will smell the ame more or less.
Old 04-21-08, 03:02 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

time to get some AIR SPENCER CS-X3...... (solid stuff)

liquid air freshener for LEXUS ?

Last edited by kickin8; 04-21-08 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 03:04 PM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

I think I should take my IS350 back in because the tires are wearing out. Maybe it's their fault the rubber doesn't last.

It's your responsibility what you put in the car. It is in no way a liability of Lexus with what scent of whatever you throw in the car. I still don't understand how a fairly new car can stink so bad? My 13 yr old S6 still smells the same new-ish way it did back in 2001 when I bought it. I guess it's all in how you take care of your ride.

This thread is stupid, and should be closed.
Old 04-21-08, 03:51 PM
iameric
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a picture, it's almost like the sunlight was magnified through the bottle. The bottle didn't leak or crack or anything and I've had it for a good time now, including all of winter which I had the heater blowing on it and nothing.
I just can't believe the ****ty paint they put on my parts, if it was the wood grain this wouldn't have happened, but the fact that I have the painted silver finish is probably the culprit.

Originally Posted by 15951

And actually I live in Lubbock, Tx where about once every week the rankest smelling cow **** flows through the city, god damn southern winds.

Last edited by iameric; 04-21-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 03:55 PM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iameric

Here's a picture, it's almost like the sunlight was magnified through the bottle. The bottle didn't leak and I've had it for a good time now, including all of winter which I had the heater blowing on it and nothing.
I just can't believe the ****ty paint they put on my parts, if it was the wood grain this wouldn't have happened, but the fact that I have the painted silver finish is the culprit.
WITHOUT MY GLASSES ON, IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING THERE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE DOING AFTER HOURS

I wish my nights were that eventfull

...wait lemme put on my spectacles......oh yea.....def. needs a detail sry dude
Old 04-21-08, 05:07 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Here is what you do. This happened to my friends new Civic a few years back. He had one on its vent also but it dripped down into her stock cd player basically ruining it.

Call the manufacturer of the Air Freshener. Send them pictures of the damage and tell them to pay for it. My friend did this and they actually paid for a new CD Player for my friends car.
Old 04-21-08, 05:28 PM
iameric
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may, but the service rep and Lexus rep were pretty rude. They're having to check with the person above them to see if they can do it. He told me they would only cover it if the person above him was "feeling generous," after that comment I told them straight up that my grandfather who is the one financing and paying for my car along with 12 other Lexus as of right this very moment has spent over $600,000 in the past 5 years (including the new Lexus LS 600 h L) and that if they weren't going to fix it that they could call him directly and tell him they wouldn't be replacing everything. So we'll see how this goes, my family (and family's company) is a very valued customer of Lexus (unfortunately not at this dealer) so they should replace it, if not I will speak with the manufacturer of the air freshener, but the air freshener didn't leak, it was still fine so it's not their fault.
I'm pretty sure it was the light being intensified through the liquid, that paint should have lasted. It was not only the paint directly under the freshener but all the way around it, that's why there's that bad paint mark going up and to the right

Last edited by iameric; 04-21-08 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 05:39 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iameric
I may, but the service rep and Lexus rep were pretty rude. They're having to check with the person above them to see if they can do it. He told me they would only cover it if the person above him was "feeling generous," after that comment I told them straight up that my grandfather who is the one financing and paying for my car along with 12 other Lexus as of right this very moment has spent over $600,000 in the past 5 years (including the new Lexus LS 600 h L) and that if they weren't going to fix it that they could call him directly and tell him they wouldn't be replacing everything. So we'll see how this goes, my family (and family's company) is a very valued customer of Lexus (unfortunately not at this dealer) so they should replace it, if not I will speak with the manufacturer of the air freshener, but the air freshener didn't leak, it was still fine so it's not their fault.
I'm pretty sure it was the light being intensified through the liquid, that paint should have lasted. It was not only the paint directly under the freshener but all the way around it, that's why there's that bad paint mark going up and to the right
I don't know why you think Lexus should cover this damage when it clearly isn't their fault in any way, shape or form. Lexus owners, at least on this IS forum, seem to think that once they buy the car Lexus Corp should imdemnify everything that happens to the car. You goofed up and damaged the finish, that is your fault and your responsibility to fix it. And why bring your grandfather into the picture? Did you ask him first? I wouldn't want my grandkid trying to weasel something like this without being told. He is the businessman footing the bill, not you.

Quick Reply: OMFG WTF Lexus (my air freshener melted and ruined my vent area)