IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installed a USA SPEC IPOD interface yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 09:11 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
thats a good price, I will definitely get this if it has video. Vaistech is overpriced IMO.
It doesn't do video, but I do agreed VaisTech is a little overpriced, plus I notice from thier forum there are alot of problems with them. I did alot of searching and research on the USA SPEC on a bunch of sites and they really didn't have any problems. Amnd trust me when I say I tested the ***** of this last night after I installed it and it worked perfect.
Old 04-23-08, 02:06 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Assuming you haven't done the nav hack, how much functionality do you have with this device when the vehicle is in motion?
Old 04-23-08, 03:35 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Also full steering wheel button functions?
Old 04-24-08, 06:40 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bichon
Assuming you haven't done the nav hack, how much functionality do you have with this device when the vehicle is in motion?
Without the Nav hack, it is just like playing an MP3 CD, you have the same control.

Originally Posted by tmag
Also full steering wheel button functions?
Yes you have full steering button controls, just like with a CD/MP3 CD
Old 04-24-08, 09:09 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so does this connect to the sat option like the vaistech this rendering your sat2 and sat3 gone?
Old 04-24-08, 10:49 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fluxx
so does this connect to the sat option like the vaistech this rendering your sat2 and sat3 gone?
No it doesn't go in the Sat port, it has nothing to do with the Sat radio, it becomes a 2nd CD changer.
Old 04-24-08, 11:13 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

so i am to assume the adapter cable given splits the connection one for the 6cd changer thats built in and the other one goes the ipod adapter?
Old 04-24-08, 11:15 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

I found a PDF online for the pa20 online:

http://usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa20-toy.pdf

Personally I am on the fence about whether I should install a usaspec unit or spend more money and get the vaistech SL2Vi. If I didn't want video at all I'd have made the same decision as the OP and went with the usaspec unit. Now that there's the SL2Vi available I'm not sure.
Old 04-24-08, 12:50 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Default Re:

Just to help out and make sure all of you are well informed. Our iPod unit does not work off SAT emulation. It works like an MP3 changer. While the USASpec unit does cost less (only $25) you will still be sacrificing audio quality, controllability, and reliability. If you would compare the two units with any audio file ours will win out, hands down. We develop all our own technology (hardware and software) right here in Colorado. We have established a forum to help our customers out and to make sure we address every individual concern, weather it be an issue that needs our attention or if its just teaching someone how it operates we are always here for them. I think that there are not a lot of companies out there that provide this level of service and information. Also the screen shots in the USASpec manual are not from them, they were taken by one of our employees in his personal car. They were illegally stolen off our website and they refuse to respond to our emails requesting the removal of these pictures. If you have a USASpec unit installed with no issues, we are happy for you. To everyone else, we don't want you to waste your time and money on a product, then having to pay more money for ours. There is a 25 dollar difference between the two units, and please don't compare the SL2VI because it does do video and audio when no one else in this industry is doing that. If the person who said it works fine overnight please contact us in 3-4 weeks and let us know whats happening, more likely than not you will be experiencing something specific. Just let us know when it happens. Thanks.

Please if you have questions, ask. Hope this will help out!

Support Team
VAIS Technology
sales@vaistech.com
720-733-2348
Old 04-29-08, 11:17 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Just to help out and make sure all of you are well informed. Our iPod unit does not work off SAT emulation. It works like an MP3 changer. While the USASpec unit does cost less (only $25) you will still be sacrificing audio quality, controllability, and reliability. If you would compare the two units with any audio file ours will win out, hands down. We develop all our own technology (hardware and software) right here in Colorado. We have established a forum to help our customers out and to make sure we address every individual concern, weather it be an issue that needs our attention or if its just teaching someone how it operates we are always here for them. I think that there are not a lot of companies out there that provide this level of service and information. Also the screen shots in the USASpec manual are not from them, they were taken by one of our employees in his personal car. They were illegally stolen off our website and they refuse to respond to our emails requesting the removal of these pictures. If you have a USASpec unit installed with no issues, we are happy for you. To everyone else, we don't want you to waste your time and money on a product, then having to pay more money for ours. There is a 25 dollar difference between the two units, and please don't compare the SL2VI because it does do video and audio when no one else in this industry is doing that. If the person who said it works fine overnight please contact us in 3-4 weeks and let us know whats happening, more likely than not you will be experiencing something specific. Just let us know when it happens. Thanks.

Please if you have questions, ask. Hope this will help out!

Support Team
VAIS Technology
sales@vaistech.com
720-733-2348

One the unit is almost $100.00 cheaper then yours, your unit is $249.00 this was $154.00 (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...oduct1062.html) . Two I have had installed now for over 2 weeks with no problems whatsoever, does everything that it's supposed to do perfectly. Three I really doubt there is any difference in sound quality, you are taking the line outs of the Ipod and putting them into the Line In's on the radio in the car, this should be a str8 thru connection, so sound quality is going to be same. And last but not least I find it real petty for a VAIS to put down another company's product the way you just did, and for that I will never buy from you, nor recommend your product to anyone or on any board.

P.S. And I also really doubt a company as big as USA SPEC would rip off your pics and how do we know that Vais didn't steal the pics from USA SPEC, since they already have the unit working and have for over 6 months.

Last edited by lexusscguy; 04-29-08 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-29-08, 04:13 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

This is an informative and discussion forum, which our company has been supporting for some time. We here at VAIS Technology feel that users of this forum should be well aware of differences between available iPod adapters.

Unfortunately for our competitors and fortunately for us, there is a lot more involved in reputable iPod adapter design then just "taking the line outs of the Ipod and putting them into the Line In's on the radio in the car". We have put a lot of time in developing of what we have, and we are not afraid to say that it is the best iPod integration on the market. We stand behind our product and proud of what we can offer to all Lexus and Toyota owners.

In regards to USA Spec using our pictures, it has been very unfortunate for us to find out that our competition actually uses our pictures to advertise their product. To clear things up we are posting those pictures so you can all see - those picture actually do belong to VAIS Technology. Pictures were taken in early 2005 to demonstrate AIC-100i (our first Gen unit) operation. And nobody but us have those pictures in color and in High Res. In fact at that time USA Spec didn't even have iPod adapter for Lexus/Toyota. We have no choice but to make people aware of this through this forum, as USA Spec does not respond to our attempts to contact them. It is a lot more then unethical for them to do something like this.

We appreciate your efforts in writing review for our competitive product, as it always gives us an opportunity to improve and to secure our position on the market. We also appreciate you taking your time to call us on the phone to give us some valuable insights regarding our company.

Thanks all clublexus members for your faith and support, it gives us great opportunity to design even more great products for you all.

Respectfully

VAIS Technology
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
toy.bmp (73.1 KB, 1357 views)
Old 04-29-08, 04:30 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VaisTech
This is an informative and discussion forum, which our company has been supporting for some time. We here at VAIS Technology feel that users of this forum should be well aware of differences between available iPod adapters.

Unfortunately for our competitors and fortunately for us, there is a lot more involved in reputable iPod adapter design then just "taking the line outs of the Ipod and putting them into the Line In's on the radio in the car". We have put a lot of time in developing of what we have, and we are not afraid to say that it is the best iPod integration on the market. We stand behind our product and proud of what we can offer to all Lexus and Toyota owners.

In regards to USA Spec using our pictures, it has been very unfortunate for us to find out that our competition actually uses our pictures to advertise their product. To clear things up we are posting those pictures so you can all see - those picture actually do belong to VAIS Technology. Pictures were taken in early 2005 to demonstrate AIC-100i (our first Gen unit) operation. And nobody but us have those pictures in color and in High Res. In fact at that time USA Spec didn't even have iPod adapter for Lexus/Toyota. We have no choice but to make people aware of this through this forum, as USA Spec does not respond to our attempts to contact them. It is a lot more then unethical for them to do something like this.

We appreciate your efforts in writing review for our competitive product, as it always gives us an opportunity to improve and to secure our position on the market. We also appreciate you taking your time to call us on the phone to give us some valuable insights regarding our company.

Thanks all clublexus members for your faith and support, it gives us great opportunity to design even more great products for you all.

Respectfully

VAIS Technology
How come you keep replying to this thread daily, sometimes multiple times a day yet you havent chimed in on your own thread which was started weeks ago and many people want more info and are asking questions?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=349828
Old 04-29-08, 04:49 PM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Electric
How come you keep replying to this thread daily, sometimes multiple times a day yet you havent chimed in on your own thread which was started weeks ago and many people want more info and are asking questions?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=349828

My guess would be that because they are so far behind on the software, they figure no news is better then bad news, just my opinion.
Old 04-29-08, 06:22 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

So how does this unit (USA SPEC) differ from the Lexus unit (which I believe is $300, installed)?
Old 04-30-08, 05:50 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sktn77a
So how does this unit (USA SPEC) differ from the Lexus unit (which I believe is $300, installed)?
The Lexus unit makes the Ipod simulate a Sat radio, wereas the USA-SPEC makes the Ipod simulate another CD changer.

Quick Reply: Installed a USA SPEC IPOD interface yesterday